Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855407 times)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #7365 on: January 22, 2018, 08:18:13 pm
Excellent video footage and soundtrack! Just one suggestion for future videos if I may...  ::) More nacelle / handlebar / gas tank in the screen please (while riding). It makes sitting at my desk feel much more like riding my Enfield!  8)

Sorry, Mantavya (youtube) has spoiled me with his Green/Chrome C5!  :)

As for the latest C5, I would love to have one, but I'm quite attached to my 2015. A swingarm conversion kit would be best for me but I don't suppose RE will be making one.  :'(

And what about that big bolt that's missing??? They must've changed the frame to do that...?
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7366 on: January 23, 2018, 01:06:00 am
i am impressed with the bike and there is a pretty good chance i will hold on to it ;) i know it's only early but the more you ride and drive and in the car world i've had well in excess of 100 cars - and i mean good stuff not crap- good $$$ cars you know immediately if its any good within miles or not. weeks later your opinion rearely changes and in the end you piss it off.
when some-one sells something its either short of caskh or some-thing wrong or not happy with. mine is usually or always the later...lol and i try again...lol been like that for 50 odd years
now i wouldn't say the colour hits me 100% but i only had the choice of two colours. you might see me do a full colour change on this bike. after all there only bikes-so it means nothing to me!
now as to the 650 good chance i will have one of those by the end of the year. that depends upon if my expensive mutation birds breed or not. i have the birds -all i  require is the bustardos to breed.....and they only have to breed 6 young and i will have a 650 for feather power!

as to the camera angle its fitted on the gas cap. i could use a chest mount. i will have to look at that other guys video. i might take you a couple of frame shots.

Fragman

• Bulleteer
Reply #7367 on: January 23, 2018, 06:46:44 am
It was still raining today so I made a crud guard from thin, linen reinforced rubber sheet & fitted 'er up using 2 small SS screws, nuts & washers. This should go a fair ways to help keep crap flung from the tire from entering me modified airbox intake.
Nothing better than a nice putt on an RE.
It's a serene way to travel at an unhurried pace.

-2013 Classic Maroon-

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #7368 on: January 23, 2018, 01:34:53 pm
rattlebattle
check out my video. the review starts at 12 minutes and at roughly the 18 minute mark you will see how well the duel disc ABS system works on the best C5 Enfield has made
https://youtu.be/4kHELG7C5gA
without a doubt - best C5 I have ever purchased!

I suppose you've been asked this before, but what camera do you use, how is it mounted and what is the process of uploading to Youtube? Is it just clicking on Apps?

I'm thinking having a camera might get me on the bike more.

What cameras are good now if I go look on eBay? I suppose Go Pro. What about used Go Pros? Is buying one taking a big chance?
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7369 on: January 23, 2018, 02:07:38 pm
               I suppose you've been asked this before, but what camera do you use, how is it mounted and what is the process of uploading to Youtube? Is it just clicking on Apps?

What cameras are good now if I go look on eBay? I suppose Go Pro. What about used Go Pros? Is buying one taking a big chance?

Being someone who has owned both "generic" action cameras, and a GoPro Session, here's my 2 cents:

A lot of "generic" action cameras do claim true 1080 resolution, the problem falls with the bit/sampling rate.  My first camera I threw away because the sound was atrocious and eventually the sound didn't even cue with the video, then video was skipping.  That was a waste of $90, and that was Sharper Image camera.

Last Christmas, the wife got me a GoPro Hero Session 4.  I absolutely love it!  The desktop editing apps for GoPro kind of suck, but the mobile smart phone editing is very cool and handy for short edits of 3 minutes or less.  Longer edits, I Sony Movie Studio on my desktop.

But, the best bang for the buck is the Ion Air Pro.  There is no preview screen, but due to it's torpedo shape, it is very easy to aim and know with confidence it has the right angle.  180* wide angle lenses, built in battery that lasts a couple of hours, and you can plug it right into your computer with a micro USB cable to transfer video files.

Here is a link to the Ion camera:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/iON-AIR-PRO-Full-HD-Sports-Action-Camcorder/171432917468?epid=116000698&hash=item27ea32b9dc:g:XX8AAOSwDk5T5SYy

Here is a link to an edit I've done recording with the Ion and using Sony Movie Studio for editing:
NOTE: There are some funny and sketchy fails and bails at the end of this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il2e8_czB3M&t=35s
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #7370 on: January 23, 2018, 03:02:24 pm

I've been using the GoPro 3+ (IIRC the model number) and have been quite pleased with it.  Picked up an extended battery and run a 64 gb SD card in it - that gives me hours of video to choose from later.  Haven't done much with it lately, need to get back into using it, especially on my back road rides. 

