Author Topic: New Interceptor 650 Owner from the USA  (Read 6525 times)

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 02:27:51 pm
The left model is faster. So if the bike is orange it's win-win!  8)

Speedo from the Aussie LH Drive model, note that it goes to 180 MPH:

BRG-BIRD

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: April 25, 2020, 02:54:16 pm
Welcome to the forum and congratulations! :)

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #17 on: April 25, 2020, 09:38:38 pm
removing the snorkel from the air filter will give it a throatier sound when wide open throttle. That's about all you get out of a DNA or similar. Mufflers are a personal choice. I changed for looks and sound. The seat is good for about 100 miles. If you don't ride more than that each time you're probably good with stock. I got the up and over pull back bar risers. They work well but I changed to taller wider more pulled back bars and the stock risers. A tank bag or tail bag is handy.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #18 on: April 26, 2020, 01:08:21 am
A helmet camera might be worth considering. I don't use one myself but riding buddies say that car operators seem to behave more respectfully when they think there's footage being taken of their shenanigans.

Whatever it takes to keep you safe, huh?
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: April 26, 2020, 03:08:24 am
If that's a picture of you on the left.....I don't think you have to worry about being bothered on the road....

Cookie

A helmet camera might be worth considering. I don't use one myself but riding buddies say that car operators seem to behave more respectfully when they think there's footage being taken of their shenanigans.

Whatever it takes to keep you safe, huh?

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #20 on: April 26, 2020, 03:25:58 am
I am the Great Humungus!   ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 04:08:10 am by gizzo »
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

EmmKay2018

• Bulleteer
  • Motorbike Enthusiast
Reply #21 on: April 26, 2020, 06:22:01 pm
Thank you @Roshiba777, gizzo, BRG-BIRD & olhogrider

Thank you, @Haggisman - You really got me thinking for a second :)

Thank you @Breezin - Love the orange crush, and I am starting to like other colors equally the more I look at them... I am sure folks keep different tanks and change colors as they like (if they are cheap enough).

Thank you @wildbill

"I would also do a couple of extra oil and filter changes just for good measure. that is just plain covering your as/ for a few $$ and peace of mind." - I ordered 3 oil filters and able to order Bel-Ray 10w-50 super synthetic oil from amazon (picture attached), and I am planning to change the oil every 6 to 8 months or so for good measure.

Engine protection is in my list, and so is the sump guard. Handle bar is perfect for my height and I can rest my feet firmly on the ground when I sit on it.  So far I am loving the bike, and hoping the weather to change  for better driving conditions. Still a bit cold and has been raining (typical fall spring weather).

I am used to real-time chat forums rather than posting messages - If anyone is interested or willing to have bike chat, the link is in my footer. So far, I find this community super helpful, and right amount of information and help for beginners and other bike enthusiasts.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 06:26:29 pm by EmmKay2018 »
Owns 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

jimku

• Grand Gearhead
  • Nampa, Idaho USA
Reply #22 on: April 27, 2020, 08:11:56 am
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:17:54 am by jimku »
2019 Interceptor. 
I hope my tubeless wheels make you cringe. 8) https://www.dropbox.com/s/zobmpjq2gqtvypj/RE%20TIRE%20AND%20WHEEL.JPG?dl=0
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
https://youtu.be/GG5ghP8XLW8

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead

EmmKay2018

• Bulleteer
  • Motorbike Enthusiast
Reply #24 on: April 27, 2020, 03:04:50 pm
Thank you @Jimku. I love the idea of having a compact engine guard with a mount fold-up forward pegs. I will do the same.

It is always great seeing pictures of other bikes - I was looking for the leather tool roller unit, I couldn't ind many pictures of the pouch attached to the bike until now.

Thanks for taking time to share pictures :)

Owns 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

hadujorganic

• Grease Monkey
  • Bethesda, MD, USA
Reply #25 on: April 30, 2020, 01:31:14 pm
Handsome bike!

So far I've only put on bar-end mirrors and Trip Machine leather grip wraps (which I absolutely love), fork gaiters, and removed the black plastic mud guards from the front and rear fenders. I'd like to put on smaller exhaust cans for the look, but I'm fine to keep her just the way she is now.

Enjoy your new ride!
Bethesda, MD  "Home Of Its Residents"

2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2021 SYM Fiddle III 200i
2019 Trek Checkpoint
1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: April 30, 2020, 02:37:25 pm
caution on removing the black plastic mudguards....you will "sandblast" the lower front frame...will need constant touch up paint.

Cookie

Handsome bike!

So far I've only put on bar-end mirrors and Trip Machine leather grip wraps (which I absolutely love), fork gaiters, and removed the black plastic mud guards from the front and rear fenders. I'd like to put on smaller exhaust cans for the look, but I'm fine to keep her just the way she is now.

Enjoy your new ride!

jimku

• Grand Gearhead
  • Nampa, Idaho USA
Reply #27 on: April 30, 2020, 03:02:29 pm
You got that bike up to 600 lbs. yet?
Cookie

Nope, just made it a PRACTICAL bike.
2019 Interceptor. 
I hope my tubeless wheels make you cringe. 8) https://www.dropbox.com/s/zobmpjq2gqtvypj/RE%20TIRE%20AND%20WHEEL.JPG?dl=0

hadujorganic

• Grease Monkey
  • Bethesda, MD, USA
Reply #28 on: April 30, 2020, 03:04:52 pm
caution on removing the black plastic mudguards....you will "sandblast" the lower front frame...will need constant touch up paint.

Cookie

Hmmmm. Makes sense.
When the rain stops I will go have a close look.
Thanks for the heads-up!
Bethesda, MD  "Home Of Its Residents"

2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2021 SYM Fiddle III 200i
2019 Trek Checkpoint
1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager

jimku

• Grand Gearhead
  • Nampa, Idaho USA
Reply #29 on: April 30, 2020, 03:09:11 pm
Thank you @Jimku. I love the idea of having a compact engine guard with a mount fold-up forward pegs. I will do the same.
It is always great seeing pictures of other bikes - I was looking for the leather tool roller unit, I couldn't ind many pictures of the pouch attached to the bike until now.
Thanks for taking time to share pictures :)

That's not the pouch on my bike.
I tried four or five different "tool roll" pouches, but only found ONE that would fit under the headlight without resting right up against the front fender with no room for the forks to compress.
The one on my bike is this one:
https://www.jpcycles.com/product/830-397/interstate-leathers-two-strap-tool-bag?redirectedKeyword=830-397+&totalResult=1
2019 Interceptor.