Author Topic: Continental seat on Interceptor  (Read 8945 times)

Greytop

• Grease Monkey
  • UK 2019 Interceptor
Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 12:20:27 pm
I like the look too, nice to have the option.
Previous bikes: FS1E, TS185, KH250, RD250D, CB400N, RD350LC, GSF600 Bandit, CB900F, FZR1000.

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Adelaide, South Aust- Conti GT 650 2019
Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 12:51:33 pm
I got the seat in a set with cover, so just for testing I mounted the cover as well. Looks a bit weird on the first view, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. Still can't decide what looks better on the Interceptor, with or without. Photo without is some posts above.
What do you think ?

Mike
Man,I’ve been jonesing for that cowl and procrastinating about it. That pic’s clinched it for me!
Black on my GT.
Needs some decals or something though to delineate it from the seat ( in black) it’s very distinctive in white. Fills that open section nicely. I’m sold.
Steve
I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 12:57:26 pm
I got the seat in a set with cover, so just for testing I mounted the cover as well. Looks a bit weird on the first view, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. Still can't decide what looks better on the Interceptor, with or without. Photo without is some posts above.
What do you think ?

Mike
Nicer.No doubts for me👍
Steve

Hoiho

• Dead horse beater
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #18 on: August 01, 2020, 01:29:56 pm
Starting to look a bit like a police bike. On the plus side; it may reduce your chances of being run over.

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: August 01, 2020, 01:36:03 pm
Starting to look a bit like a police bike. On the plus side; it may reduce your chances of being run over.
Not in black, on both counts. I’ve just gone from a white to black helmet, as well! Might have to start wearing a hi-vis over my leathers!😂
Steve

MikeAlpha

• Grease Monkey
  • Germany, 2020 Interceptor 650, 2022 Guzzi V7 Sp.
Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 04:14:30 pm
Now, that's a clear vote, thanks a lot for the feedback :)

BTW, love their attention to small details. Not just an ordinary screw to mount it
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Baker Express - 2020
Moto Guzzi V7 Special - 2022

Black Forest, Germany

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2020 INT650 "Orange Crush"
Reply #21 on: August 06, 2020, 03:16:20 pm
I have the continental seat on my Interceptor.

It fits no problem.

I find it a lot more comfortable, I can do longer sessions on it than the standard seat.

I think it looks a lot better than the standard seat as well.

Pulled the trigger and ordered the GT touring seat from Hitchcocks yesterday, they got it wrapped up and ready to go today. Shipping to the US isn't too bad from the UK, so I'm looking at probably a week and a half. I can't wait! Went for a two-hour ride yesterday and had to stop after 45 minutes to get some blood back in the glutes and un-numb my thighs. Hope this touring seat lives up the hype  :P
“It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.”

- President George Washington

anglojaxon

• Bulleteer
  • AngloJaxon
Reply #22 on: August 06, 2020, 04:14:40 pm
I've been wondering what that white cowl would look like on a baker express. I think it looks good, better than I imagined TBH. Definitely more of a cafe look. I'm curious how a black cowl would look too. Thanks for the pic!

I'm curious why the cowl costs as much or more than the seat. If I got one I'd do a vinyl cover in chrome to match the Glitter and Dust tank. I have no idea if the cowl is plastic or metal.
2019 Interceptor 650
2017 R1200 GS

MikeAlpha

• Grease Monkey
  • Germany, 2020 Interceptor 650, 2022 Guzzi V7 Sp.
Reply #23 on: August 06, 2020, 05:35:48 pm
I'm curious why the cowl costs as much or more than the seat. If I got one I'd do a vinyl cover in chrome to match the Glitter and Dust tank. I have no idea if the cowl is plastic or metal.

The cowl is plastic. The seat costs 160 Euro here in Germany, the cowl 80 Euro. So it's just the half.
Also you can get both in a set for 230$ incl. worldwide shipping via Ebay.

Mike
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Baker Express - 2020
Moto Guzzi V7 Special - 2022

Black Forest, Germany

mwmosser

• Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #24 on: August 06, 2020, 06:01:31 pm
Pulled the trigger and ordered the GT touring seat from Hitchcocks yesterday, they got it wrapped up and ready to go today. Shipping to the US isn't too bad from the UK, so I'm looking at probably a week and a half. I can't wait! Went for a two-hour ride yesterday and had to stop after 45 minutes to get some blood back in the glutes and un-numb my thighs. Hope this touring seat lives up the hype  :P

I have on my wish list but so far find it unnecessary as my longest ride has been two hours with no numbness in glutei or thighs. Much more concerned about my carpal tunnel in the wrists, which is why I'm riding an INT and not a Continental. Might have to go with bar risers eventually but I like where they are now, tingling wrists aside.
2019 Interceptor 650 Mark Three

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: August 06, 2020, 06:13:14 pm
I have on my wish list but so far find it unnecessary as my longest ride has been two hours with no numbness in glutei or thighs. Much more concerned about my carpal tunnel in the wrists, which is why I'm riding an INT and not a Continental. Might have to go with bar risers eventually but I like where they are now, tingling wrists aside.

I hear ya. I had a spinal fusion a few years ago and have a bad shoulder, both due to a service-related injuries. I bought the INT to help keep me upright while still enjoying the new classic styling and feel of a British twin. But, I have no regrets, I love just about everything about the bike (foot rest position and stock seat aside). That said, I think I'll be getting bar risers here shortly... I'd like to try them out.
“It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.”

mwmosser

• Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #26 on: August 06, 2020, 06:19:00 pm
I hear ya. I had a spinal fusion a few years ago and have a bad shoulder, both due to a service-related injuries. I bought the INT to help keep me upright while still enjoying the new classic styling and feel of a British twin. But, I have no regrets, I love just about everything about the bike (foot rest position and stock seat aside). That said, I think I'll be getting bar risers here shortly... I'd like to try them out.
Lots of people here have the risers, and they seem to like them a lot. I expect they're in my future. But ok for now. 

I agree with you aesthetics as a big reason for getting this bike, and then finding out (or confirming, in my case after reading dozens of impressions and reviews) that the actual bike meets/exceeds expectations. Win/win. Always compromises but I have been more than pleased with what I got for what I paid.

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: August 11, 2020, 05:59:51 am
So, my GT touring seat came today! Less than a week from the U.K. via DHL... not bad at all. Anyway, I installed the seat, hopped on, and took a two hour ride.

First, there is definitely a noticeable difference...just how big a difference, it’s hard to say. I basically doubled the time I could ride without needing to stop and give my butt a break. So, kudos there.

However, it seems like the seat sort of forces me to sit more aggressive. It’s hard to explain, but I felt more weight on my arms and hands and my posture wanted to lean forward more than usual. Not sure what is going on, but maybe it’s the build of the seat and the fact that it’s made for the GT. I’m going to keep the seat and get bar risers, that should get me right where I need to be.

Anyway, it’s a journey, right?

Adios.

mwmosser

• Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #28 on: August 11, 2020, 02:29:10 pm
Thanks for the update. As is with my stock seat and stock bars, I get tingling in my wrists. Big reason I didn't go with the GT. If I were to get the GT touring seat and it canted me forward more, I'd be in your position for sure. So probably would do bar risers as well. Looking forward to hearing about how it works out with them installed.

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: August 12, 2020, 11:42:50 am
I’m only 5’6, but none of the postural complaints ring true to me. Sure, theGT looks all Café, but it’s a very forgiving possie. And none of the gear change issues others have spoken of. I get absolutely no wrist or back stress, it’s such a comfortable ride . I suspect that if others had perservered for more than 10 minutes, they would also have found it so. And the position feels ‘poised’ if that means anything to anyone .
Pretty close to perfect for me. I’ve ridden clip-on setups for most of my bike life, and I would guess this is pretty close to a Ducati Monster posture.Give or take.
Steve
PS bit the bullet last night and ordered the cowl. Now gotta figure out some trim for it!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 11:46:20 am by Starpeve »