Author Topic: jdcustomco tail tidy / indicator parts?  (Read 1006 times)

Hoiho

• Engorged Member
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #30 on: July 21, 2021, 10:04:16 pm
Holy mother of all that is beautiful......those site you guys are buying stuff from, are expensive/overpriced out of this world! Well, atleast, for the Indian market.

For reference, a set of OEM wheel hubs (front and rear), is listed at 441USD, which is 32,800INR. The whole damn bike costs 320,000INR approx.

<https://www.sparezo.com/royal-enfield-twins-gt-and-interceptor-650-front-and-rear-wheel-hub-assembly-black>

Same with the seats! Can't you guys get stuff over there itself? And if yes, what are the differentials in cost to customer?

For what it's worth, I wanted the black wheels on my Int650 (I have the OC, no choice since I bought used) and I asked the RE dealer in my city. The quote around 8000INR for each wheel (the whole thing, spokes, hubs and laced)

Yep, I've always thought those two sites were expensive.

lucky phil

• Grease Monkey
Reply #31 on: July 22, 2021, 02:14:50 am
https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/gma/1990413/

https://www.sparezo.com/products/interceptor-650/royal-enfield-gt-continental-and-interceptor-650-short-flyscreen-kit

This is what I'm talking about.

Well I paid $65aud for my screen landed here all taxes paid. So $34aud on top of Indian retail for the shipping, taxes and the service. Seems reasonable to me esp after years of paying for Ducati parts. Nice to have the comparison though and probably worthwhile pursuing the direct option for bigger items. I did note the cost of wheel hubs and thought they were expensive comparatively.
The issue is of course finding an Indian Retailer that will charge Indian retail and go through the hassle of shipping overseas for reasonable shipping costs and you can trust (no slight intended) and is convenient for payment and you have insurance if you don't get your item. You'll never get the official Indian site store to ship to a foreign country, they'll just re direct you to the foreign countries dealer network and you'll pay local prices.
Sometimes you need to accept the added cost for the service and piece of mind. You get what you pay for. You also need to consider what the relative value of INR1750 is in India compared to what the relative value of $65aud is in Australia.   

Ciao 

« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 02:31:28 am by lucky phil »
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

iblastoff

• Bulleteer
Reply #32 on: July 22, 2021, 03:58:53 am
damn why do tail tidys for the 650 cost this much?
https://roguemotorcycles.com.au/products/royal-enfield-650-tail-tidy

robrobsen

• Scooter
Reply #33 on: July 22, 2021, 04:30:36 am
Here’s how mine looks. All ordered from Baak.

whippers

• RE Curious
  • Bulleteer
Reply #34 on: July 22, 2021, 08:46:23 pm
Here’s how mine looks. All ordered from Baak.

Out of all the stuff I’ve seen Baak is clearly the classiest.  My only question is the taillight wire supposed to be visible like that? Kind of ruins the look
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor Baker Express
2007 Ducati Monster S4RS

The older I get the Faster I was

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • Live slow, die whenever
Reply #35 on: July 23, 2021, 02:23:43 am
Got mine tucked up hard against the taillight, it’s higher than the guard. That shit plastic extension went in the first week. The plate is currently located higher than in this pic, as high as it’ll go
I had a very severe warning from a plod for having my number plate mounted like that on my bobber. Not vertical enough to be easily read and a $700 fine for non compliant number plate if they want to make a point. So I hung it underneath the mudguard "backyard hack" style where it was both legal and made the guard compliant with the 45 deg from the axle rule. Got a defect for noise and no front guard but that's my fault I guess.
SA cops huh?  ::)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 02:27:35 am by gizzo »
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM

lucky phil

• Grease Monkey
Reply #36 on: July 23, 2021, 02:42:02 am
I had a very severe warning from a plod for having my number plate mounted like that on my bobber. Not vertical enough to be easily read and a $700 fine for non compliant number plate if they want to make a point. So I hung it underneath the mudguard "backyard hack" style where it was both legal and made the guard compliant with the 45 deg from the axle rule. Got a defect for noise and no front guard but that's my fault I guess.

SA cops also used to defect drivers of VX/VZ series Commodores that retro fitted the Monaro bonnets with the std factory bonnet scoops. A totally std Holden part but they reasoned that the sedans weren't actually released with that bonnet which was a direct bolt on exchange and therefore hadn't passed the pre production crash test criterion for the sedan version of the car! Adelaide cops, haven't they got anything meaningful to do in their daily policing activities?

