Author Topic: SPL. 2010 EFI BULLET G5 DELUXE, FOR SALE, $4500.  (Read 8394 times)

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 02:57:00 am
Hi Matt, Yes it does have reverse, But I only use it when absolutely necessary. Ural has plenty of grab loops, disguised as decorative chrome, & not hard to pull or shove at all. (impossible to drop)  I like the Ural well enough - to be on my 3rd Russian rig.  This one has electric start.  Going to put the RE G-5 "D" on Ebay soon.

Best Wishes

HI ALL, It was on Ebay 2 weeks @ $4500.  I got 2 offers closer to $3K. My second week I lowered it to $4350. & sold it YESTERDAY. I took pix to keep for the memories.
Because I lowered the price - I'm selling my Unobtainium Finned Aluminum Tappet Cover separately for $250.  Add is near top of page.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 11:51:59 am
Glad to hear you moved it, and for decent $$$, too.Enjoy your Ural, now!  ;D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #17 on: July 03, 2019, 03:52:41 pm
HI ALL, It was on Ebay 2 weeks @ $4500.  I got 2 offers closer to $3K. My second week I lowered it to $4350. & sold it YESTERDAY. I took pix to keep for the memories.

Hey Craig,

Just curious how the sale went. Was the sale finalized sight unseen? Was the person familiar with Royal Enfields?

I hate selling motorcycles. Idiots seem to come out of the woodwork who tell me their mother will be with them and when I tell them "No way are you going for a "test ride" " I finally get them to hang up. I can tell in two questions if I'm dealing with a bullshit artist.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 03:55:25 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: July 06, 2019, 03:36:15 pm
          Hey Craig,

Just curious how the sale went. Was the sale finalized sight unseen? Was the person familiar with Royal Enfields?

I hate selling motorcycles. Idiots seem to come out of the woodwork who tell me their mother will be with them and when I tell them "No way are you going for a "test ride" " I finally get them to hang up. I can tell in two questions if I'm dealing with a bullshit artist.

Hi, The buyer turned out to be an aircraft mechanic who had extensive motorcycle experience, & had owned British bikes previously. My pictures were descriptive enough, that he came in the front door & gave me the cash - before even going to the garage. He absolutely loved it, & I could sense his joy in it, & see his rapt expression as he listened to it run. After we put the box of spares in his ladies car - he departed for the 2 hour ride home. I'm anxious to hear how that went - & if he's enjoying it. I should be hearing back.  I think the bike found a great home, he owns several other bikes & all live indoors. I think due to the condition of the bike & price - it would naturally go to
an appreciative, informed buyer.  Very enjoyable transaction - except for the loss of a highly valued part of my existence - riding 2 wheels.
But nice to see it appreciated.

Tanks for asking, Craig

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: July 06, 2019, 03:55:42 pm
Hi, The buyer turned out to be an aircraft mechanic who had extensive motorcycle experience, & had owned British bikes previously. My pictures were descriptive enough, that he came in the front door & gave me the cash - before even going to the garage. He absolutely loved it, & I could sense his joy in it, & see his rapt expression as he listened to it run. After we put the box of spares in his ladies car - he departed for the 2 hour ride home. I'm anxious to hear how that went - & if he's enjoying it. I should be hearing back.  I think the bike found a great home, he owns several other bikes & all live indoors. I think due to the condition of the bike & price - it would naturally go to
an appreciative, informed buyer.  Very enjoyable transaction - except for the loss of a highly valued part of my existence - riding 2 wheels.
But nice to see it appreciated.

Tanks for asking, Craig

Thanks, Craig. I can only pray that I luck out as you did. That's exactly my problem.

I will NOT! sell my '08 to someone who has no experience in the marque (or at least in its close relatives) or in motorcycles and "Gets It" by MY definition. And you can tell this Right Away usually in the first few sentences.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: July 07, 2019, 02:24:50 am
I think the best part about selling one bike is buying another....well that's what I think...lol

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: July 07, 2019, 12:07:57 pm
Hi, The buyer turned out to be an aircraft mechanic who had extensive motorcycle experience, & had owned British bikes previously. My pictures were descriptive enough, that he came in the front door & gave me the cash - before even going to the garage......he departed for the 2 hour ride home.

How did he handle the subject of registration/license plate and insurance?

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #22 on: July 07, 2019, 07:39:10 pm
I don't know how he handled it but in Arizona, in a private sale, it's up to the buyer to take care of the registration, license  plates and insurance.  Speaking of the license plate, in Arizona, the seller gets to keep that and it is up to the buyer to have a "temporary plate" to put on the vehicle to get it home.

I can say there is something that the seller must be sure to do.
On his registration slip, he needs to write the name and address of the buyer on the back and then mail it to the Arizona Department of Motor Vehicle's to let them know the vehicle was sold.

I knew a guy who didn't think about this so he gave the registration paper to the buyer.

