Author Topic: Workshop manuals now available online, including the 650 Twins  (Read 36742 times)

Breezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ireland; 2019 Interceptor
Reply #60 on: April 11, 2023, 04:59:53 pm
I have a version that is navigable and on which I can select text. Filename is 'Service Manual - P model.pdf'. It's 875.1Mb uncompressed.

Unfortunately, I don't remember which link I used to download it, but I do remember Voun helping me to locate it.

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #61 on: April 11, 2023, 05:30:28 pm
I have a version that is navigable and on which I can select text. Filename is 'Service Manual - P model.pdf'. It's 875.1Mb uncompressed.

Unfortunately, I don't remember which link I used to download it, but I do remember Voun helping me to locate it.
That filename is the first link in this thread. Unfortunately it is a broken link.
 Any chance you could send me that file to me, or repost it?
2022 Rocker Red Continental GT650

Breezin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #62 on: April 11, 2023, 09:05:36 pm
No problem. I'll Dropbox it tomorrow.

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #63 on: April 11, 2023, 11:06:51 pm
Thank you!

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #64 on: April 12, 2023, 10:04:47 pm
File provided by Breezin works. I can search by text and get to all pages. Index still does not work but thats minor.
 Thank you Breezin.

Breezin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #65 on: April 13, 2023, 01:25:03 pm
You're welcome!

Maaara

• Scooter
Reply #66 on: April 22, 2023, 10:18:04 pm

May I ask for the link as well? Thanks.

BRX39.5

• Scooter
Reply #67 on: April 25, 2023, 12:31:38 am
Prompted by this thread I checked the copy I had downloaded into acrobat a while ago, only to find it was showing as corrupted and wouldn’t open.
So I have downloaded the copy from INTYBE in post#40(thanks!) and saved in “files” and “books” on IOS and can open the manual again, it’s just a bit awkward to navigate.
Acrobat still doesn’t open the fresh download. >:(

Voun

• Camembert électrique
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2021 Interceptor
Reply #68 on: April 27, 2023, 06:21:21 pm
Yes, Acrobat is a bit messy, at least for me, so I use Sumatra PDF and I can easily navigate on the left side of the page

Intybe

• Grand Gearhead
Prompted by this thread I checked the copy I had downloaded into acrobat a while ago, only to find it was showing as corrupted and wouldn’t open.
So I have downloaded the copy from INTYBE in post#40(thanks!) and saved in “files” and “books” on IOS and can open the manual again, it’s just a bit awkward to navigate.
Acrobat still doesn’t open the fresh download. >:(

I see that you and Jess and perhaps others have had some difficulties downloading and/or using the Euro 4 manual I shared via dropbox.

I ran a test the other night using the link I shared in Post #40 and the manual downloaded to my desktop in 4-5 min. I did this without logging into the dropbox account where the file is saved and my internet speed is 12Mbs, so quite slow.

When I double click the file on my desktop, it takes less than 4 sec to open. It opens automatically in Adobe Acrobat Pro (64), which I obviously have installed.

And navigating to and opening a page in any chapter, section, or subsection, anywhere in the manual, using the bookmarks function, takes a split section. The bookmarks function is the quickest way to navigate the manual.

My computer is a 7 year old, mid spec PC, running Windows 10.

Ps, I'm not sure what "indexing" does. Initially, I thought it would speed up the search function but it doesn't appear to do that as it's still slow to search key words. Use the bookmarks function and hopefully you'll be satisfied.

Here is the link, again, to the Euro 4 manual:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s53r3gop8ov3qjn/1.%20Service%20Manual%20-%20bookmarked%20and%20indexed%2021.2.22.pdf?dl=0

« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 11:52:10 am by Intybe »

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
I see that you and Jess and perhaps others have had some difficulties downloading and/or using the Euro 4 manual I shared via dropbox.

I ran a test the other night using the link I shared in Post #40 and the manual downloaded to my desktop in 4-5 min. I did this without logging into the dropbox account where the file is saved and my internet speed is 12Mbs, so quite slow.

When I double click the file on my desktop, it takes less than 4 sec to open. It opens automatically in Adobe Acrobat Pro (64), which I obviously have installed.

And navigating to and opening a page in any chapter, section, or subsection, anywhere in the manual, using the bookmarks function, takes a split section. The bookmarks function is the quickest way to navigate the manual.

My computer is a 7 year old, mid spec PC, running Windows 10.

Ps, I'm not sure what "indexing" does. Initially, I thought it would speed up the search function but it doesn't appear to do that as it's still slow to search key words. Use the bookmarks function and hopefully you'll be satisfied.

Here is the link, again, to the Euro 4 manual:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s53r3gop8ov3qjn/1.%20Service%20Manual%20-%20bookmarked%20and%20indexed%2021.2.22.pdf?dl=0
I used this link to download the manual again. Took app 3 minutes on SpaceX  @ 189mbps
Opens quickly, but scrolling it gets to around page 60ish and it resets back to page one. Multiple attempts to get to higher page numbers gives same results, sometimes it gets further, I think I got to page 112 by scrolling excruciatingly slow, but it eventually resets back to page one.
No joy.

I’m pretty much just using the Service Training Manual as it seems to be the better manual.

Thanks for trying.

Intybe

• Grand Gearhead
Hi Jess,

Scrolling through the manual to whatever page on my PC is effortless, maybe fractionally slower than using the bookmarks, which is super fast and which I prefer because I can go straight to the sub/section I'm after. If the issue you're having is not due to your PC being slow (which I doubt), it's likely the adobe version you're using. I'm using the latest Adobe Acrobat Pro (64 bit)

Cheers