Author Topic: Gas Cap Key Help  (Read 11426 times)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 03:13:27 pm
Great news for those in need of a (formerly) unobtainable key...nice work Bilgemaster! Quite a sexy medieval (almost) lock lady too!

In reference to Heloego's screw on cap link, I replaced my locking UCE cap long ago (due to bad mechanism and profuse leaking) with the kit from "H", and am very happy with it. Great quality, seals tight, and shiney!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 03:28:45 pm by Narada »
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #16 on: April 19, 2019, 03:19:42 am
Actually, it's hats off to "Solg" and his locksmith "Goldilocks" for the find that's "just right". I'm just cross-referencing to make this tequila-and-valve-collet abuse seminar maybe  resemble something more like a "knowledge database" to those who may stumble in here later...
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

RobertDepp

• Neophyte
Reply #17 on: December 31, 2021, 11:21:10 am
I got the keys from auto locksmith near me but they charged me a bit high for the key. Did anyone here had called them for getting the key?

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: December 31, 2021, 02:59:52 pm
Glad l don’t have a locking fuel cap and a screw type one those keys look difficult to cut.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #19 on: December 31, 2021, 09:36:50 pm
Glad l don’t have a locking fuel cap and a screw type one those keys look difficult to cut.

Indeed. And as I'd mentioned long ago on this Forum, unless one had a locking fuel petcock to match (and there are such things available from some Indian eBay vendors), a locking fuel cap is scarcely a solution to fuel theft, since anyone could just yank off the fuel line at the carb and help themselves. Still, I suppose it might give one some piece of mind against nimbly psychotic ex-girlfriends or disgruntled goats from urinating in one's fuel tank (And why the hell do  I have a goat emoji?: 🐐 )

When quadrupeds bear you ill will
they'll line up for "payback"

« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 09:44:56 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: January 01, 2022, 06:46:18 pm
I remember the days of the old brits none had a locking cap, we have brazen petrol thieves to thank for that of course. And of course what a lovely smiling happy lady, that last one sounds worse than ethanol sod those goats.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 06:52:27 pm by Carl Fenn »