Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Michelin Road Classic tires
« Last Post by deadbat on Today at 09:55:55 pm »
It turns out that motorcycle garages near where I am charge £70 on average to change the tyres, so it makes even more sense to use my RE dealer and get Avons.
Are you planning to use it off road or are you after a scrambler look?
Campfire Talk / Re: Turbo roundabout
« Last Post by deadbat on Today at 09:46:24 pm »
This is bonkers, this is one of the best examples on how to butcher a very simple concept. How can you design a roundabout which won't allow you to go all the way round in case you miss your exit? And lastly... how much?
Bullet with the UCE engine / Re: B5 Burning oil like no tomorrow.
« Last Post by Haggis on Today at 09:39:58 pm »
Some of the pcv maps appear quite rich. I wonder if you've been suffering from bore wash for a while?
Excess fuel washes the oil away from the cylinder walls and you end up with premature ring  and bore wear.
If it's no better, pull the head and barrel off and take a look.
Bullet with the UCE engine / Re: B5 Burning oil like no tomorrow.
« Last Post by nz_bullet on Today at 09:27:33 pm »
Thanks Guys for all the input.
Just got the bike back from the RE Agents who did quite a few things they deemed necessary (new chain, replaced air filter) and also found the Power Commander was causing issues which couldn't be tuned out on the dynotune. Disconnected that and advised the bike now runs sweetly on the factory ECU. But found nothing that relates to oil consumption - "take it for a ride and see how it goes"...

As it had been running very rich, both with the Power commander settings and the very dirty air filter, the exhaust was quite sooty but not oily per se.
I'll now take a decent ride ánd see if it still drinks oil though can't see why it still wouldn't. If so then I'll need to get the head taken off and look further.
cheers

350 J Platform / Re: 350 Classic Reborn Adapted Rev Counter
« Last Post by paulmh on Today at 08:45:48 pm »
RC3 with tripper connector

Apologies for the probably daft question - does the Classic have a tripper connector on the loom?
Campfire Talk / Re: seen on the way to the uwharrie natl forest
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 08:37:22 pm »
Wow! Looks very "Life of Pi"-ish. He's probably way ahead of the curve from most Floridians.
Other marques / Re: BSR/xpro/vitacci Raven 250 dual-sport
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 08:33:46 pm »
Got MY new ride yesterday, a Kubota 900cc Diesel BX22 backhoe/Loader, circa 2002ish. Watch out world... ;D

Note: watch for dry rot in 22 year old tyres.... :o ;D
Triumph street scrambler do rat trap style foot pegs

Not sure if they fit the interceptor.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10