Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855304 times)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #525 on: July 05, 2011, 02:28:28 pm
I broke it again! Was giving her a nice wash, planning on going for a late afternoon ride afterword. Came around to the rear, and the turn signal came off in my hand! The plastic material that attaches around the bolt going to the box just cracked off. Thing is, I did drop the bike on that side right after I got it, so obviously it was already weak and neither I nor the dealer when I had some fixes made had noticed. But I barely grabbed it, so I guess all that's been holding it on for the last 1500 miles was hope and prayers! I'm glad it happened at home and not on the road, but I guess I'm grounded again for the time being...

I just removed mine entirely and now wave my arm like a chicken...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #526 on: July 05, 2011, 02:40:52 pm
Andy, I think that is the second time youve made me pee myself with laughter! 

:D
It was the rear mount for the gas tank had come off.  The nut was left somewhere down the highway. What a noise it makes when that thing comes off!  It was so obnoxious (yet COOL!) noise, I had to dampen it somehow for the last several miles home. I parked my immense manhood as far up the tank as I could and the downward pressure killed the noise, but it was uncomfortable (and tickled!), so I settled for riding one-handed the rest of the way home, pushing the tank down with the other.
 :D

If I keep reading you post while at work, someones gonna figure out I'm not working, not many people in the PreCharge off Repo department spontaniously burst into laughter. Of course I do have a reputation for being a little off, will probably just work that angle.  ;)

Great post! Sorry about all the issues, thanks for the great idea for the ride home! LOL  :D

rbelyk

• Scooter
Reply #527 on: July 05, 2011, 02:55:29 pm
I broke it again! Was giving her a nice wash, planning on going for a late afternoon ride afterword. Came around to the rear, and the turn signal came off in my hand! The plastic material that attaches around the bolt going to the box just cracked off. Thing is, I did drop the bike on that side right after I got it, so obviously it was already weak and neither I nor the dealer when I had some fixes made had noticed. But I barely grabbed it, so I guess all that's been holding it on for the last 1500 miles was hope and prayers! I'm glad it happened at home and not on the road, but I guess I'm grounded again for the time being...

that sucks greggers, I ordered these trafficators from Hitchcocks,

I just removed mine entirely and now wave my arm like a chicken...
;D  I started using arm signals as a matter of practice, I figure it makes me more visible, plus it makes me feel like I'm riding a real '55 bike

I parked my immense manhood as far up the tank as I could and the downward pressure killed the noise, but it was uncomfortable (and tickled!), so I settled for riding one-handed the rest of the way home, pushing the tank down with the other.
too funny Andy!  :D

2010 Maroon Bullet Classic
custom 1953 Triumph

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window

greggers

• Bulleteer
Reply #528 on: July 05, 2011, 05:49:53 pm
Thanks all for the kind words, I called Nfieldgear this morning, and was able to add some new signals to an order I had that was still on backorder. They offered to ship everything besides what was on backorder (which was just some o-rings for the oil change kit), and I opted for fast shipping, which means I'll have lots to do this coming weekend!

Although that being said, these are RE accessories, so anticipate a few "er, hmm this doesn't really fit, what to do?" posts from me over the weekend as well ;)

commonbear

• Scooter
Reply #529 on: July 05, 2011, 06:46:18 pm
Today... not much.

This last Sunday?  Beach trip!

You know... over the mountains, and through the woods, only to arrive and fight with traffic for a good parking spot. Then it’s down to a semi-crowded beach. I did get some good walking in, however, while enjoying the surf, getting my feet wet, dodging drift wood, and watching people dig in the sand and flying kites.

Pretty average.   ;)
ZenCrafters.  Total enlightenment... in about an hour!

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #530 on: July 05, 2011, 08:33:28 pm
Thanks for the morning laugh Andy, now I have to clean my morning beverage up.. I really should take a run up highway 27 next time I'm at OVC and meet you.

I'm in Georgetown on Saturday morning to do an oil change for a girfriend, and I have to run up to Hillsburgh and pop into OVC to see if my footpeg is in.  Find us an eatery!
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #531 on: July 05, 2011, 08:45:24 pm
Today... not much.

This last Sunday?  Beach trip!

You know... over the mountains, and through the woods, only to arrive and fight with traffic for a good parking spot. Then it’s down to a semi-crowded beach. I did get some good walking in, however, while enjoying the surf, getting my feet wet, dodging drift wood, and watching people dig in the sand and flying kites.

Pretty average.   ;)

Nice!

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #532 on: July 05, 2011, 09:01:29 pm
I'm in Georgetown on Saturday morning to do an oil change for a girfriend, and I have to run up to Hillsburgh and pop into OVC to see if my footpeg is in.  Find us an eatery!

arrrgh, I have to work this weekend.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #533 on: July 06, 2011, 01:46:59 pm
Dipped into the piggy bank and came up with the 54 cents I needed, walked down to the corner and picked up a new M10 nut. 

AND I DIDN'T SPARE THE BLUE THREAD-LOCKER!    ;D

bman734

• Grease Monkey
  • If it smells nasty, don't eat it
Reply #534 on: July 07, 2011, 03:19:54 pm
Did my usual break in loop around town, about 25 miles round trip at various speeds. Never gets old.
Royal Enfield C5 Military
Suzuki SP370
Honda CX650
Yamaha XS650

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #535 on: July 08, 2011, 03:04:35 am
Today I replaced the turn signal indicator bulb in the speedometer on my G5.

Like others have said, I didn't have to get into the area thru the headlight.  Just turning the handlebars and reaching up inside the nacelle from the rear and pulling out the little rubber sleeves that hold the bulbs was fairly easy.

As I had bought 2 of the heavy duty #53 base bulbs I figured while I was in the area I might as well replace the neutral indicator bulb as well.
Hopefully they will last for a while.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #536 on: July 08, 2011, 08:55:47 am
Did you replace with LEDs? They're a lot more visible in sunlight. Good for the neutral bulb too.
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #537 on: July 08, 2011, 08:24:06 pm
No.  My local auto supply store didn't have LED's in the size 53 base.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #538 on: July 08, 2011, 09:54:10 pm
Cleaned and lubed the drive chain. Repainted the master link ( makes locating it easier )
No matter where you go, there, you are.

bman734

• Grease Monkey
  • If it smells nasty, don't eat it
Reply #539 on: July 09, 2011, 02:35:44 pm
Went for a ride in the Valley. Smooth riding all the way. I'm almost ready for the 600 mile break-in service. Can't wait to go on a more sustained ride and not worry about breaking "her" in.
Royal Enfield C5 Military
Suzuki SP370
Honda CX650
Yamaha XS650