Author Topic: good Himalayan BS4 reviews by Noraly ("Itchy Boots")  (Read 41821 times)

BikingTim

• Scooter
on: February 28, 2019, 09:44:48 pm
Noraly is a Dutch girl on her way around the world on her Himalayan BS4 which she purchased in Delhi.
She crossed northern India, Myanmar, Thailand, to Malaysia.  Now she's in Omar, awaiting her bike to
be flown from Kuala Lumpur to Muscat.  She did a 10Kkm video review in Malaysia and a 11Kkm video
review in Kuala Lumpur (getting a rear tire puncture in the meantime).  In short, she loves her bike
(which she named "Basanti") for its off-road capabilities, a little cool about its paved road capabilities.
She looks forward to the 650cc version of the Himalayan, like the rest of us.
Here are the two Youtube videos:
10K kilometers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsdKwqc1040&list=PL8M9dV_BySaVZQCu9Qj5J0Rhz3TnBphzc
11K kilometers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtmHoUrdXCg&list=PL8M9dV_BySaVZQCu9Qj5J0Rhz3TnBphzc&index=2

BikingTim

aari

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 10:28:17 am
Cheack this out she reviewed PowerTRONIC ecu on himalayan aswell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHQBxG-9V00

twowheeladdict

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 01:58:33 pm
I would definitely take her reviews with a grain of salt.  I am enjoying her videos, but her motorcycle expertise and experience is very limited.  She thought she broke her clutch cable twice and it turned out that adding the risers stressed her clutch cable and caused her to burn out the clutch plates. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHn7oeOoGKc&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghP-3_7Tg8A

Dalmatian man

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 05:17:59 pm
I think that young lady is he best  advertisment ever for the durability of the Himalayan . What she may be lacking in mechanical knowledge  she makes up in guts and determination.
33cc cyclemaster
James Cadet
James Comodore
Honda C50
Suzuki Gn250
BMW 650
Honda Hornet 600
BMW R1100RS
Royal Enfield C5 2014
BMW G310R

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 11:54:08 pm
I know I'm hooked on her adventure. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 12:37:14 pm
I know I'm hooked on her adventure. :)

So am I. I love this girl. I hope my twin granddaughters (17) have half the balls of this girl when they're in their twenties, thirties.

I think she has just ridden through and out of Uzbekistan (Ep. 68, Apr. 21). I'll go look for an Ep. 69 and later later today.

As some have said, she may not be a super bike mechanic or mechanical expert, but she sure gets some cred from me for just doing what she's doing as well as she's doing it. And she is just "up" all the time no matter what is thrown at her and that's very impressive nowadays when we seem more and more buried in young people who are just constantly whining about something and can't seem to get out of their own way.
'
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:57:40 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

bonkers

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 05:49:06 pm
+1, oh, and  she is very funny!  (which not every dutch female is I dare to say as a dutch male) ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 05:51:58 pm by bonkers »
Before;
Triumph T120- Norton Commando 5x
Triton T150V tripple- BMW R80
BMW R100RS- BMW R100S
BMW R80 G/S- BMW R80 GS
BMW R100 GS- BMW R80 GS Basic
BMW R100 CS- BMW R80 ST
BMW R NineT- Buell S2
Moto Guzzi V7 Sport- Moto Guzzi Le Mans 1 Ice Blue
Current;
Stealth Black C5 RE- BMW R100 Monolever 7 rock

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 03:46:27 am
ive actually watched her clips myself and I think she goes to outback places where I doubt some guys would take the risk and ride.
her risks regardless are far above that of a male rider. think about it!

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 08:33:24 am
Speaking of male riders, I have this peculiar notion that it might be swell if she met, fell in love with and had lots of kids with Ed March of C90Adventures fame, and that they or their kids might be the ones who made interstellar contact instead of the old "Take us to your leader" playbook. Let's just say I'd be more optimistic of the outcome if they came across folks who knew how to get about cheerfully without busting shit up. First impressions matter, best foot forward, and all that.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Dr Mayhem

• Grease Monkey
Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 03:59:48 pm
kinda cool for a homo sapien regardless
Guy
19 Conti GT in Dr Mayhem paint 08/24/2019
06 HD Street Bob
04 Buell XB12S Lightning

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: May 31, 2019, 08:44:42 am
I have been watching her Youtube videos, and she actually replied to a couple of my comments in person. I was impressed. She's an amazing rider. She's ridden places I wouldn't go.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 03:02:44 pm
  Well, here it s June and I have not managed to get on the Enfield at all yet and Noraly has got me jonesing like mad. I've followed her from the beginning and just watched 80, 81, 82 and 83 this AM and now it's 10 o'clock.

The way I am now I have to pick my day and it's been either the weather or not "feeling right" (physically or emotionally) or having something else to do on any particular day. It's a whole painful process just getting ready to go and if I have any one "other" thing to do it does away with that day for a ride. Just an hour of necessary yardwork blows me out for that day and it would be dangerous for me to even take the bike past the end of the driveway. And so far the weather here has also sucked in some way most days!

It pisses me off that the pain has finally won after 81 years of fighting it every day. I would last about a half hour doing what this amazing girl is doing. Like Doug I may have to just wrap it up soon.

Anyway. If Royal Enfield's PR people have not already contacted this girl they are idiots. They should be helping her and capitalizing her in some way or even hiring her. She is an amazing salesman for this bike. 
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 09:31:22 pm
I really think the world would benefit by nominating Noraly to be a world peace ambassador, what do you all think?
Roverman.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 10:19:11 pm
Well she certainly is a much better rider than I am and she speaks English very well and also seems to be able to communicate well enough in other languages. 

