Author Topic: 2020 Himalayan engine side wiring loom connectors help  (Read 590 times)

El-Guapo

• Neophyte
Howdy from AZ. new RE Himalayan (2020 Euro IV) owner. bike has been SEVERELY abused by PO (no ignition cylinder and several creative wiring hacks- surprisingly bike starts and runs!!)

im restoring all of it to original condition - parts have been ordered.
i am stumped however when trying to decode the various versions of service manuals available online.
i have reviewed most if not all of them and am trying to decipher what connectors go where on the wiring loom sticking out from the sprocket area on the motor. there are 7 wires and their coloration is as follows :
1.black + white
2.orange
3.brown
4.white + green
5.yellow + red
6.orange + red
7.red + blue

i believe these in aggregate carry the gear position sensor, eng temp, side stand, and magneto signals, but cant match the colors to the  above mentioned manuals. for reference , the bikes wiring harness is part number: 1017024/g

any help will be greatly appreciated!

thanks in avance folks.

zefnerd

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 10:48:18 am
 My 2019 wiring diagram lists a couple of the colors, but you will actually need to trace the circuits to verify. Sorry you have the job ahead of you.

1.black + white -- Left turn signals
2.orange -- Battery positive from EFI ECU relay to Exhaust Air injection and the ECU
3.brown -- EFI ECU relay to kill/start switch, diagnostic port
4.white + green -- Right turn signals
5.yellow + red -- ?
6.orange + red -- ?
7.red + blue -- I don't see blue, is it violet?

Perhaps see what is missing connector wise and work from there? I hope this is helpful.