Author Topic: Squadron Blue Check In  (Read 2885 times)

Navi

• Scooter
on: August 04, 2021, 08:01:40 pm
I wanted to start a thread to find some fellow Squadron Blue C5 owners. Drop your favorite picture of your SB C5 as well as the year and your location!

2017 Squadron Blue C5 from California, USA

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 09:04:59 pm
Welcome to the forum, Navi!  Nope, no Squadron Blue here, I run a 2015 Rumbler 500 through the northern Andes.  That's a nice looking bike!
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 12:39:48 am
Nice looking bike!

If a guy was really badly color blind, he might think that my 2012 C5 Desert Storm was the same as your machine.

I like the militaries for the same reason the military did.  Not because chrome gets you shot at, but because if a painted surface gets scarred or rusty, you can fix it with a paintbrush.

Navi

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 06:58:55 am
Welcome to the forum, Navi!  Nope, no Squadron Blue here, I run a 2015 Rumbler 500 through the northern Andes.  That's a nice looking bike!

Those Rumbler's are real sleek. They remind me of the new Meteor bikes.

Navi

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 07:00:37 am
Nice looking bike!

If a guy was really badly color blind, he might think that my 2012 C5 Desert Storm was the same as your machine.

I like the militaries for the same reason the military did.  Not because chrome gets you shot at, but because if a painted surface gets scarred or rusty, you can fix it with a paintbrush.

Haha, would have to be really color blind for that. Love the Desert Storm, the color fits the style of the bike perfectly.
Yeah, i'm a big fan of the matte style paints on the classics, it really completes the old school military style bike look!

Keef Sparrow

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 01:12:31 pm
Haha, would have to be really color blind for that. Love the Desert Storm, the color fits the style of the bike perfectly.
Yeah, i'm a big fan of the matte style paints on the classics, it really completes the old school military style bike look!
Ideally it would have no chrome at all like any genuine military machine. I had my heart set on a Squadron Blue Classic, but by the time I could finance one the supply in the UK had dried up so I got a Trials instead.
Past: CB125-T2, T500, GT500, Speed Triple, 955i Daytona. Now: Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 500

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 04:56:02 pm
I noticed that your machine has the same, or very similar, short bottle silencer that mine came with.  I was told that this was not the factory equipped part, but I bought my bike used.  Can you comment on what that silencer is and where it came from?

Mine rusted pretty badly, so in keeping with the paintbrush theme, last season I gave it a light sanding and coated it with some manifold paint.

Navi

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 07:27:25 pm
Ideally it would have no chrome at all like any genuine military machine. I had my heart set on a Squadron Blue Classic, but by the time I could finance one the supply in the UK had dried up so I got a Trials instead.

When I was originally looking at getting one a couple years back, I had my heart set on the stealth black due to it not having any chrome at all. BTW love the trials!

Navi

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 07:29:14 pm
I noticed that your machine has the same, or very similar, short bottle silencer that mine came with.  I was told that this was not the factory equipped part, but I bought my bike used.  Can you comment on what that silencer is and where it came from?

Mine rusted pretty badly, so in keeping with the paintbrush theme, last season I gave it a light sanding and coated it with some manifold paint.

The previous owner I purchased it from ordered it on Ebay. It's a full straight pipe (can see straight through the exhaust). I'm pretty sure he mentioned that it had shipped from India. Yeah the oxidization on it is pretty rough. It's coloring a lot faster than my header is.

Keef Sparrow

• Grease Monkey
Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 01:23:23 pm
When I was originally looking at getting one a couple years back, I had my heart set on the stealth black due to it not having any chrome at all. BTW love the trials!
The Trials Bullet is great fun, but I would prefer less chrome to polish! The Stealth looks good, but I have a feeling the finish won't hold up too well long term and would require to lot of maintenance to good it looking good.  ???
Past: CB125-T2, T500, GT500, Speed Triple, 955i Daytona. Now: Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 500

MannP

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 09:21:34 am
Love the SB colour, i was after one but second hand they were so rare. I got a chrome black in the end.

Snotball

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: August 19, 2021, 03:17:19 am
Here’s mine from Australia

Navi

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 12:24:17 am
Here’s mine from Australia

Love to see it! Seems evident that you keep it very clean and maintain it very well.

rev_enfield

• Scooter
Reply #13 on: September 01, 2021, 08:56:50 am
Here's mine from the south of England.

Tommy_C

• Scooter
Reply #14 on: September 02, 2021, 05:09:40 am
I love that blue! I have the battle green, representing in NY..