Ciao
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Adelaide, South Aust- Conti GT 650 2019
Reply #37 on: July 23, 2021, 02:48:00 am
Yeah Simo, I’ve been a bit nervy about that. I’m going to alter the plate mount slightly to get it a bit more vertical. Thanks for the prompt, I’ve been putting it off. They’d no doubt jump on the taillight job too, although the copper next door said he wouldn’t worry about it too much. Better safe than sorry I reckon.
Not that the girl’s seen much action of late, had other concerns preoccupying me.
Cheers mate Steve
I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

robrobsen

• Scooter
Reply #38 on: July 23, 2021, 03:26:25 am
Out of all the stuff I’ve seen Baak is clearly the classiest.  My only question is the taillight wire supposed to be visible like that? Kind of ruins the look
That’s the only way how to route the cable as come up behind the Taillight.

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #39 on: July 23, 2021, 03:51:08 am
That’s the only way how to route the cable as come up behind the Taillight.
Any chance of a wee hole in the fender and run the wires underneath the fender to wherever they go now?
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • Live slow, die whenever
Reply #40 on: July 23, 2021, 05:29:21 am
Adelaide cops, haven't they got anything meaningful to do in their daily policing activities?

Ciao

Not really, I don't think. Harassing motorists is a lot less risky to their safety than doing actual policing of bad people.

Yeah Simo, I’ve been a bit nervy about that. I’m going to alter the plate mount slightly to get it a bit more vertical. Thanks for the prompt, I’ve been putting it off. They’d no doubt jump on the taillight job too, although the copper next door said he wouldn’t worry about it too much. Better safe than sorry I reckon.
Not that the girl’s seen much action of late, had other concerns preoccupying me.
Cheers mate Steve

No worries old mate. Seeya when I seeya. Take care.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM

lucky phil

• Grease Monkey
Reply #41 on: July 23, 2021, 06:07:07 am
Not really, I don't think. Harassing motorists is a lot less risky to their safety than doing actual policing of bad people.

No worries old mate. Seeya when I seeya. Take care.

When I was in New York not far from times square at a big intersection there was this huge guy shirtless with obvious mental health issue in the middle of the road harassing people as they crossed including middle aged ladies, anyone really. A Police car with 2 cops cruised close by and took look at this guy and I'm thinking Oh good they'll sort this guy out. Nope, saw what was going on and headed for the hills. LOL.
The only other NY cop I spoke to couldn't direct me to the nearest Subway station. Turned out to be around the corner about 50 metres away.

Ciao     
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

justonemore

• Grease Monkey
Reply #42 on: July 23, 2021, 07:18:35 am
When I was in New York not far from times square at a big intersection there was this huge guy shirtless with obvious mental health issue in the middle of the road harassing people as they crossed including middle aged ladies, anyone really. A Police car with 2 cops cruised close by and took look at this guy and I'm thinking Oh good they'll sort this guy out. Nope, saw what was going on and headed for the hills. LOL.
The only other NY cop I spoke to couldn't direct me to the nearest Subway station. Turned out to be around the corner about 50 metres away.

Ciao     

Strange, from what I've been hearing you would have expected them to wind a window down and empty a handgun clip into the nutter.
The cop who couldn't direct you to the subway probably didn't speak Australian.

I thought getting old would take longer than this

lucky phil

• Grease Monkey
Reply #43 on: July 23, 2021, 08:28:15 am
Strange, from what I've been hearing you would have expected them to wind a window down and empty a handgun clip into the nutter.
The cop who couldn't direct you to the subway probably didn't speak Australian.

Ha, maybe. Weird place NY. Saw a skinny old lady of at least 80 in nothing but a G string and body paint in Times Square. You can't unsee that.

Ciao   
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: July 23, 2021, 01:21:52 pm
Ha, maybe. Weird place NY. Saw a skinny old lady of at least 80 in nothing but a G string and body paint in Times Square. You can't unsee that.

Ciao   

She was probably in her 20's, living in the City, will age you... :D I probably shouldn't even mention it but did you happen to notice the Naked Cowboy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3gBX5wS2Z