Plus, that poor Himalayan takes a beating and keeps on ticking.  I assume that we all are very impressed with its performance and durability in the rough, at high elevations and in the hot and cold weather that she has been experiencing while riding in the middle-east.

If only RE would have made that engine as a 650cc single.  :)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: June 15, 2019, 02:22:53 am
  Well, here it s June and I have not managed to get on the Enfield at all yet and Noraly has got me jonesing like mad. I've followed her from the beginning and just watched 80, 81, 82 and 83 this AM and now it's 10 o'clock.

The way I am now I have to pick my day and it's been either the weather or not "feeling right" (physically or emotionally) or having something else to do on any particular day. It's a whole painful process just getting ready to go and if I have any one "other" thing to do it does away with that day for a ride. Just an hour of necessary yardwork blows me out for that day and it would be dangerous for me to even take the bike past the end of the driveway. And so far the weather here has also sucked in some way most days!

It pisses me off that the pain has finally won after 81 years of fighting it every day. I would last about a half hour doing what this amazing girl is doing. Like Doug I may have to just wrap it up soon.

Anyway. If Royal Enfield's PR people have not already contacted this girl they are idiots. They should be helping her and capitalizing her in some way or even hiring her. She is an amazing salesman for this bike.

Hell Tooseevee, if you're still getting a leg over at 81 (insert sound of twittering Brits here), then you're more man than most. You got twenty years on me, and I'm not as spry as I once was. Add to that the level of difficulty of having to fire up a tweaked AVL with no decomp or electric leg on a cool Rhode Island morn, and my hat's off to you, man. Were I in your situation, before hanging up my spurs, I might be looking for means to maybe ameliorate the impact of those "olds". Just spitballing here, but have you got a nice jacuzzi or hot tub? Before I set out for "yonder" on my own Iron Belly, I sort of warm and limber it up around the block nice and easy. Why not treat your own body's lymphatic "lube system" and joints to the same warm up before a jaunt? Besides, a jacuzzi and a good book are among the sublime joys of life, if a taxi full of drunken Swedish stewardesses isn't handy. Treat yourself!

With your Enfield, that first cold start must be the biggest hurdle. So, if you'd really prefer to stick with your lovely AVL instead of some latter-day bike or even scooter with an electric start, how about getting one of those electric roller start doodads like I've seen in Jay Leno's Garage and other YouTube videos? There's no shortage of DIY versions shown out there, including one using what looks like a Harbor Freight angle grinder as its motive force, but here is a rather nice looking one from England shown actually starting a nice old Bullet. I reckon with a bit of rummaging through the Interwebs, a nice enough turnkey one might present itself for $500 or so, where you could just back the beast on, hit the footpedal, fire up, and off you'd go.

Remember: We're Riders of the Archaic. So go ahead and be archaic. You'll show those whippersnappers!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:28:18 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 02:01:53 pm
I have been following Noraly's adventures as I assume many of us are.  One thing that I find odd though, is that while every episode typically receives thousands of "thumbs-up" there are always around 30 or 40 that give her a "thumbs-down".  What do you think is going on with those?

The dislike numbers seem very consistent and personally, I just don't see anything in her videos that is worth disliking.  And even if I didn't like her music, commentary, or selection of little dirt roads, I don't know why I would go out of my way to give her a "thumbs-down".  Any ideas what is going on here?

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 06:25:49 pm
I have been following Noraly's adventures as I assume many of us are.  One thing that I find odd though, is that while every episode typically receives thousands of "thumbs-up" there are always around 30 or 40 that give her a "thumbs-down".  What do you think is going on with those?

The dislike numbers seem very consistent and personally, I just don't see anything in her videos that is worth disliking.  And even if I didn't like her music, commentary, or selection of little dirt roads, I don't know why I would go out of my way to give her a "thumbs-down".  Any ideas what is going on here?

The first thing that pops into my mind is that it's a simple case of motorcycle snobbery. There are people out there who just do not like Royal Enfields and will not be convinced otherwise. They are usually very misinformed, uninformed, ill-informed, etc., and they usually have no sense of respect for history (if they know any at all) or heritage (automotive OR motorcycle) or any rational reason. They're the same people who hate h-d motorcycles. I don't mean dislike for some rational, explainable reason. I mean those who hate harleys simply because they're harleys. 

Now I've gotta go see if Episode 104 is up yet.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:30:30 pm by tooseevee »

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 07:23:56 pm
Hell Tooseevee, if you're still getting a leg over at 81 (insert sound of twittering Brits here), then you're more man than most. You got twenty years on me, and I'm not as spry as I once was. Add to that the level of difficulty of having to fire up a tweaked AVL with no decomp or electric leg on a cool Rhode Island morn, and my hat's off to you, man. Were I in your situation, before hanging up my spurs, I might be looking for means to maybe ameliorate the impact of those "olds". Just spitballing here, but have you got a nice jacuzzi or hot tub? Before I set out for "yonder" on my own Iron Belly, I sort of warm and limber it up around the block nice and easy. Why not treat your own body's lymphatic "lube system" and joints to the same warm up before a jaunt? Besides, a jacuzzi and a good book are among the sublime joys of life, if a taxi full of drunken Swedish stewardesses isn't handy. Treat yourself!

With your Enfield, that first cold start must be the biggest hurdle. So, if you'd really prefer to stick with your lovely AVL instead of some latter-day bike or even scooter with an electric start, how about getting one of those electric roller start doodads like I've seen in Jay Leno's Garage and other YouTube videos? There's no shortage of DIY versions shown out there, including one using what looks like a Harbor Freight angle grinder as its motive force, but here is a rather nice looking one from England shown actually starting a nice old Bullet. I reckon with a bit of rummaging through the Interwebs, a nice enough turnkey one might present itself for $500 or so, where you could just back the beast on, hit the footpedal, fire up, and off you'd go.

