Author Topic: Compass always thinks I am going North! Is there a fix?  (Read 3133 times)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: June 25, 2021, 01:58:43 pm
I'm not sure they did bother. Marketing said 'fit one', so they did, but didn't bother to fit one that worked.

+1   ;D
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: June 26, 2021, 12:52:28 am
I'm not sure they did bother. Marketing said 'fit one', so they did, but didn't bother to fit one that worked.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Himalayan Geff

• Older but no wiser
  • Scooter
  • Granite Black E5 Himalayan
Reply #17 on: July 01, 2021, 01:51:58 pm
I have just had an interesting email from the official importer of RE to the UK. Their basic response is "if it doesnt work, get the dealer to fit a new console under warrantee". So thats that then. It should work and if it doesnt, the official fix is replacement. They have also just told me that new Himalayans now have a three year warranty but my guess is it either works and will continue to do so or it doesnt and never will. Mine doesnt so a replacement will be ordered as soon as I get round to visiting a different dealer (other issues have been exposed that lead me to question the competence of  the dealer who supplied the bike).
Sod it, lets ride!

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: July 01, 2021, 06:07:52 pm
I have just had an interesting email from the official importer of RE to the UK. Their basic response is "if it doesnt work, get the dealer to fit a new console under warrantee". So thats that then. It should work and if it doesnt, the official fix is replacement. They have also just told me that new Himalayans now have a three year warranty but my guess is it either works and will continue to do so or it doesnt and never will. Mine doesnt so a replacement will be ordered as soon as I get round to visiting a different dealer (other issues have been exposed that lead me to question the competence of  the dealer who supplied the bike).

Good news of a sort.  ;)

Himalayan Geff

• Older but no wiser
  • Scooter
  • Granite Black E5 Himalayan
Reply #19 on: July 01, 2021, 07:18:57 pm
Good news of a sort.  ;)
Yes. I suppose you could suggest that the importer thinks it should work and is happy to replace it on the assumption that the replacement will work. Could get expensive if they have to keep replacing it multiple times over 3 years but that will be their problem, not mine!
Sod it, lets ride!

Spicyred

• Ice Queenslander (Australia)
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #20 on: July 15, 2021, 01:24:29 am
I can report that my compass seems to be pretty accurate, so far, since day one.
I’ve completed three x 400 kilometre trips so far and all points of the compass seem to be indicated correctly. It takes five or so seconds for it to adjust to a ninety degree turn, but adjust it does.

I know this is useless info for you blokes having issues, except to indicate that it is possible a replacement could work for you.
Current rides:
2021 Himalayan
2023 RNineT
Most recent:
2019 Ice Queen GT650