Author Topic: Bullet 350 tuning question  (Read 5443 times)

TonyVanda

• Bulleteer
Reply #45 on: March 21, 2023, 08:08:49 am
Actually, watching Stinkwheel's video on changing his engine sprocket makes it look easy. I'll tackle it later though.
Aarrrgh, an oil drip!

stinkwheel

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #46 on: March 21, 2023, 03:28:59 pm
From where I left it, three more nuts and you have the primary drivecase off. One more nut and you have the gearbox sprocket off. Usually a bit of gasket scraping to do behind the inner chaincase and possibly replacing the oil seal where the gearbox shafts come through (another three bolts).

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #47 on: March 21, 2023, 03:34:07 pm
There's also a spacer behind the final drive sprocket that's necessary for proper gearbox operation. I found my drive sprocket nut a bit loose and this spacer chewed up, that was causing the gears to index improperly as the main shaft wasn't indexing correctly. If this spacer's not "clean", toss it and fit another. H's has all these bits.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

TonyVanda

• Bulleteer
Reply #48 on: March 21, 2023, 08:27:26 pm
Thanks for the tips. If I get any more hold ups with the TB, I'll give it a go. I had in my mind that getting the clutch off was a bigger job than what it is. Thanks again.
Aarrrgh, an oil drip!