As for editing, GoPro has some simple programs for editing.  Very basic, but they get 'er done.  Once you're done with the video, log into your YouTube account, click the "upload video" button, upload your video and you're good to go.
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #7371 on: January 23, 2018, 06:49:49 pm
   I've been using the Sony Action Cam (rarely) and frankly have not been that impressed, especially after paying for the extras. I can only say the mounts are as good as anything out there, the playback quality is excellent on the cam, but for some reason anything I've attempted to upload has had horrible quality. Might have had something to do with Photofuckit.  >:(
  That Ion cam looks pretty cool pricewise, the reviews are actually very good, and HoO's video quality is superb, but I'll see if I can find the Sony cam, get it out and try again. At the worst I can sell the Sony on CL and use the $$$ to get an Ion. Certainly cheap enough.  8)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #7372 on: January 23, 2018, 06:53:27 pm
   Back to the subject...
   Double-checked the hack alignment this morning, adjusted bike shocks to the highest setting. Now waiting to see if it warms up enough to get the missus in the tub and start working on the EJK settings to get decent performance with the added weight and drag.
   If I can't get to it today I'll have to wait yet another week to get to it.  >:(
   I could throw a bunch of ballast in it and go it alone, but the whole point is to get her involved. Meanwhile she can continue practicing controlling her Comm set by feel.  ::)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #7373 on: January 23, 2018, 07:01:38 pm
Here is a link to an edit I've done recording with the Ion and using Sony Movie Studio for editing:
NOTE: There are some funny and sketchy fails and bails at the end of this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il2e8_czB3M&t=35s

You know that something's amiss when you're grabbing onto trees to stop... classic!

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #7374 on: January 23, 2018, 08:30:09 pm
Took a bit of rubbing compound to the scratch on the side of the tank from my fall the other day.  Thankfully, the white disappeared and one has to look close to see the scratch.  Finished up with a bit of wax on the whole tank and it's looking much better.

Still have just over 300 km to go before the first post-rebuild oil change. 
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #7375 on: January 24, 2018, 01:55:36 am
I changed the oil, filter and spark plug in my G5.

There was about the same amount of black colored metal filings on the main drain plug magnet.
Very little on the pump inlet screen retainer magnet.

The spark plug looked virtually new but because I have several new replacements, I installed one of them.

Now, the bike is ready for the next 5000 miles. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7376 on: January 24, 2018, 03:31:30 am
Helo - FWIW PhotoBucket always downsized the original video substantially.  I never could get a video to load worth a crap on there.  The Sony cams are supposed to be a decent camera.  If the video playback is high quality on your computer, it was definitely an uploading issue.

Matt - That is probably the sketchiest and funnest road we thrash.  It's a full 10 minute ride from top to bottom.  We've actually clocked 54mph on the gps neck and neck at the lower end of the road.  That particular day was pretty epic as there was a bunch of us riding that day.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Fragman

• Bulleteer
Reply #7377 on: January 24, 2018, 04:40:00 am
Just dinked around tidying the beasty up a bit & topping up the battery charge. Couldn't get out fer a putt due to the pissin' fookin' rain. >:(

I'm tempted to giver a run like this guy on the 1st dry day I get. ;)
Note the speed wobble at full flight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et0GGzG1y8I
Nothing better than a nice putt on an RE.
It's a serene way to travel at an unhurried pace.

-2013 Classic Maroon-

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7378 on: January 29, 2018, 07:54:28 pm
Oil change yesterday after a quick hoon around town to warm her up. That's the last of the 10w50 in. When the next change is due in July it'll be the 10w40 going in.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #7379 on: January 31, 2018, 03:42:00 pm

But, the best bang for the buck is the Ion Air Pro.  There is no preview screen, but due to it's torpedo shape, it is very easy to aim and know with confidence it has the right angle.  180* wide angle lenses, built in battery that lasts a couple of hours, and you can plug it right into your computer with a micro USB cable to transfer video files.

Here is a link to the Ion camera:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/iON-AIR-PRO-Full-HD-Sports-Action-Camcorder/171432917468?epid=116000698&hash=item27ea32b9dc:g:XX8AAOSwDk5T5SYy

I've done A LOT of googling and research on the Ion Air Pro since we spoke here last including downloading and reading the User Manual. Also have looked at a lot of Youtube clips about and done with an Ion Pro.

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on ordering one and figuring out how to use it before riding season. After I get it I will see what else I have to order as accessories. This is not clear (what's in the box?) in some of the blurbs.

I hope to actually be able to upload some videos of some of the great Rhode Island blue line roads I ride on some day. Don't look for any ballsout freeway BS :) :) ;) 

Ooo!Oooh! P.S.: Is 720P good enough for Youtube or should 1080P always be used?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:44:35 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.