Author Topic: Royal Enfield 350 Crusader - $2,000 (Washington Park, Colorado)  (Read 644 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
H's carry spares for these, lighter than the UCE or even the new Meteor. The 350 is a bit harder to come by than the 250.

https://denver.craigslist.org/mpo/d/denver-royal-enfield-single/7495537293.html
This mid 1960s Royal Enfield is not a Bullet. Its a unit construction engine that I believe is a 350cc. It does not have a title and is not running but the engine rolls through. Parts bike or return it to the street.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
These briefly appeared in the UK where they were sold as the Bullet, but not for very long. 1963 or thereabouts? Same forks as the Villiers-powered Turbo Twin, separate headlamp shell/bucket though In suspect it would originally have had a longer MCH56 to incorporate the speedometer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325114935636?hash=item4bb25c3954:g:26IAAOSwcRRiOzwp

Bullet Whisperer used the con-rod from one of these in one of his 350 racers.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

royaloilfield

• Scooter
These where called the "New Bullet" you can tell by counting the fins on the Barrel.  They also had a beefier trans.  They are pretty rare.  I have one and it's alot more fun to ride then the 250gt!  There is an email group for these machines if anyone else has one.  That is a cool tank panel/badge! never seen that before.  custom?   
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 03:40:13 pm by royaloilfield »

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Thanks for giving us the "heads up!" That's not an entirely discouraging looking project for someone handy.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.