Remember: We're Riders of the Archaic. So go ahead and be archaic. You'll show those whippersnappers!

I only just saw your post an hour ago and chose to answer Richard230's first and then take the dog out for her 1 o'clock dump which was already late.

Anyway. I don't know where you picked up the idea that I am kick only. Not so, Grasshoppah.

It is true that I have only used the electric starter very rarely since day one mostly because I've just always been a kickstarter, but also to save that sprag which, only because of this forum, I knew was a time bomb ready to blow.

But I do have a kicker; always have. Because it has come to hurt so bad if more than three kicks, I started using the electric for the first start of the day. From then on, I always get one or two kick kick starts, no problem.

The cold kick starts immediately got better with the switch to the Champion plug, but I just can't take the chance any more. If I was to have to go past 3 kicks cold and it didn't start, I would be wreaked to the point that I just would not, could not, go. And this is not just leg, it's every single joint, tendon, ligament, bone, you-name-it. It's mind-bending panic-pain.

No. I'm not the Jacuzzi or electric rear tire rotator type.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 02:47:29 am
Plus with the thumbs down attitude scattered about on anything on the tube I think its mainly from ' LOW ACHIEVERS AND THE JEALOUS TYPES' who have never really done or couldn't do anything special in their lives and wear their low life attitude - LOW and try to rub it out on others.
Meanwhile Itchyboots latest video -bike down-has scored 100K views in just one day!

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 12:18:38 am
In any sampling of thousands, I'm sure there must always be a requisite tiny number of Sandy Vagina Syndrome sufferers--miserable misanthropes who would 'thumbs down' anything: a puppy playing the bagpipes presenting a cure for cancer...I mean  anything. I'm also pretty sure that a good number of those dislikes are unintentional. If you're watching on a smaller device like a phone, then it's awfully easy to tap that 'thumbs down' instead of the 'thumbs up', or just click that icon by mistake. I've done the former myself at least once while scrolling (but caught and corrected it). No, I expect the REAL  measure of basement-dwelling douchebaggery is to be found in those Comments sections.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 01:04:20 am by Bilgemaster »

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 02:28:26 am
Gotta love Noraly's attitude. :)

She dumps her bike and laughs about it. 

I'm sure she knew she could get help from the guy down the road but when I've dropped a bike, laughing was the last thing on my mind at the time.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 08:15:44 am
I ordered my 'Itchy Boots' stickers yesterday, just wish I could afford a Himalyan to stick them on to.

Frank

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 10:09:02 am
I wish whoever designed Noralee's bike sticker had used her Basanti as a model, instead of a generic cafe racer.  Just picky, I guess...

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #23 on: July 15, 2019, 12:01:29 pm
I wish whoever designed Noralee's bike sticker had used her Basanti as a model, instead of a generic cafe racer.  Just picky, I guess...
Agreed! that is why I didn't buy any of those.
Why do people on here not use her proper name though - Noraly.

Frank

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: July 15, 2019, 02:58:54 pm

Frank
Probably because this is an American site and the way Noraly spells her name is not normal here.

I think the most common way to spell it here in the US. is Noralee.

Google shows 18 different ways to spell it. :o
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #25 on: July 15, 2019, 05:25:55 pm

Frank

:-[

I can't speak for "people," but personally, I guess it's because I'm both ignorant and lazy!  Good thing she's got you to stick up for her, though, Frank - I won't make that mistake again, I promise!

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 07:49:13 pm
Probably because this is an American site and the way Noraly spells her name is not normal here.

I think the most common way to spell it here in the US. is Noralee.

Google shows 18 different ways to spell it. :o
But her name is not Noralee, its Noraly. Its a bit insulting to imply that the lass doesn't know how to spell her own name.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: July 16, 2019, 01:31:00 am
But her name is not Noralee, its Noraly. Its a bit insulting to imply that the lass doesn't know how to spell her own name.

I don't care how she spells her name or pays her taxes. I just want a long mp3 of her saying "kilometers" over and over and over that way she does with something rousing and adventuresome on a harpsichord in the background.

I'll be in my bunk.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: July 16, 2019, 02:15:51 am
You "Dirty Old Man".  ;D

From what I've seen of Noraly she would be the first to laugh about someone misspelling her name and I know she wouldn't consider it to be an insult.

She's a full of life, full of adventure sort of girl who would totally understand why someone in the US could miss-spell her name and she would not think another thought about it.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #29 on: July 16, 2019, 10:54:30 am
How dare you, Arizoni! 

I'm guessing that in Holland, my fist name would be spelled with only one "t."  If Noraly casually spelled it that way in a written discussion amongst a bunch of dirty-old-women in which my virtues, looks, riding, and indeed my pronunciation of the word "micrometer" were so positively extolled... no, I would not be insulted.

My wife spells her name, Anne, with an "e" on the end.  If I had a nickel for every time someone spelled it without the "e", I'd be the one buying all of Wildbill's secondhand bikes! 

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: July 16, 2019, 11:56:26 am
You "Dirty Old Man".  ;D

From what I've seen of Noraly she would be the first to laugh about someone misspelling her name and I know she wouldn't consider it to be an insult.

She's a full of life, full of adventure sort of girl who would totally understand why someone in the US could miss-spell her name and she would not think another thought about it.

