Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855256 times)

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #360 on: June 08, 2011, 06:10:46 am
Arizoni, I relocated my canister to a box in my garage. It looks much better now. ;D

Alaska Mike

• Scooter
Reply #361 on: June 08, 2011, 06:26:10 am
 I just got a show room new 2009 C5 shipped up to Alaska a few weeks ago. I love it and commute with it to work (40 miles one way) everyday. I am new to riding motorcycles and my mechanical skills are not the greatest. I conducted a lot of research on the new Bullets and loved the looks, styling, and of course, mileage.

The lot of you on these forums are a great and professional community that I have already learned so much from in the last two weeks. Today I lifted up my gas tank and slid foam between the tank and frame to get rid of that high rpm shaking sound, and also noticed that some blue wire in the bottom right side of the gas tank sometimes wiggles out, which I assume is leading to the intermittent 'low fuel' indicator at highway speeds.

Anyway, there is not a RE community up here in Alaska and of the 2 authorized dealers, the one in Fairbanks closed down and retired,a nd the one in Anchorage no longer sells the bikes but can still order parts (so can I from the Nfield site) and has an actual trained technician that has never worked on RE in Alaska yet. Due to that shop being backlogged on other equipment, I took my C5 to a Kawasaki dealer for my 300 mile oil change and the old timers there were tickeled to see such a novelty and gave me a great deal on their shop time since they were learning-while-tinkering when they changed the oil.

For a guy like me that isn't mechanically inclined, this is an amazing forum filled with a brotherhood of people that seem to genuinely care and wish the best for one another. I am happy I got this bike that is not only easy to work on, but has the best support team in the business.
Stay Safe!

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #362 on: June 08, 2011, 07:54:30 am
Welcome aboard Alaska Mike and congrats on your Bullet.

Please do stick a pin in the forums community map.

many smiles per gallon to you.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #363 on: June 08, 2011, 12:59:59 pm
Welcome to the forum!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #364 on: June 08, 2011, 01:38:13 pm
The lot of you on these forums are a great and professional community that I have already learned so much from in the last two weeks.

Except me.  The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.   :D

Welcome!
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #365 on: June 08, 2011, 03:34:34 pm
Oh Andy! Your too hard on yourself! (and the Slug)  ;D

Superchuck

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #366 on: June 08, 2011, 04:16:49 pm
For a guy like me that isn't mechanically inclined, this is an amazing forum filled with a brotherhood of people that seem to genuinely care and wish the best for one another. I am happy I got this bike that is not only easy to work on, but has the best support team in the business.

This forum is a large reason of why I got my Royal Enfield. Loved the style (obv.) and wanted to learn to tinker & troubleshoot... any other forum is filled with uneducated know-it-all's with a huge helping of 'attitude.'  Not the case on here as you see. 

Congrats and Welcome!

chuck

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #367 on: June 08, 2011, 04:28:46 pm
This forum is a large reason of why I got my Royal Enfield. Loved the style (obv.) and wanted to learn to tinker & troubleshoot... any other forum is filled with uneducated know-it-all's with a huge helping of 'attitude.'  Not the case on here as you see. 

Congrats and Welcome!

chuck
Heh, just don't stray too far from this section.  The Campfile section can have some interesting characters show up from time to time.
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #368 on: June 08, 2011, 04:33:14 pm
I'm not riding greenmachine as I'm still waiting for my gel battery from our sponsor...Will be two weeks this friday...Called them last week and they said it was backordered but due in any day now....Oh well I can jump on the yammy but not the same...
Oh Magoo you done it again

bman734

• Grease Monkey
  • If it smells nasty, don't eat it
Reply #369 on: June 09, 2011, 01:44:31 am
Thanks for the feedback on my break in. It's comforting to know that I'm doing good by my break in habits.
Royal Enfield C5 Military
Suzuki SP370
Honda CX650
Yamaha XS650

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #370 on: June 09, 2011, 04:04:16 am
Well hey,

I purchased my RE from George up in Fairbanks. Trails End BMW)

I have a sneaky suspicion he is not fully retired.

This forum will help you get your hands dirty. Tackle an easy job, then it just gets easier from there.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #371 on: June 09, 2011, 04:41:49 am
Well hey , Alaska Mike.

I purchased my RE from George up in Fairbanks. Trails End BMW)

I have a sneaky suspicion he is not fully retired.

This forum will help you get your hands dirty. Tackle an easy job, then it just gets easier from there.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Philbomoog

• Bulleteer
Reply #372 on: June 09, 2011, 11:27:59 am
Took Gromet for his annual MoT (Ministry of Transport test).
Examiner decided the headlight was aimed too high until  I pointed out that there was no adjuster. Passed. ;D

Wanted to go for a ride but its pouring with rain so I'll just have to watch the Isle of Man TT races on TV. :)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #373 on: June 09, 2011, 06:20:09 pm
Next time you can crank up the rear preload before the test.  It should raise the tail just a little and make the inspector happy.

Scott

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #374 on: June 09, 2011, 08:01:03 pm
reached 13,000 miles today  fireballed at 10,860 running good.
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer