Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855504 times)

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #810 on: August 11, 2011, 12:05:21 am
Be careful ... they may be trying to steal an Enfield one part at a time :)

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #811 on: August 11, 2011, 07:03:00 pm
Last December a car in my neighborhood was following the UPS truck. When the truck delivered to the house next to me, a woman got out of the car and picked up the boxes. The neighbor across the street confronted the woman and got the license number. The car took off and the cops were called. Later that day they caught the thieves with an apartment full of unopened boxes. Got to watch out for each other.

Hope you get your part soon.

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #812 on: August 12, 2011, 12:48:23 am
Last December a car in my neighborhood was following the UPS truck. When the truck delivered to the house next to me, a woman got out of the car and picked up the boxes. The neighbor across the street confronted the woman and got the license number. The car took off and the cops were called. Later that day they caught the thieves with an apartment full of unopened boxes. Got to watch out for each other.

Hope you get your part soon.
Thanks.  The "investigation" hasn't yet turned up the package.

Edited at 5:15PM to say that the package just showed up on my front steps.  Dunno if it was from UPS or a neighbor who had it delivered to their place. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:14:54 am by prof_stack »
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #813 on: August 12, 2011, 01:00:16 am
Today my older brother Vic and I took my bikes on a 60-something mile ride to Redondo Beach south of Seattle and had lunch at Salty's Restaurant.  We originally wanted to go to E Washington to Winthrop but wimped out, not wanting our 60-something bodies to get worn out by the smaller bikes (the last time we did that we had Harleys).  Heh, we are starting to act like the old Taiwanese motorcycle riders in that video passed around recently! 

Brother Vic rides a Duc GT1000 which resides in Augusta, Georgia now.  So he rather liked the chance to ride a Thumper and a smaller Italian twin.  The C5 was comfortable to him and he thought it was the perfect around-town bike.  I agree.  The Guzzi is happiest above 3k rpm's and needs faster roads to be appreciated.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #814 on: August 12, 2011, 02:15:22 am
Sounds like a fun ride. :)
The only problem you might have in doing that again is to get noticed.
  I can picture half a dozen people gathering around the Enfield talking to your brother while you are standing there with your Guzzi yelling, "HEY! ... I own that bike!  I'm here with my new Guzzi!  Yo!  Hey!  Over here!"   :D :D
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #815 on: August 12, 2011, 02:32:24 am
  I can picture half a dozen people gathering around the Enfield talking to your brother while you are standing there with your Guzzi yelling, "HEY! ... I own that bike!  I'm here with my new Guzzi!  Yo!  Hey!  Over here!"   :D :D

You could solve that by making the Guzzi one of these ...

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #816 on: August 12, 2011, 04:29:39 am
Actually, I haven't had that many people fawn over either bike.  One middle-ager on the sidewalk told me he once had a Triumph that had TWO carburetors (why is that word SO hard to spell?).  But most people prefer the classic lines of the C5 over the Guzzi and also bikes with frumpy rear fenders.   :D

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #817 on: August 12, 2011, 04:45:26 am
Early this evening I did a total relax ride around the city and filled the tank (68mpg). 

Back home I put on the wet transfer RE decal on the battery cover.  It looks nicer than the photo shows.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #818 on: August 12, 2011, 05:27:28 am
I like that.  Breaks up the monotony of that panel but isn't too loud.

Scott

rbelyk

• Scooter
Reply #819 on: August 12, 2011, 05:34:51 pm
picked up an NGK iridium plug last night I had ordered, put it in before leaving for work this morning, I think Molly liked it, she behaved herself all the way to work.  ;D
2010 Maroon Bullet Classic
custom 1953 Triumph

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #820 on: August 12, 2011, 11:59:51 pm
Was headed home on the highway yesterday..doing RE 70 or so.. Suddenly, sounds like I did a high speed install of the upswept pipe. Bike gets LOUD. Putter home to find that stupid lock has sheared off on the airbox side. Now need either new lock or go with the ol Hockey tape method.  ;)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #821 on: August 13, 2011, 12:40:02 am
Sorry about the bad luck.  Dude, that's so warranty.

Scott

aikischmid

• Scooter
Reply #822 on: August 13, 2011, 12:50:04 am
What did I do to my RE today? I rode it for the first time ever! Oh man - so awesome! RAWR!!!
2011 Royal Enfield G5 Classic, British Racing Green

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #823 on: August 13, 2011, 01:08:23 am
What did I do to my RE today? I rode it for the first time ever! Oh man - so awesome! RAWR!!!

Congrats!

I was riding mine when it seemed to get some extra hp. I decided to check for sure. Yep, 7 mph gain in top speed. Isn't it great how they let you know they are broken in?

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #824 on: August 13, 2011, 05:42:12 am
So how many miles do you have on that new Thumper now?
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary