Author Topic: Toolbox Locking Mechanism too short to catch bracket  (Read 2852 times)

michaelbarth

• Scooter
Anyone else fixed the issue of the left side cover's locking mechanism not really catching the bracket on the frame?  Did anyone make a longer metal piece to screw onto the lock?  Would love to see a photo if you did.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 11:25:02 pm
It just needs a push to hold it in place while I turn the key on mine. If it were looser I think it'd rattle.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 06:27:05 pm
It just needs a push to hold it in place while I turn the key on mine. If it were looser I think it'd rattle.

Mine, too, on the '08 AVL. Like Capt. Jack; "Just a little push...".

And maybe a tiny dab of 40 year old Quaker State Wheel Bearing grease  :) :)
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 04:01:32 am
I took plier to my existing piece of metal and reformed it in compliance with my will.

KC1961

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 05:16:54 pm
Here's mine. My own fantastic piece of engineering is only a few mm longer but it makes all the difference.