Well, since we've slipped into grammar and spelling mode here, there you go misspelling misspell. When will it ever end?  :) :) :) :) :)

BTW - did you catch that incredibly overloaded truck that we caught a glimpse of twice in (I think) Episode 105?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:01:21 pm by tooseevee »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: July 16, 2019, 01:52:23 pm
      Well, since we've slipped into grammar and spelling mode here, there you go misspelling misspell. When will it ever end?  :) :) :) :) :)

BTW - did you catch that incredibly overloaded truck that we caught a glimpse of twice in (I think) Episode 105?

I noticed that truck and wondered how the people loading it ever got all of those sacks of whatever stacked like that so that they could be tied down without falling over.  I bet U.S. Teamsters couldn't do that.   ;)

Regarding names: I have always been a little irritated that I named my daughter "Terri" when she was born. Then she went to court when she was in her 20's and legally changed her name to "Teri".  And I didn't find out about it until 25 years later.  ???

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: July 17, 2019, 12:45:07 am
Speaking of the thumbs down in Noraly's YouTube shows did you watch all 1 1/2 hours of her latest on line talk show?

She mentioned that somehow one of her YouTube's got on some sort of "hate forum" and she received a rash of hateful comments like some turds that said they wanted her to be raped. 
How's that for being really shitty?   >:( >:( >:(

I'd gladly take those SOB's and hang them by their testicles and walk off leaving them hanging there.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:47:32 am by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #33 on: July 17, 2019, 08:26:57 am
Yes, I watched that, and like you am appalled at these low-lifes leaving hateful messages.
She comes across as a really pleasant, fun loving  young lady, I cannot see anything anyone could hate about her.

Frank

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: July 17, 2019, 12:36:34 pm
Speaking of the thumbs down in Noraly's YouTube shows did you watch all 1 1/2 hours of her latest on line talk show?

She mentioned that somehow one of her YouTube's got on some sort of "hate forum" and she received a rash of hateful comments like some turds that said they wanted her to be raped. 
How's that for being really shitty?   >:( >:( >:(

I'd gladly take those SOB's and hang them by their testicles and walk off leaving them hanging there.

I felt so bad for her and was so fucking angry yesterday that I was afraid to comment and maybe "get started" and be sorry later. It's sort of a once you draw the sword, you must cut something situation.

Suffice it to say, they are angry, frustrated, jealous ignorant scum and they pollute every subject and every policy and every agency now and they slowly and steadily influence more and more of the same kinds of malleable minds and it starts long before even kindergarten now. You can be attacked and "anything" can be done to you now or said about you for wearing the wrong (according to them) fucking T-shirt or hat.

Luckily 99% of them are fucking cowards and Noraly will continue her trip safely BUT it could be SO easy for these creeps to plan something.

'Nuff sed.

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: July 17, 2019, 07:27:52 pm
Well I started to watch it but not live. I've not got through the first live 2 parter and I'm only a couple of eps from her current offering.

All I want to know is what currency do I choose for the fuel donation?

I'm not putting a comment on a random video to get lost with all the others.

I'll have to add that as I watch on the TV, There's no option for a thumbs up and I'm not going through them all now.

It would appear that Noraly has won the hearts and minds of this forum though :)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: July 17, 2019, 09:25:22 pm

All I want to know is what currency do I choose for the fuel donation?

I'll have to add that as I watch on the TV, There's no option for a thumbs up and I'm not going through them all now.

It would appear that Noraly has won the hearts and minds of this forum though :)

To donate you have to go to her website. There is a link to it on Youtube right below the video frame.

Follow the prompts to DONATE and Paypal does the rest. If you don't do Paypal I don't know what to tell you.

You must be SIGNED IN to Youtube to be able to register your LIKE vote which requires that you register. She is one of only Two reasons I got a Youtube account.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:28:59 pm by tooseevee »

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #37 on: July 18, 2019, 08:10:15 am
Noraly's website:
https://www.itchyboots.com/
I donated via Paypal from here.

Frank

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: July 18, 2019, 08:41:08 pm
Bless you chaps. I am aware of both your suggestions :)

It was that when it came to choose the currency in which to donate in I thought ah. Now what. The default was USD and she is obviously not there :)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: July 18, 2019, 11:22:25 pm
Bless you chaps. I am aware of both your suggestions :)

It was that when it came to choose the currency in which to donate in I thought ah. Now what. The default was USD and she is obviously not there :)

All I did was type in that I wanted to give her $30. Paypal converted it to what it needs to to deposit in her account. Paypal charged me the difference in the currency value and, I presume, just entered a number into her account. My total was $31.68.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:28:05 pm by tooseevee »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: July 22, 2019, 03:27:17 pm
Episode 108 is one of the more interesting Itchy Boots videos yet. It shows her riding around and exploring the area surrounding Cappadocia, Turkey. It starts out with her watching many hot air balloons rise in the morning and ends with a visit to an underground city carved out of the ground. And unfortunately, the "haters" didn't waste any time giving her 47 dislikes. >:(  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kdm463II7U

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #41 on: July 22, 2019, 05:46:17 pm
47 dislikes out of almost 73,000 views isn't bad... statistically insignificant, in my opinion,  therefore I'm going to call it no dislikes...  ;D

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: July 22, 2019, 06:17:31 pm
Episode 108 is one of the more interesting Itchy Boots videos yet. It shows her riding around and exploring the area surrounding Cappadocia, Turkey. It starts out with her watching many hot air balloons rise in the morning and ends with a visit to an underground city carved out of the ground. And unfortunately, the "haters" didn't waste any time giving her 47 dislikes. >:(  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kdm463II7U

I meant to comment on the Cappadocia episode yesterday and didn't get a round tuit.

It was better than any of the stock "travelogue" type coverages you see on cable TV nowadays and PBS and Smithsonian are useless now. Nothing but reruns. Over and over and over and over. A lot of stuff I saw 10 years ago. Since the Create Channel took over, PBS has turned  to crap. Even This Old House (who remembers Bob Vila?) is formula now.

