Author Topic: An Observtion.....Quiet Bikes and Loud Bikes  (Read 11327 times)

agagliardi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #45 on: April 05, 2021, 02:51:34 am
 In all groups, as well as riders- HD, British, Sportbike, Royal Enfield, etc, etc, there are some very cool people, assholes, and everything in between. You cannot judge or characterize a rider based upon the ride.

Those of us who are so bothered by a type of rider should ask themselves why?

In today's world, I find a rider who happens to be an asshole the last individual that is bothersome
1988 Super Magna(Disabled), 2000 Harley Softail, 2004 Hayabusa, 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor, 2004 Corvette, 2019 Indian scout

Effektor

• Bulleteer
Reply #46 on: April 05, 2021, 02:55:15 am
Because to many of them other bikes (or their riders) don't even exist and are not worthy of their time?  ;)

Maybe. I know worrying about what others ride and whining about folks who choose to ride a different make than me isn't worthy of my time either!  ;D

Hoiho

• Dead horse beater
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #47 on: April 05, 2021, 02:56:38 am
The HD bikers i know have their Harley to ride. Long distances. Often more than 20.000km per year. Impossible with indian garbage. Not the kind of people who pretend they are still in the 60s, when english cycles were great. Rockers and leather-boys on their cafe racers, not just old farts on their cheap indian wannabee bikes..

Here’s a pic from my last ride with a HD. Almost landed flat on my face when it fired, those things have high turnover inertia.

BTW I’m well in my way to 20,000km pa on my Chennai special.

GravyDavy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #48 on: April 05, 2021, 03:11:45 am
I'm going to suggest that viczena ain't here for the hunting.

agagliardi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #49 on: April 05, 2021, 03:18:01 am
If someone doesn't wave back, or tries to play out some pseudo tough role on his Harley, or rides with a Yosh pipe on his screaming Jap, or straight pipe or whatever asinine example of Dope, I could care less. Don't even notice anymore.

What I do notice is Dangerous behavior- flying past me in my lane at 127MPH with the added screaming pipe, or the same individual lane splltting at loud dangerous speed, or maybe with an almost naked young lady with flip flops on back as an added example of Dope.

That truly bothers me
1988 Super Magna(Disabled), 2000 Harley Softail, 2004 Hayabusa, 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor, 2004 Corvette, 2019 Indian scout

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #50 on: April 05, 2021, 03:29:57 am
A famous guy said: "Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples - while judging ourselves by our best intentions. And this has strained our bonds of understanding and common purpose. ..."

When it comes to motorcycles my common purpose is to inhale the moment. Ride like I don't have to get home. I embrace the tangential activities that keep dreaded thoughts out of mind.

All specialty activities have an element of tribalism. No one benefits from escalation to tribal warfare and hate.  At least we are much less snarky than the national kennel clubs ;).
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #51 on: April 05, 2021, 03:34:47 am

Speaking of "dreaded thoughts", it's difficult to discern what exactly is happening here. It could be some guys bump-starting a bike. Or it might be some wacky game of Saddlebag Butt-JengaTM in progress. I knew you guys were freaky.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 03:43:19 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Semanticks

• Grease Monkey
  • 2019 Interceptor Ravishing Red
Reply #52 on: April 05, 2021, 03:49:54 am
We clearly need to reconcile and find common ground.....

....so, what kind of oil should I use?  :o ;D :-X
South Okanagan BC

2019 Interceptor Ravishing Red

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #53 on: April 05, 2021, 04:38:39 am
I'm going to suggest that viczena ain't here for the hunting.

To his great credit, 'Viczena' actually runs his own Enfield Forum (in German) chock full of extremely useful tech info, like how to set it up so one might scan one's latter-day Royal Enfield with an OBDII scanner. That may not be of immediate use to "primitives" like me and my pre-digital Bullet, but having spent enough years in Germany in my youth to have picked up a bit of shabby-mumbly German, I do pop in there from time to time just to see what's new and interesting: https://www.g-homeserver.com/forum/royal-enfield-500-trials
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Toontje

• Grand Gearhead
  • Barcelona, Spain
Reply #54 on: April 05, 2021, 09:24:07 am
And people like you are enabling them.
WTF? I actually think i am doing the opposite. Trying to get rid of the bikers image of being a hooligan that doesn't give a rats f*ck about anything or anybody.
But then again, everybody his own opinion.
Ice Queen for sale in Spain (Was: Riding my Ice Queen through Spain).

Toontje

• Grand Gearhead
  • Barcelona, Spain
Reply #55 on: April 05, 2021, 09:27:20 am
Put your helmets on a go for a ride ???
Let me finish my coffee first.

Toontje

• Grand Gearhead
  • Barcelona, Spain
Reply #56 on: April 05, 2021, 09:30:00 am
maybe with an almost naked young lady with flip flops on back as an added example of Dope.
That's what i am missing and that's what really is bothering me.

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #57 on: April 05, 2021, 09:39:19 am
Trying to get rid of the bikers image of being a hooligan that doesn't give a rats f*ck about anything or anybody. Do you really believe that you will be excempted?

That is  exactly the definition of any biker on any bike with combustion engine.
For every non-biker . So you are enabling getting rid of any non-electrical bike. Or any bike, if you see the urge to close roads for bikes. Or later on for any "non essential travel"?

How well did Chamberlains appeasement policy work out?

How well will it work out that you show the world that you are a real believer of face masks, lockdowns and punishment?

Do you really believe that you will be excempted?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 10:00:02 am by viczena »
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: April 05, 2021, 12:19:28 pm
My former BMW R1150 with the German ultra quite exhaust very little noise.

Hoiho

• Dead horse beater
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #59 on: April 05, 2021, 12:28:25 pm

Speaking of "dreaded thoughts", it's difficult to discern what exactly is happening here. It could be some guys bump-starting a bike. Or it might be some wacky game of Saddlebag Butt-JengaTM in progress. I knew you guys were freaky.

We were trying to deliver his HD welcome present, but he just ignored us and rode off.  :-\