Author Topic: I think it’s done.  (Read 1134 times)

Wacopilot

• Scooter
on: April 12, 2021, 06:39:31 am
9 months ago this little beauty rolled over from my neighbors shop into mine. He said it just “needed a little carb work”, after rebuilding the head, doing some work to the piston, new rings and  honing the cylinder, then I did a little work to the carb. Fired right up, rode it and had fun while I kept tinkering with it. And I’d say she’s just the way I wanted it now. Thanks for all the great help from this forum.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 04:09:19 pm
She's a beauty! Well done, Wacopilot.

Have you taken her out on the Sierra foothill roads yet? Those roads are built for these machines, it'll be a real treat for you.

- ACR -

A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Wacopilot

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 02:41:50 am
ACR, not yet. I’ve got an old friend up in Mariposa with a cool Norton. Maybe my son and I can load up the bikes in a trailer for a weekend of riding up there. Making it it over the grapevine is suicidal these days even in a car.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 03:50:10 am
Let me know when you are in the area and maybe we can join up, Mariposa's not that far North of me.  8)
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.