The buyer didn't bother register the vehicle to get a title.  Instead, he parked the car anywhere he wanted to for as long as he wanted.  That resulted in dozens of unpaid parking tickets, all in the sellers name.  He had a hell of a time trying to convince the DMV and the courts that he didn't own it any longer and it ended up costing him a lot of money.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: July 08, 2019, 12:27:11 pm
I don't know how he handled it but in Arizona, in a private sale, it's up to the buyer to take care of the registration, license  plates and insurance.  Speaking of the license plate, in Arizona, the seller gets to keep that and it is up to the buyer to have a "temporary plate" to put on the vehicle to get it home.

I can say there is something that the seller must be sure to do.
On his registration slip, he needs to write the name and address of the buyer on the back and then mail it to the Arizona Department of Motor Vehicle's to let them know the vehicle was sold.

I knew a guy who didn't think about this so he gave the registration paper to the buyer.

The buyer didn't bother register the vehicle to get a title.  Instead, he parked the car anywhere he wanted to for as long as he wanted.  That resulted in dozens of unpaid parking tickets, all in the sellers name.  He had a hell of a time trying to convince the DMV and the courts that he didn't own it any longer and it ended up costing him a lot of money.

Some of the ridiculous clusterfucks people make out of vehicle sales and purchases nowadays is beyond belief. It's like people just get stupider and stupider instead of smarter.

And the DMVs of most states get worse and worse also. Rhode Island doesn't even know if cars are stolen or not and the most popular way to get out from under a car payment or a repo is to burn the car and report it stolen.

RI is also a two-plate state which means there are hundreds of cars running the roads with the front plate of a registered car on the rear of an unregistered, uninsured car and it's never discovered until there's an "event".

As far as registering goes, you cannot register a motorcycle in RI without showing the DMV the last valid registration that the bike was legal under. I had to wait a year and a half once to register a bike that I bought from a guy who was in Afghanistan. Only he had access to the registration. 

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 05:57:55 pm
       How did he handle the subject of registration/license plate and insurance?

Smooth sale, He already Had bought insurance when he came to ride the bike home. I let him leave my plate on it for the 2 hour ride - He promised he would mail it back to me, & I believe him. When I cancelled my insurance on it THEY notify the state - & the plate is then cancelled & defunct anyway.

When You sell something you can't worry about what happens to it.  I think I was right in asking nearly what a NOS 2014 G5 deluxe was selling for - because mine was pretty as new, & had a number of improvements, the NOS one didn't. Usually if someone will pay a top price for an item - it's because they want it bad enough to take care of it.  But who knows what happens when its gone - its not yours anymore.

mike_bike_kite

• Bulleteer
Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 08:23:18 pm
I can tell in two questions if I'm dealing with a bullshit artist.
And the 2 questions are?

After we put the box of spares in his ladies car
I try never to judge guys by the cars they drive. Was it a Miata?
2018 C5 Pegasus + NC750X + Vespa GT + Vespa GTS

microbc

• Scooter
  • Should have got a RE years ago!
Reply #26 on: July 09, 2019, 09:25:14 pm
I try never to judge guys by the cars they drive. Was it a Miata?

I suspect he wasn't saying that the buyer drove a "ladies" car, instead I believe he was referring to putting the box in the car of the lady who dropped him off to pick up the bike!
2013 Classic C5

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: July 10, 2019, 12:37:44 pm
And the 2 questions are?

They are not two specifically defined questions and sometimes it wouldn't even require questions. The BUYER's first question might kill the sale  :o :o

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: July 10, 2019, 02:19:54 pm
when I sell a bike I hand the disposal of sale into our rta or do it on line and after that I couldn't care less if they throw the bike down a well...lol
but I do make sure I deal in cash and cash only or the bike/car/camera /watch or any other crap doesn't leave the premises!
especially those birds...lol

Frogman8

• Scooter
Reply #29 on: July 13, 2019, 06:08:48 am

I know how it feels to sell a RE. Like parting with the runt of the litter that captured your heart. Its not a strong as the rest, and that's why you love it more.

Even though I sold my 2008 Iron Barrel for more than I paid for it, I gave the buyer a 3 day return period.
He was a newbie to motorcycles but had researched the marquee extensively and was a keen learner.
I delivered it to him locally and had to even teach him how to kick start it. Sprag clutch broke ages back.

I missed that bike so much, I almost invoked the return myself.

My C5 is definitely more reliable and needs less maintenance, but I do miss the longer wheelbase and larger rear wheel of the Iron Barrel.
And the C5 idles too fast for my liking. I'm in the market for a Carb conversion.

I'm sure your's will be well looked after. Sounds like a great buyer.

PS. Anyone in NJ? We should do a RE only ride. Create some noise and awareness about these bikes. Lemme know.

Cheers

2011 G5: The 'new' 'Toofan' Mail. Thunderous name.. pedestrian pace
2008 Iron Barrel: Sold in a moment of madness
2001 Triumph Legend 900
2013 Kawasaki KLX 250, will ride someday
1991 Honda Nighthawk: Sold...Incredibly boring
1982 Honda Magna V45: Hmm
1988 Jawa/ Yezdi 350 twin: Many miles, more stor