You could just see the wonderment in her eyes and hear it in her voice watching the balloons. They look like multi-colored fireflies. I remember years ago there were a dozen balloons. Now hundreds of ballon people are making thousands of dollars a day and you can bet  the Cappadocian people aren't getting any of it. It's the government.

And I agree with her about not paying the price. But what a wondrous place it is!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:21:17 pm by tooseevee »

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: July 24, 2019, 01:18:58 am
Noraly's videos are always fun to watch.  In fact, although I've watched it a couple of times before, I just clicked on the link and watched it again. :)

I think one of my favorite incidents was shown several episodes back when she stopped out in the middle of no where to talk to the two old men.  They offered her some vodka.
I can't help but think those two old guys will spend the rest of their lives with a big smile on their faces while they are thinking back to the day an angel rode up and shared a few moments with them just because they were there.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: July 27, 2019, 02:17:37 pm
Well she certainly is a much better rider than I am and she speaks English very well and also seems to be able to communicate well enough in other languages. 

Plus, that poor Himalayan takes a beating and keeps on ticking.  I assume that we all are very impressed with its performance and durability in the rough, at high elevations and in the hot and cold weather that she has been experiencing while riding in the middle-east.

If only RE would have made that engine as a 650cc single.  :)

+++ to everything you say. She is marvelous.

But how much more would it weigh if it was a 650?

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: July 27, 2019, 02:38:40 pm
Noraly's videos are always fun to watch.  In fact, although I've watched it a couple of times before, I just clicked on the link and watched it again. :)

I think one of my favorite incidents was shown several episodes back when she stopped out in the middle of no where to talk to the two old men.  They offered her some vodka.
I can't help but think those two old guys will spend the rest of their lives with a big smile on their faces while they are thinking back to the day an angel rode up and shared a few moments with them just because they were there.

Ditto for everything you say (that way I don't have to type  :) ).

I fell behind and just caught up on 109, 110 and 111 this morning. They just get better and better. She' is an mazing girl.

I thought it was interesting that the ECU did not like something about the drone's signal feedback into the PowerTronic and put out what must have been a really annoying (to Noraly) MIL light. Because the bike has been so good for her, it must have bothered her no end.

The bike has now gone 18,000+ miles with nothing that I wouldn't call anything other than ordinary maintenance for what the girl is putting the bike through. The only thing you could possibly have called partly her fault might be that clutch problem.   

It sounds to me and I may be wrong, that she does tend to slip the clutch a little, but the bike IS pretty well loaded and 1st may be just a hair high for the load. So I (emphasized) can't really comment because I am not on the bike.

Overall she's a great rider, a great woman and just a great person.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #46 on: August 16, 2019, 07:23:36 am
After watching Itchyboots adventures on the Himalayan on a near nightly screen watch I thought I might as well buy one myself and try it out. Unfortunately here in the land down under the bs4 fuel injected model is not available or not as yet so I guess I will have to settle for carby version.
So I've lined up a new May/019 plated bike in matte black and will have it delivered by end of month.
I guess I can thank Itchyboots for giving me the inspiration to try this bike out as since its release I've actually looked at it a couple of times in the dealer showrooms and sat on one once and thought - it's really not for me!
But seeing I scored this new bike at a great cash discount due to a dealer close down/sell out I plan to put a few aftermarket parts on it and jazz it up and see how it goes.
so if Noraly can get 30,000 km out of her Himalayan so far -it sounds pretty good to me and it appears a lot better bike than I once thought.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #47 on: August 16, 2019, 11:18:20 am
...if Noraly can get 30,000 km out of her Himalayan so far -it sounds pretty good to me and it appears a lot better bike than I once thought.

Well... hers is  better... she got lucky.  Imagine how different the Itchy Boots travelogue would have been had she bought the "other type"  of RE...

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #48 on: August 17, 2019, 02:16:57 am
yeah your right. ive had say 15 c5 in total or close to it. not one would equal my triumph street scrambler. as the story goes -you only get what you pay for. anyway I have bought the Himalayan so that's a done deal. I am going to load it up with about $2000 in after market parts or accessories which im about to buy worldwide and see what happens

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #49 on: August 17, 2019, 01:09:43 pm
yeah your right. ive had say 15 c5 in total or close to it. not one would equal my triumph street scrambler. as the story goes -you only get what you pay for. anyway I have bought the Himalayan so that's a done deal. I am going to load it up with about $2000 in after market parts or accessories which im about to buy worldwide and see what happens

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: August 17, 2019, 02:06:26 pm
I was going tp get rid of all my bikes and go back to cars but I thought -just one more hit...lol so cashed two of them. so its only the new Himalayan on order and the triumph and load them up with a few accessories. I still think the interceptor is the better built bike in the enfield range but within a month I will know for sure.
either way I am glad I have bought a 5/19 plate Himalayan bike compared to the earlier 017 bikes which hopefully should have ironed out a few of the earlier bike problems.
but what I can tell you is this- I won't be taking it to any long distance dealer. I will be getting some-one local to check the valves. if it goes pear shape and goes down hill - I don't really care! you only get what you pay for and I guess I didn't pay much!...lol

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: August 17, 2019, 05:14:32 pm
      Episode 122 finally out this AM.

She finally got new tires. I was a little worried because she's been commenting that her tires were not good for quite a few miles.

Brief sighting of one of my top 5 favoritest cars of my whole lifetime at a toll booth and just so happens one of the best friends I ever had escaped from the Milosevic, Karadzic, Mladic days from Slovenia in one. He had almost made it to Sweden when he was beat up half to death and it was stolen.

