Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I‘m using the adjustment plates from Hitchcocks: http://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/40215?cont_page=Royal-Enfield-Interceptor-650-Accessories&sort=idDown&facet=Handlebars%20and%20Controls. My foot pegs have now moved about 1 inch forward and downwards which is much more comfortable for me.
I guess that they are manufactured locally, the style of their silencers is really unique .
Anyway, thanks for the help. :)
Wanted / Re: 411 Himalayan for sale
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 03:40:27 am »
Wanted / Re: Pre-Unit Models for sale
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 03:37:07 am »
5 speed military Bullet...

2007 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 - $2,499 (Fort Collins, CO)

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcd/d/loveland-2007-royal-enfield-bullet-500/7729850919.html
Other marques / Re: MV Agusta LXP Orioli
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 03:06:49 am »
Something special for R230 when that Tax Return cheque gets deposited... ;D

https://ridermagazine.com/2024/04/17/2024-mv-agusta-enduro-veloce-review-first-ride/

The LXP Orioli is a beautiful machine, but only 500 will be made and each one costs a princely $29,000. This exclusivity changed with the release of the new Enduro Veloce, basically a base version of the LXP Orioli, which joins the MV lineup as the brand’s first full-production motorcycle in the fast-growing adventure touring segment.

Other marques / Re: icebear
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 02:58:44 am »
Easy Grasshopper, you're not the intended rider. Let nature take its course. The automagic tranny removes another obstacle to acquiring a new skill. The "twist 'n go" formula works well for new riders. 3-wheels is another plus. Enjoy your new Yamaha and keep checking for that S1/S2 within budget and striking distance. Are there any Kamikaze Triple events you can get to? Maybe a cheap way to scratch that itch.   
Other marques / Re: icebear
« Last Post by him a layin on Today at 02:39:43 am »
i'd almost rather we'd gotten something more "real". this has no gear shift, has a centrifugal clutch, a parking brake, and a couple of other things that seem off to me. i don't know, maybe it will grow on me over time. i tried to talk her into an e-trike but no one local has one we could look at. i think part of the problem is that she sees how much fun i'm having riding the himalayan (which is there in the top pic, just past the trailer and riding mower.)
Bullet with the UCE engine / Fussy Transmission
« Last Post by RobinV on Today at 01:03:30 am »
 My first Royal Enfield is a 2011 UCE 500 C5. Only had it for a couple months. Really enjoy the bike. I have owned several bikes over the past 40 years. Currently have four. I have noticed that the five speed transmission is, shall I say, less than precise. If it is not revved to its' liking, it wants to miss the shift.
 The other day I shifted a little rpm low, and it went back from 4th to 3rd on its' own. Climbing mountainous roads it like a blip from the throttle to settle for 3rd to 2nd. Otherwise I catch a false neutral. As a rider experienced with British bikes, I surmise these must be RE "quirks".
 I can live with it. Fun to ride. But she is somewhat unforgiving if she doesn't have it the way she likes. Reminds me of my ex wife. Is this considered pretty normal for the UCE eng/trans? I expect so.
Bullet with the UCE engine / Re: Lumpy delivery and fuel leak
« Last Post by BulletBrian on Today at 01:02:35 am »
It is most satisfying to rip out all that hose and evap canister nonsense and chuck it all in the dumpster.  Bike runs just fine without all that mess, looks cleaner and saves weight!  Win win all around.
Bullet with the UCE engine / Re: Lumpy delivery and fuel leak
« Last Post by zimmemr on Today at 12:25:38 am »
That won't work on the enfield though as it's the metal pipe inside the tank that fractures and if you just attach a pipe to it it will leak until the fuel drops below the fracture site.

Got it, I've seen that happen on a fuel tank pick-up tube, but I've never encountered a vent pipe fracture (yet). In that case for certain you'd have to block the pipe and vent the cap. What breaks the pipe, vibration?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10