Author Topic: Any interest in Scooter Bob/Gashhouse Gorilla hot-rod UCE  (Read 2031 times)

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
I purchased a crate UCE from RE of Ft Worth and sent the cylinder upwards to Scooter Bob for high compression piston and valve/rocker arm work.  I received cams, etc from Gashouse Gorilla.  I still haven't assembled the UCE and am not sure I will.  It will come with at least two throttle bodies, Power Commander with Autotune, and exhaust pipe with "sharkfin" muffler.  I'm thinking $3K.  Would anybody be interested in this UCE?

That leaves the remainder of the 2016 Classic 500 in Lagoon Blue.  Farkles include a Givi Monokey Top Case Mount, H&B C-Bow Brackets with one H&B Legacy Courier saddlebag (I lost the other), Koso Apollow Heated Grips and new (unmounted) Dunlop K70s.  I'm thinking $750.  Would anybody be interested in this chassis?

UCE and Chassis are in San Diego.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 06:00:56 pm
A Lagoon Blue Royal Hot Rod for $3750.00?  :o This is will be one gorgeous and rare bike when assembled!

If anyone is looking for a Classic 500, (and can put it together), this is the one to buy!!!  8)

I would buy it in a second if I didn't already have my Chrome / Maroon!

I can attest, SB/GHG w/ PC-V & Auto tune is a really nice way to go, and a '16 Lagoon Blue bike??? OMG!  :o

You must have your reasons for bailing Bert, but If you were to stay the course, you would have one awesome bike.  ;) 
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 06:06:06 am
Man, if I didn't already have two REs... 8)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 02:53:53 am
Yes Narada your insight is correct.  And you have one of the Top 10 best looking UCEs

After my 2016 UCE exhaust valve separated into two parts, I decided that while some horsepower is good, more horsepower is better.  I bought a crate engine and send the upper half to Scooter Bob for his magic touch.  Gashouse Gorilla contributed performance goodies of course.  But SB lives near the Canadian border and his workshop isn't heated.  So while waiting for Spring I saw a gorgeous White Moto Guzzi Norge on Cycle Trader and bought it the next day.  Woohoo 100 more horsepower.  And that Norge was flat out Itallian gorgeous!!!  As usual I joined several MG forums.  In 2019 one of them raffled an MG which I won.  Not needing a fourth motorcycle, I gave it back to the forum who sold it to a losing ticketholder to buy cyber security software.  But then my circumstances changed and I no longer would be making overnight out-of-town trips.  So I gave the track Mustang to a niece, the track Integra to a nephew, and the Norge to another nephew.  Then in 2020 the forum announced a raffle by an MG dealer whereupon I won a 2019 V7 III Stone in Rosso Rovente. I almost turned it down and then realized it would be the perfect Urban Assault Vehicle.  Since the motorcycle was "free" I spent $10K on Embrace-the-Red stuff.  Including a Red Roadcrafter Classic and matching gloves.  But I'm getting old (you can already tell from this tale I'm stupid) and I need to help build a friend's SCTA roadster, etc.  This involves an hour-long commute which is fine as is the ride back.  But six hours of work in-between makes for an unsafe ride home due to fatigue.  And driving the Windstar (which I bought from my father-in-law's estate as a favor) makes me gag.  So I bought a 2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 with RT-622 trailer.  Nice backrest, great wind protection, cruise control.  Don't get a 3-wheeler unless you're desperate like me.  But it's the solution I needed for freeway commutes to 6-hour work days.

At this point I had too many ponies in the stable.  Which one would be set free?  It ended up being the RE.

Sunday if circumstances I'll put together an inventory and publish it with pictures.

Regarding payment, you can make the first one in 2022 if you want.  Just one thing -- no PayPal.  Big pain getting my money from them (eg, Guaire's payments for the C5 I sold him are still locked up in PP).  Sending me a personal check after you've received and inspected the delivery is fine.  I want this transfer to work for you so you can put the RE back on the road where it belongs.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 07:12:46 am
Gosh, what a story! All the best.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 02:59:04 am
heloego -- you won't have three REs.  You'll have two with the 2012 UCE on the workbench waiting for its upgrades.  Just an easy 2-day drive to Descanso.  If you bring a trailer, I'll throw a 2000 BMW R1100RT on the back to keep the SB/GG UCE company.  It will include all the parts to replace the slipping clutch plus other stuff.  You'd be doing me a favor.

GSS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 03:31:21 pm
This is truly a steal!  I already have a teal/chrome ScooterBob/GHG hot rod, and these boys do an amazing job!

Will be looking forward to seeing ScooterBob and admire his collection of vintage toys as soon as our tundra-land thaws and vaccines make it safer to visit.
2022 Continental GT 650 Dux Deluxe
2019 Himalayan Snow
2019 Interceptor 650 - Chrome...off the first boat!
Previous REs:
2021 Meteor 350 Supernova Blue
2014 Continental GT 535 - Red...lowest VIN off the first boat!
2010 Classic 500 - Teal Chrome

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 12:34:56 am
My 2019 Moto Guzzi was running and my 2016 Royal Enfield needed its SB/GG to be assembled, tuned, etc.  One had to leave the stable and today it was the MG.

I'll be ordering the various engine assembly parts (gaskets, etc) tomorrow.  And then I'll need help from Narada, et al on clocking the camshafts, adjusting the pushrods, etc. I'm aiming for a Fall ride.

Silverback

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 05:28:53 pm
Wow wish I would have seen this in january.
2011 uce classic 500,  carb converted and trails bars.