Noraly carries on.... :)  and the bike never seems to even fart.

Dalmatian man

• Bulleteer
Reply #52 on: August 17, 2019, 08:39:17 pm
I was going tp get rid of all my bikes and go back to cars but I thought -just one more hit...lol so cashed two of them. so its only the new Himalayan on order and the triumph and load them up with a few accessories. I still think the interceptor is the better built bike in the enfield range but within a month I will know for sure.
either way I am glad I have bought a 5/19 plate Himalayan bike compared to the earlier 017 bikes which hopefully should have ironed out a few of the earlier bike problems.
but what I can tell you is this- I won't be taking it to any long distance dealer. I will be getting some-one local to check the valves. if it goes pear shape and goes down hill - I don't really care! you only get what you pay for and I guess I didn't pay much!...lol

Are you going to become
"Itchy Bum" once you get the Himalayan.

33cc cyclemaster
James Cadet
James Comodore
Honda C50
Suzuki Gn250
BMW 650
Honda Hornet 600
BMW R1100RS
Royal Enfield C5 2014
BMW G310R

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #53 on: August 17, 2019, 11:03:00 pm
Yup Tooseevee.  As soon as I saw that 2CV on the trailer I thought, "Whoh!  Old Tooseevee is going to be cheering and jumping up and down !!  Noraly said right there on her video she thought a 2CV was "cute".

Of course, I know Tooseevee was thinking it was him she was talking about.  ;D ;D ;D ::)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: August 18, 2019, 12:44:40 am
well in actual fact I bought a bike I really hated the look of. a bike once you could not have sold me new for 3k...lol but it appears better than it looks so I might as well try it out and see how it goes around the bush country. plus I might even hit a few fishing holes. I have a few plans lined up for it.
I read a few back thread on them and they too have been plagued by problems so it too is the luck of the draw...lol

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #55 on: August 18, 2019, 03:00:37 am
The only problems I've read about were frame welds and weaknesses on the first ones offered for sale to the public.

That shut down the assembly line for quite a long time while they redesigned the problem areas and corrected their welding procedures.
The bike Noraly is riding is one of the redesigned models.

I'm surprised they aren't offering a fuel injected version in the "Down Under".  Even the ones sold in India are fuel injected.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #56 on: August 18, 2019, 12:14:47 pm
not as yet. still the carby non abs version. I think they are just trying to shift the old stock. the ex dealer I bought this bike from said that when and if the FI ever arrives in Australia  he thinks it may jump up quite a few $$$ in price and if that does happens -not till 2020

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #57 on: August 18, 2019, 01:51:54 pm
Yup Tooseevee.  As soon as I saw that 2CV on the trailer I thought, "Whoh!  Old Tooseevee is going to be cheering and jumping up and down !!  Noraly said right there on her video she thought a 2CV was "cute".

Of course, I know Tooseevee was thinking it was him she was talking about.  ;D ;D ;D ::)

Ha!  I could only wish   :) :) She'd outdo me in a half hour and leave me in the dust; riding or anything else  ;) ;) nudge nudge.

Just coincidentally, the 2CV that I spent 4 years doing a total disassembly restoration of spent its first 10 years in Holland. The restoration book that went to the new owner weighed about 5 pounds. I remounted the original license plate when it was finished. 

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: August 19, 2019, 08:25:00 pm
I was going to say that I knew I should have bought  a Dolly when I had the chance years ago but it does not sound quite right :)

Anyway, that's a nice looking job you did there.

You will have been watching the hubnut vids no doubt then tooseevee?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 08:27:33 pm by Carlsberg Wordsworth »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #59 on: August 19, 2019, 11:27:16 pm
Itchy Boots is in Austria in Episode 123 and plans to head back to Holland soon.  At the beginning of the video she mentions that she plans to spend a couple of months at home an then intends to start a new adventure, riding from Patagonia to Alaska. That should be quite an adventure.  Hopefully, she will bypass the Darien Gap.  :o

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #60 on: August 20, 2019, 02:17:14 am
I heard her mention she wanted to get back to Holland as soon as she could.  I was hoping she would spend some time in the countries between Venice and her home riding some of the back roads and side roads we never get to see.
Those side roads are just what my G5 is made to explore and I enjoy seeing the countryside.
Yes, I understand the high prices of staying at any hostile in Europe but some exploring of the back country would be interesting to me.

I'm also hoping she tells us about her new adventure when it begins on her Facebook page.  That seems to be the only web page aside from the YouTube site that she's keeping up to date.

Two or more months without seeing her and her adventures?  That's a long time to wait.
I wonder if she is going to keep on riding Basanti on her new adventure?  With all of the miles she's ridden her, that motorcycle might be getting a bit "long on tooth" to use an old expression for horses.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

Jako

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #61 on: August 20, 2019, 03:33:14 am
Some of you may find this Aussie larrikin entertaining on his numerous motorcycle adventures  , something a bit different to Itchy boots
https://youtu.be/D5EG0ePMmtc
2020 Rav Red Interceptor (wife's bike) ,Interceptor 2019 bakers express ,  2021 Honda cb500X, 2021  euro4 Himalayan (wife's)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #62 on: August 20, 2019, 01:32:04 pm
deal on the black Himalayan has fallen through as the guy now wants to keep it for himself. doesn't matter much as I was only saving $1000 which is nothing really! ive already bought some accessories so tomorrow I will have to ring a few dealers and line something up personally...lol
worst of all I got my withdrawal of sale by TEXT!

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #63 on: August 22, 2019, 01:47:52 am
Yet another shitty dealer?
He already accepted your deposit, so how can he back out on the deal?
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #64 on: August 22, 2019, 02:25:06 am
no he kept holding off taking the deposit as he said he was on the road and couldn't give bank details. actually its worse than that. I wasn't texted at all. wife said she got the message via the gumtree ad. who knows if I had dropped the $1000 deposit I may have lost it...lol

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #65 on: August 23, 2019, 07:46:06 pm
    Noraly and her tough little Bastanti are home. No more "Let's go" for a while.

Patagonia to Alaska is next.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #66 on: August 24, 2019, 02:20:17 am
Yah.
I feel some withdrawal pains coming on.

At least she said something about making a few videos a week for a while.
They could be interesting if she talks about Basanti and her plans for the next adventure.

For that matter, I would like to see her ride around in the Netherlands and show us what's on the backroads in that country.  I'm sure there are dozens of little out of the way places she could ride to and I know that I for one would be very interested in seeing them, plus it would give her something to do besides sitting on her butt on a nice cushy sofa in the living room.
I'm sure she will be better off keeping the callus on her butt healthy.  Nothing worse than a thin skinned butt if your going to take a long motorcycle ride.  :o ;D
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #67 on: August 27, 2019, 05:00:40 pm
   Noraly has published a full review of the bike so "Let's go"!   :) :)   

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #68 on: August 27, 2019, 05:51:00 pm
She said that she had problems with the "bearings" in the front and had to have them replaced twice.  Problem is, she didn't say if they were wheel bearings or the ones in the steering head.  Hmmmmm.

Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #69 on: August 27, 2019, 07:03:01 pm
She said that she had problems with the "bearings" in the front and had to have them replaced twice.  Problem is, she didn't say if they were wheel bearings or the ones in the steering head.  Hmmmmm.

I would guess steering head, wouldn't you?

I still have a tiny clunk from my '08's front end when I get it down off the center stand no matter what I do.

I've set the torque on it quite a few times over the past 9 years and yes, I do know how to do it correctly because of this forum, and I still have that little clunk. It's perfectly OK, to all intents and purposes, when underway, however. Never hear a sound from it.

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #70 on: August 27, 2019, 09:26:49 pm
Finally, someone complained about the Himalayan windscreen! And it was none other than Noraly in her latest video. In another thread Richard230 found an add on piece that i'll have to look into. The big issue now will be coming to terms with letting my Shiver 750 go, decisions,decisions. :( :(
Roverman.

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #71 on: August 28, 2019, 08:06:16 am
         I would guess steering head, wouldn't you?
I got the impression that she meant steering head bearings, did she not point at that area while she was saying it - or is that my imagination?

Frank

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #72 on: August 28, 2019, 02:19:36 pm
Yup, head bearings for sure.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #73 on: August 28, 2019, 05:53:42 pm
Apart from the achievement of piloting a bike alone that whole long slog, I am still in awe of the fact that she ALSO managed to document the whole trip so very well. I mean, what with filming and editing and uploading it all regularly (How tedious must it be to upload a video from a yurt in Tajikistan?), when the hell did she even sleep?

Whatta gal!

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #74 on: August 30, 2019, 05:58:16 pm
In Noraly's latest video, she explains that there is no way she can register Basanti in Holland.
The bike doesn't meet the European motorcycle requirements plus it was never in her name.  (Because it was bought in India and they don't register Indian motorcycles to foreigners so it was registered in a friends name.)

Anyway, she got a hell of a deal from the importer who traded a brand new, free, Himalayan for Basanti.
She named her new motorcycle "Dhanno" and mentioned that people in India would understand and the name was very fitting for the bike.

Being curious, I did some web research and found, "The Rest Of The Story" (as Paul Harvey used to say on his radio show).

In a Indian, Bollywood Movie called "Sholay" there is a outgoing, talkative village girl, who makes her living by ferrying people from one place to another.  The girls name is Basanti.  The horse that pulls Basanti's cart is named Dhanno.

If it works, here is a link to Noraly's video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phtlcrvc5ZI
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #75 on: August 30, 2019, 06:25:09 pm
In Noraly's latest video, she explains that there is no way she can register Basanti in Holland.
The bike doesn't meet the European motorcycle requirements plus it was never in her name.  (Because it was bought in India and they don't register Indian motorcycles to foreigners so it was registered in a friends name.)

Anyway, she got a hell of a deal from the importer who traded a brand new, free, Himalayan for Basanti.
She named her new motorcycle "Dhanno" and mentioned that people in India would understand and the name was very fitting for the bike.

Being curious, I did some web research and found, "The Rest Of The Story" (as Paul Harvey used to say on his radio show).

In a Indian, Bollywood Movie called "Sholay" there is a outgoing, talkative village girl, who makes her living by ferrying people from one place to another.  The girls name is Basanti.  The horse that pulls Basanti's cart is named Dhanno.

If it works, here is a link to Noraly's video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phtlcrvc5ZI

She earned the respect of that dealer and it worked out perfectly. For both of them.

I predicted early on that she would never ever be able to get the original bike legalized. I know from long experience how that DMV/Federal government shit works. I know people who had their cars crushed never having even started them, let alone drive them, after they came off the boat.

I also never thought it was a good idea to try to make Basanti go from Patagonia to Alaska. The bike has just been through too much already.

I wish her and her sponsors all the best and I can't wait for it all to start  :) :)

AK Mike

• Scooter
Reply #76 on: August 30, 2019, 08:21:48 pm
Yup, head bearings for sure.
So what head bearings are you guys replacing the OEM with?  Is there a better aftermarket one out there?

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #77 on: August 31, 2019, 10:39:04 pm
        She earned the respect of that dealer and it worked out perfectly. For both of them.

I haven't watched the video yet, but...  what's in it for the dealer?  What's he  going to do with a bike that can't be registered?

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #78 on: August 31, 2019, 10:44:55 pm
I haven't watched the video yet, but...  what's in it for the dealer?  What's he  going to do with a bike that can't be registered?

He is going to put it on display to illustrate the Himalayan's utility and reliability when traveling off the beaten path.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #79 on: September 01, 2019, 01:00:41 am

It's a "Perfect" PR object, thing, whatever. It could generate some terrific PR campaigns.

Noraly has almost 200,000 Subscribed watchers, 10X that unsubscribed. Imagine if they were to somehow connect the ad with her Youtube videos.  Just the use of her name is important ("You too can do what Noraly did"). Anything can sell anything now; it just has to be hooked to the right media.

Think if that dealer has "the rights" to Noraly's name and work product. He could sell it to anyone. Royal Enfield maybe  :)

I hope she has a lawyer.

Have you seen the car ads now that look more like dog ads? Or Let's move in together and sign a lease"? 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 01:12:04 am by tooseevee »

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #80 on: September 01, 2019, 01:03:39 pm
Think if that dealer has "the rights" to Noraly's name and work product. He could sell it to anyone. Royal Enfield maybe  :)

I hope she has a lawyer.

Well, if in the bargain she has somehow managed to give up the rights to her own first name - maybe she could just change the spelling?

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #81 on: September 01, 2019, 04:49:44 pm

Well, "Basanti" is arguably the most famous Enfield in the world. Who cares if she's "street legal" in Utrecht? If she isn't trucked in as a featured display at the Earls Court and every other major motorcycle show for bragging rights, then each and every dumbshit in the Royal Enfield Marketing Department needs to be shown the door. I'm just surprised the folks in Chennai snoozed through this. Now they'll have to cut a deal with those local stooges. Noraly doesn't so much need a lawyer as such as an agent.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #82 on: September 01, 2019, 06:07:00 pm
Well, if in the bargain she has somehow managed to give up the rights to her own first name - maybe she could just change the spelling?

Lord knows many have. It's almost as bad as NUKUler :( :(

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #83 on: September 01, 2019, 06:14:18 pm
Well, "Basanti" is arguably the most famous Enfield in the world. Who cares if she's "street legal" in Utrecht? If she isn't trucked in as a featured display at the Earls Court and every other major motorcycle show for bragging rights, then each and every dumbshit in the Royal Enfield Marketing Department needs to be shown the door. I'm just surprised the folks in Chennai snoozed through this. Now they'll have to cut a deal with those local stooges. Noraly doesn't so much need a lawyer as such as an agent.

Yes. A really smart, honest (if there IS such a thing) one who can help her miss all the potholes in modern "social media" advertising.

And you are correct; if the so-called RE PR people have missed this they are, indeed, totally clueless. There might be stuff going on we don't know about, but the "new" RE Company here has shown me absolutely Nuthing! :o

And Chennai is out of water with no way that I can see to remediate it. More people are going to die (AGAIN) because of politics. Same as here. Everything (Yes-EVERYthing!) is in a total state of clusterfuckness because of what we have allowed POLITICS and social discourse and how things work to become since the end of WW2. 

We could go further back to explain why we're where we are now, but why bother?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 06:23:47 pm by tooseevee »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #84 on: September 01, 2019, 10:13:09 pm
Speaking of RE PR: I was talking today with a acquaintance that I know who bought a Himalayan about 6 months ago. He told me that he received a phone call from India last week apparently asking him how he liked his bike.  He was asked a number of questions, but he said that between a very poor connection (can you here me now?   ::)  ) and a strong Indian accent, he didn't have much of a clue what he was being asked and he just responded with grunts and OK's. He then told the person to call back later when they could get somewhere with a better cell reception.

I asked him why they didn't contact him via email and he told me that he lives in the boondocks (or was it a hole?) and has no internet service.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #85 on: September 02, 2019, 01:13:16 am
Noraly and the dealer have set up a social event to be held at the "Lowlands Biker Store" in Zwolle (wherever that is.)

She, Basanti and Dhanno will be there on September 14 from before noon to 5 PM.

She sent an E-Mail out telling folks about this but this forums software won't let me copy it here.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #86 on: September 02, 2019, 01:54:04 am
In case you weren't already thoroughly smitten by that formidable lass, here's a shot of her from one of her previous travels astride a Mongolian pony...

To which one may only add...

« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 01:57:14 am by Bilgemaster »

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #87 on: September 02, 2019, 08:25:42 pm
Well I wasn't going to go this year but if Noraly emails that she and 'the gang' will be at Motorcycle Live in the UK this year then I'm going.

Signed photo please lol.

The wife already calls Noraly 'my other woman' hahahaha

*edit*

Also, it may be (if all the guessing is correct) that Noraly will be appearing in an interview with The Missenden Flyer on his YouTube channel.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 08:51:02 pm by Carlsberg Wordsworth »

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #88 on: September 03, 2019, 01:25:15 am
Ok, so I finally watched the video - clear answers to my question.

But the buried lead... whoever makes her sporty base-layer shirt also makes lampshades!  Why isn't anyone talking about this?!?

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #89 on: September 03, 2019, 02:37:12 am
Really?
Well, that lamp shade certainly looks good on her.  :) 
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #90 on: September 03, 2019, 07:19:19 pm
In case you weren't already thoroughly smitten by that formidable lass, here's a shot of her from one of her previous travels astride a Mongolian pony...
 >:(
To which one may only add...

This 2nd picture is for some reason just a blank for me. The one with the pony is fine.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #91 on: September 03, 2019, 09:53:11 pm
     This 2nd picture is for some reason just a blank for me. The one with the pony is fine.

Some censor in the EU doesn't like you.    ;)