Author Topic: Bike in the shop  (Read 8244 times)

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #45 on: July 11, 2020, 09:50:10 pm
Well being positive really sucks.
I asked them who worked on my bike when I arrived at the speakership and they told me our service manager, "he is an expert".
WTH. Got the bike back, drove 100 yards, never made it out of the parking lot and the Engine Malfunction Indicator light came back on.
"I thought your expert fixed this. Do you really expect me to bring my bike in for a service.' This was a statement not a question.
They never even drove it, the mileage was exactly the same as when I dropped it off.
They are a useless as bull squirt to a pig farmer.
2020 Baker Express

johnm

• Scooter
Reply #46 on: July 12, 2020, 12:44:42 am
That would really piss me off big time.
Jawa 175cc (1950)
Kawasaki 750 CSR (1982)
Royal Enfield Interceptor (2019)

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #47 on: July 12, 2020, 12:54:32 am
I try to stay calm but I come across as sarcastic and smile the whole time.
It must make them feel like cockroaches.
Hopefully they don't need any parts to get this fixed. If they do I hope they are available >:(
2020 Baker Express

Haggisman

• Grease Monkey
  • Adelaide, Australia.
Reply #48 on: July 12, 2020, 02:40:29 am
Write a complaint to Royal Enfield head office
2019 Interceptor

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #49 on: July 12, 2020, 02:52:13 am
Write a complaint to Royal Enfield head office
Yep. RENA needs to know about inept dealers. Is this in Florida? Was the service performed by Florida Man?

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #50 on: July 12, 2020, 11:59:43 am
I am going to see what happens this go around, however, I will write to RE and let them know what has happened.
The problem with these people is they work on Suzuki, Ducati, Indian & Zero bikes. These are somewhat more complicated than the RE and I feel they are applying the same methods to troubleshoot.
I told them based on the owner’s manual that the light indicates a problem with the fuel injection but they kept telling me it could be other things besides fuel injection so god only knows what they are looking at.
When I got the bike back it started fine and the light went off as it should. I rode to a 90 degree turn in the parking lot and before I got there the light came on. As I slowed down the engine rpm dropped so I pulled over and it was idling at less than 1000rpm then it died. Got it started then went back to service.
Yeah it was “fixed” by Duh Florida Man.

2020 Baker Express

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: July 12, 2020, 12:36:18 pm
Florida has a "lemon law"

https://lemonlawexperts.com/out-of-state/florida-lemon-law/

One more go around and you qualify....new bike or money back!

Good luck trying to enforce it....but it does give the dealer the incentive to actually fix the bike!

Cookie

I am going to see what happens this go around, however, I will write to RE and let them know what has happened.
The problem with these people is they work on Suzuki, Ducati, Indian & Zero bikes. These are somewhat more complicated than the RE and I feel they are applying the same methods to troubleshoot.
I told them based on the owner’s manual that the light indicates a problem with the fuel injection but they kept telling me it could be other things besides fuel injection so god only knows what they are looking at.
When I got the bike back it started fine and the light went off as it should. I rode to a 90 degree turn in the parking lot and before I got there the light came on. As I slowed down the engine rpm dropped so I pulled over and it was idling at less than 1000rpm then it died. Got it started then went back to service.

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #52 on: July 12, 2020, 01:37:56 pm
Cookie,
Fl does have a lemon law, unfortunately from what I Was reading motorcycles are not covered. I do have a friend who is a lawyer so I am going to confirm with him.
I just want my bike back and working  :'(
2020 Baker Express

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Adelaide, South Aust- Conti GT 650 2019
Reply #53 on: July 12, 2020, 01:47:40 pm

Surely they could just plug into a tech 2 unit and read problems? Or aren’t these bike OBE2 or wherever the hell the acronym is
I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #54 on: July 12, 2020, 05:01:11 pm
. I rode to a 90 degree turn in the parking lot and before I got there the light came on. As I slowed down the engine rpm dropped so I pulled over and it was idling at less than 1000rpm then it died. Got it started then went back to service.

Somewhere on the forum there was a mention of a faulty "tip over" sensor.
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #55 on: July 12, 2020, 08:13:48 pm
Cookie,
Fl does have a lemon law, unfortunately from what I Was reading motorcycles are not covered. I do have a friend who is a lawyer so I am going to confirm with him.
I just want my bike back and working  :'(

Rather than actually going to court, have your friend write them a "friendly" letter on the law firm letterhead explaining what you would like to have them do. Nobody wants to go to court. I have found this approach always gets results.

Sharkguy

• Scooter
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #56 on: July 12, 2020, 11:58:03 pm
Hey Breaker Express, It's a small world. I'm in Ocoee as well! I sent you a PM. Again, good luck with the bike.

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #57 on: July 13, 2020, 12:22:26 am
So, in reading the summary of the "repair" here is what it say's verbatim:
Technician found the battery positive terminal was not seated properly. Adjusted, tightened and retested.
WTH. I could be wrong and someone please correct me if I am wrong but I cannot see that causing the stalling, hard to start and suddenly drop speed when throttle is not moved.
Back in the 70's in the UK I had a KH350 triple 2 stroke and one day I lost all power. 1 or 2 carbs just quit feeding fuel. I had the throttle wide open and was doing about 40 mph then without warning all carbs kicked in and I about shat my pants. That thing took off like a scalded cat.
The reason I relate this story is because that is what it felt like when the speed dropped. Of course there was no worry about the Enfield taking off like a 350 2 stroke but I just feel the technician did not pay attention to the written description of the problems. Kinda reminds me of going to the local fast food joint and saying no cheese on the burger but it come with cheese anyway. It seems that people do not listen or pay attention. If this was something I had to pay for I would be really PO.
I am going to call and speak to the service manager tomorrow. I wonder if they even have the RE diagnostic tool to hook up. If they had the tool they could hook it up and get the code and figure out what is wrong. Also, I thought there was a way of making that light blink like morse code and depending on the number of long and short blinks it is an indicator  of what is wrong. But what do I know?
2020 Baker Express

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #58 on: July 13, 2020, 04:43:58 am

Ref. yr. Reply #54: You're still not getting it  :) Type your reply AFTER and BELOW the [/quote] at the bottom of what you're replying to. You're still typing ABOVE the [/quote].

As you can see, I'm quoting YOU and there's nothing there because what you wrote is INSIDE the OTHER guy's (Breaker Express) post (text).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 04:48:27 am by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Adelaide, South Aust- Conti GT 650 2019
Reply #59 on: July 13, 2020, 05:46:04 am
        Ref. yr. Reply #54: You're still not getting it  :) Type your reply AFTER and BELOW the  at the bottom of what you're replying to. You're still typing ABOVE the .

As you can see, I'm quoting YOU and there's nothing there because what you wrote is INSIDE the OTHER guy's (Breaker Express) post (text).
Which one was that? I’ve been checking all my posts to make sure and they’ve all looked good? There was one I deleted cos I stuffed it- maybe that was the one?
Oh I see- the tech 2 one?
Sorry, I’m on top of it just one that slipped through. 1st one in a cuppla days . I’ll fix that right now
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 05:52:39 am by Starpeve »
I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...