Author Topic: Calling all Bilgemasters...  (Read 1542 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
on: July 24, 2021, 07:44:41 pm
Vintage Royal Enfield Indian Motorcycle, LOT #145B (Maybe a 700 Twin...?)

Auction Type: Live On-Site With Online Bidding
Date: Saturday August 14, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM
Location; Vermont State Fairgrounds, 175 S. Main St., Rutland, VT, 05701

https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/lot-item/145b-2/
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 08:00:28 pm
Thanks for the holla. That's interesting. But I need another "project vehicle" like I need another bad habit. But for those in trailer range of Vermont, current bid with about 20 days to go until live auction starts stands at $170. Here's the direct website for signing up, if that old twin scratches an itch: https://vanderbrinkauction.proxibid.com/Collector-Cars/Collector-Motorcycles/Vintage-Royal-Enfield-Indian-Motorcycle/lotInformation/62268423#topoflot
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

oilypuddlefield

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 02:16:14 pm
Yes, being within trailer range will be the determining factor for a lot of would be bidders. Me included!
This example isn't too mucked up, except for the clipped mudguards and homemade instrument cluster ?

Unfortunately, I think contracting with a hauler is NOT an option because of the type of venue it is- bid, buy, and take it away; but perhaps they could be persuaded to work with a long distance buyer who needs to contract with a hauler.

I've contracted haulers through Uship over the years with general satisfaction, but post COVID is another story !
Recently, I had to get a bike shipped and Uship was a total waste of time. They seem to have shortened the listing duration  from 7  to 3 days and the only bids I got were from haulers that were  interested in a specific time window and their expensive bids expired within 24 hours.
I even got scolded by one hauler for expecting him to do the run for less than his break even rate.
All I have to say is, his break even rate is pretty high; as he quoted $800+ and I found a very professional hauling company to do it for $625. The only catch was, I had to work with THEIR time schedule. That was about 3-5 weeks turnaround, but that was fine with me.

Anyway, I hope this Trialblazer doesn't get sold to a breaker ! :-\

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 08:58:57 pm
We can HOPE it gets a sympathetic restoration from its new owner.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 01:24:42 am
Just a week to go with a standing bid of $190. There's no telling where last minute snipers may bring it, but I'd pitch in $20 just to watch Mustie1 next door in New Hampshire resurrect that thing (https://youtube.com/c/mustie1).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 01:27:39 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 05:31:30 pm
Looks like it sold for $2,250 plus 10% auction fees to an on-site bidder. Not bad, but it doesn't exactly blow this cheapskate's hair back for a non-runner. Then again, maybe I'm just outta touch.

oilypuddlefield

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 08:42:02 pm
I hope it found a good home.
IMHO, Trail Blazers are nice but  will always play second fiddle to  a well sorted Apache or Chief.

oilypuddlefield

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: August 20, 2021, 08:48:54 pm
This guy had one heckuva collection. Flipping through the listings of other motorcycles and parts was mind blowing.