Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855340 times)

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
Reply #5400 on: January 12, 2015, 07:39:52 pm
Took advantage of rainy and cold weather by replacing both battery cables, installing a Power Commander, bar end mirrors and ran wires to power up LED driving lights. Tomorrow list is to wire out driving lights, GPS and maybe a XM radio.

Grant
2016 Royal Enfield Continental GT
2014 Royal Enfield C5 With Cozy Euro Sidecar

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5401 on: January 13, 2015, 12:03:01 am
I didn't do anything today......  But Bedlam Werks started on my new custom seat pan today!!!!!    ;D  ;D  ;D

https://www.facebook.com/bedlam.werks

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:10:35 pm by High On Octane »
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5402 on: January 13, 2015, 01:42:59 am
well I was about to re-check the oil level on my C5 when something in a nearby finch aviary caught my attention..........one of the male finches was riding the hen!
doesn't sound exciting to some but I felt a slight hot flush and my light bulb lit with $$$$ signs and then looked down at the bike and wished my oil fill cap -had a dipstick too!!! ...lol
that way we both would have been in.

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #5403 on: January 13, 2015, 02:44:31 am
Rained all day.  Installed my new headlight visor --- Tomorrow I tackle the new chain adjustors and exile the snails.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5404 on: January 13, 2015, 03:34:40 pm
well I was about to re-check the oil level on my C5 when something in a nearby finch aviary caught my attention..........one of the male finches was riding the hen!
doesn't sound exciting to some but I felt a slight hot flush and my light bulb lit with $$$$ signs and then looked down at the bike and wished my oil fill cap -had a dipstick too!!! ...lol

What ?..... A Finch Brothel !?  :o  ;D
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5405 on: January 13, 2015, 04:07:54 pm

Well the last time your finches got busy you bought a new CGT.   :)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #5406 on: January 13, 2015, 06:17:38 pm
Weather was nice (enough) today and my wife took my son to daycare, so I fired up the bike and rode in.  Always feels good to get back on the bike after being away for a few weeks. 

I keep thinking it's time to tear down and start winter projects and it keeps getting sunny.  I managed to get a new set of bars on the SV and remove the hideous frame sliders and radiator guards.  Good functional stuff, just big and ugly, totally ruins the lines of a beautiful bike.  I'll keep it all in case I ever take the bike to the track.  Once I get some parts in I'll need to seriously take a few weeks and do everything I need so it's fully ready for anything come spring.

Scott

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #5407 on: January 14, 2015, 04:17:41 am
Well, tackled the new chain adjustors and failed miserably.  After about two hours of frustration went back to the snails for the time being.  Going to take some wheat germ and vitamins plus weight lifting to get in shape to tackle it again in the future....... I did recover enough to go for a sixty mile ride.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5408 on: January 14, 2015, 09:24:28 am
yep!...the GT....lol  well later this year and if all goes well in the breeding season for the feathered friends  I have my sights set on a restored BSA and maybe a Norton or something.
time will tell if I get the double bike deal or not but I think one bike is quite easy to get hold of breeding those birds

NorEaster

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5409 on: January 14, 2015, 10:06:02 pm
-13 F here this morning...  >:(
walked past my C5  wishing winter was over

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #5410 on: January 15, 2015, 09:26:26 am
No, please keep winter with yourselves up there ;)
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #5411 on: January 15, 2015, 09:47:07 am
I was going to spend the week riding my B5 but the wind has been in excess of 75mph, just a bit to breezy for my liking so its been cleaned and polished ready for next week...........although snow is forcast so we will see  ::)
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

NorEaster

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5412 on: January 15, 2015, 07:18:12 pm
No, please keep winter with yourselves up there ;)
Ahhh in about 6 months when we have our 1 1/2 weeks of summer and we get our heatwave of about 70F everyone else will be wishin' they were here  ;D

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #5413 on: January 15, 2015, 08:34:20 pm
Nice little ride up the Coast from Laguna Beach to Newport Beach.  About 70 degrees today.  Eat your hearts out.  Except for the Politics and Piss Ants California is a pretty nice place.  Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the damn traffic.  Well, one can't have everything.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5414 on: January 16, 2015, 05:56:56 pm
Check out the new custom seat pan!  You can't buy this off a shelf.   ;)