Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855242 times)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6570 on: June 13, 2016, 12:07:06 am
   And old ScooterBob himself in the reflection.. .. the mystery angle man !  Hahahaha ! ;)

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #6571 on: June 13, 2016, 05:38:56 am
  OW Ow owowo let me

Ahhhh...cuts the glare.  I can see now, stunning work.
That will reflect the heat back into the fuel/air mix quite nicely.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:41:24 am by Ice »
No matter where you go, there, you are.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #6572 on: June 13, 2016, 10:34:19 am
   And old ScooterBob himself in the reflection.. .. the mystery angle man !  Hahahaha ! ;)

I see he's blanked out his face in that photo... is that for his protection?  Or ours?

;)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #6573 on: June 13, 2016, 02:27:45 pm
OMG!  That should run like a monkey with his ass on fire!

I thought I was the only one who couldn't see ScooterBob. :o  Oh well, his presence should become perceptible when I twist the throttle. :)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:24:17 pm by Narada »
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #6574 on: June 13, 2016, 03:19:34 pm
 :o Beautiful!
   About that nice outdoor reflection...
   Does that mean he'll have a "green" machine?  ;)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #6575 on: June 14, 2016, 01:36:03 am
Got my complete engine gasket set from India.  Since CMW was out of stock at the time (as per website), I rolled the dice on a set from India. I am not putting a link for them on this CMW site, but they could easily be found with a google search if your so inclined.

Ordered June 6th, they arrived today - 7days for the free shipping to Seattle.  The brand name on the package was taped over but it could be read from the back as "Lucky Seven Gaskets and Oil Seals" and the package listed all the gaskets fine qualities in english on one side, and what looks like Tamil on the other.  I was a little concerned when I saw Bullet 350 listed on the package.  I double checked the ad and it just said Bullet EFI.  Doh! I could have sworn it said 500 EFI!

I took the gaskets out to my shed and compared with the old ones.  These Lucky Seven gaskets are indeed identical to the ones I removed from my 500cc EFI. They look good to me and I will be using them.   

And yes, I also got my "Holy Om" ignition key blanks!  The brass Om was made from 3 layers of brass riveted together with an RE key blank in the middle.  They are a little rough looking, and each key is very heavy, but they were lovingly hand made in India!

Although the Om key is a novelty to most of us, (and it is fun to have)  the Om itself is considered to be an aspect of God, and so is treated with much love and respect. In this way, I too will keep my RE Om key as sacred. 

I feel it is fitting since I hold my RE in deep reverence. having seen my first RE in Banaras India, I cannot help but to associate mine with the divine.

ScooterBob tells me my Hot Rod head is shipped, and should be here by Wednesday.  I could be on the road by the weekend!
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #6576 on: June 14, 2016, 03:51:51 am
Sounds like you're about to have a blast! Glad the seals are gonna work out, and am looking forward to the finish of this auspicious enterprise!  8)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6577 on: June 14, 2016, 04:20:46 am
  OW Ow owowo let me

Ahhhh...cuts the glare.  I can see now, stunning work.
That will reflect the heat back into the fuel/air mix quite nicely.

Thank you Ice.  8)   A lot of swirly sounding electric and air tools, with copious amounts aluminum dust and Turtle wax.  Hahahahaha !

I see he's blanked out his face in that photo... is that for his protection?  Or ours?

;)

His.   Don't tell nobody Matt.    "ScooterBob" is an alias.  Behind that black circle in that reflection is really Elvis !  ;)

OMG!  That should run like a monkey with his ass on fire!

Hehehehe !   It sure will .  ;)

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #6578 on: June 16, 2016, 11:06:57 pm
Fitted some Biltwell Thruster grips to the C5 today.
Shaved the ribs of the throttle tube with a Stanley knife. Then cut some nice clean holes in the grips for my bar end mirrors. Did this by holding a 7/8" bar in the lathe, push the grips on, then using the Stanley to cut neat circles out. Worked out well!
Grips fixed in the age old tried and tested manner, hair spray.
Didn't get time to do a test ride but the grips feel thicker and more cushioning.
They look so much nicer than the standard ones too!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:11:18 pm by krusty »
Krusty

2015 RE Continental GT - Black
2016 RE Classic 500 - Lagoon Blue

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #6579 on: June 16, 2016, 11:29:35 pm
firecaptp7, It's time for my meds....I though at first you have some cool over lay for the speedo in you bike. It was only after I downloaded the JPEG that the truth of the mater came to me.  ::)
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

Cdogg

• Scooter
Reply #6580 on: June 17, 2016, 11:06:59 pm
Finished putting my new muffler on????

Royal Stargazer

• I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #6581 on: June 19, 2016, 07:30:13 am
Today I picked my bike up from the shop with a new rear tube and mere hours later, was stranded with a flat front.

I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Any tips for the greenhorn? The owner's manual does a pretty good job at detailing removal and installation of the wheel itself, but doesn't have a lot to say about the tube and tire.
2020 Royal Enfield Continental GT, A racer for more than just cafes
2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, Two doors too many
2003 Royal Enfield Bullet, two-wheeled time machine

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #6582 on: June 19, 2016, 08:19:10 am

Any tips for the greenhorn? The owner's manual does a pretty good job at detailing removal and installation of the wheel itself, but doesn't have a lot to say about the tube and tire.

Check out youtube. This one's pretty close for removal etc. Ignore the bit about the rim lock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=spYCtr3yEeg

If you don't have them already, get a set of tyre removal rim protectors, and some tyre soap. The tyre soap makes tyre removal and replacement a lot easier, once you've broken the bead a light smear of tyre soap around the rim helps the tyre slip off a lot easier, and a good set of three tyre irons. When you've got the tube out check the tyre carefully in case whatever caused the flat is still there. Run your hand carefully along the inside of the tyre checking for any sharp objects that may not be visible from the outside. Good luck. :)
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6583 on: June 19, 2016, 08:47:04 am
Decent tyre levers are a must.  I tried to use the ones that came with my Electra to remove a tyre on my other bike, and they just bent and twisted, looking for all the world like Uri Geller had been at them. It seems that they are made out of mysterious "cheese-metal".

Back in the day my brothers and I would use washing up liquid when we didn't have tyre soap, but wiser heads suggested it was a bad idea - I think because there is a lot of sodium in washing up liquid, and you don't really want that on steel wheels.

Eagle56

• Bulleteer
Reply #6584 on: June 19, 2016, 09:38:52 am
Rode to the barbers broke down three times engine died middle fuse blown.
Used all the spares, found a auto factor, bought a handful of extras to get home.

Found out the horn bracket broke and the horn was hanging by the wires which were shorting on the frame.

I now need to refix the bracket all good fun ????

Found the the horn bracket b