Author Topic: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/royal-enfield/interceptor-mk1  (Read 1174 times)

DavidGraves

• Grease Monkey
Holy Jeezeus , I think I am in love !

Check out this RE fitted out with a right proper English touring fairing:

It is as it should be...only better setup would be Craven Dolomite panniers and rack.

Pardon my enjoyment but one could ride behind this fairing for miles and miles...hours and hours and stay warm and pretty dry and the appearance just sort of floats my boat.

Nice bike too.

David Graves

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Apparently URLs in the subject line do not automatically "linkify", so here's a good link on Hemmings Online for that nice '67 Interceptor in Vermont: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/royal-enfield/interceptor-mk1

Funny...I used to buy the print editions of Hemmings Motor News  all the time back in the '90s, but haven't picked one up in decades. If you're ever up Bennington way, do check out their 'Car Lovers Store'--basically an old Sunoco station that they turned into a little museum and  automobilia, book store and coffee shop. Or, you can get, you know, gas...Though oddly enough, for the good ethanol-free stuff vehicle collectors crave, you'll need to head up Main Street just a bit to Stewart's Shops for that good 91 octane without the corn husk snot. When I last swung by a couple of decades back, it also had an almost unnerving amount of choice old Packards of every description  just parked willy-nilly around the place. Somebody clearly had a thing for the marque. More details: https://www.hemmings.com/about-us/station
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 03:03:37 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

DavidGraves

• Grease Monkey
My Folks had a lifetimes worth of Hemmings' Motornews starting sometime in the fifties.

It was, until the mid sixties, a small coarse paper monthly about the size of the Farmers Almanac....

My father bought many a collectible from an add posted in that venerable rag.

I still have the handwritten correspondence, via a 1957 Hemmings ad, with the widow from whom he bought the 1932 Ford DeLuxe Roadster that is sitting in the next room. 

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Is that '32 Ford unmolested? So many of those poor old beauties fell prey to "Hot Rodders" of yore...kind of akin to the often hamfisted "bobbers" of today intent on making so much nice old iron unrideable.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

DavidGraves

• Grease Monkey
Pretty well unmolested I would say....image is about 25 years old.

DG

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Pretty well unmolested I would say....image is about 25 years old.

DG

Man that's lovely. Maybe back in the '50s, when there was an old clapped-out Ford rusting away in every cornfield, it may have been laudable to haul it out and have at it any which way, but anyone who'd take a blowtorch and purple paint to that one like yours nowadays needs to be thrashed with a fan belt until stopped.

A bit off-topic, but looking at your photo it also just now occurred to me that Virginia may have the best antique license plate options in the USA: You can get your choice of either one of those white-on-black pre-War-looking ones like in your photo, or a sort of blue-on-mustard post-'50ish style one right at the DMV, or even use any original or remanufactured annually dated one from the period up to '73 for cars or '76 for bikes, so long as it's in semi-decent condition and the date on the plate matches the year of manufacture.

Options are good, right?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 05:22:56 pm by Bilgemaster »

DavidGraves

• Grease Monkey
yep...folks have been having original plates assigned to there cars for years.

Ahem, cough cough, did you happen to notice the other object in the image ?

Name that for me mister master of the bilge...only three guesses.

DG 

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
yep...folks have been having original plates assigned to there cars for years.

Ahem, cough cough, did you happen to notice the other object in the image ?

Name that for me mister master of the bilge...only three guesses.

DG

I'll take "Stuff I Don't Need" for $200, Alex, and "What's that little sailboat from that shelter in Happier Times?"

You see, nothing escapes me--not the slightest detail. Now, where are my glasses, dammit? Where the hell...Oh. Here they are on my head.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:50:03 pm by Bilgemaster »

DavidGraves

• Grease Monkey
well

What I meant was, What hull type and name of the design?

This is a different boat that very much loved and sailed one helluva lot on the C. Bay, many lakes in Maine and even down in the keys.

Name that boat mister......

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Campfire Talk?
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.