Author Topic: Putting a scram wheel on a himalayan  (Read 1292 times)

adsy1944

• Scooter
on: February 07, 2023, 10:42:06 am
I know, why not just buy a scram?

I love the dashboard on the himalayan, and I want the storage and centre stand that comes with it too. BUT I'm not that worried about going off road so I'm thinking the 19 inch wheel would be better for road use.

So my question is,  has anyone changed the front wheel to 19 inches and how difficult is it? Would adjusting the speedo just be a case of replacing the sensor?

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 02:40:30 pm
There are 3.00 x 21 street tires like the AM6 Speedmaster MKII. Slide the fork legs up an inch or so in the triple trees and you are there. Smoother street ride, a bit better traction, slightly reduced rake for quicker street steering. Or get spokes, a rim, tube & tire & lace it up. A 3.00 x 21 Speedmaster or similar will be fine. The Himalayan will never be a quondam street racer, too tall, it has a wide ratio gearbox and it's a bit short on ponies. But being skinny it'll be a ton of fun in the twisties. Tires are cheap and you haven't made tough-to-reverse changes in a nice DP bike.

https://www.denniskirk.com/avon/am6-speedmaster-mkii-tire.pfp641000.prdf?fs=641002
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.