Author Topic: Fork lock position  (Read 713 times)

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
on: October 18, 2020, 05:15:31 pm
Did Redditch built bullets lock their forks to the right or is that an Indian built trait. Did Redditch bullets have side stands? I realize if the bike only has a center stand this would not matter.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 07:33:45 pm
From H's -
https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/Used-Parts-and-Bikes/Stands/39333
Apparently these were a popular item even in early days. First opportunity I have to get my triple tree off, the lock tab BS gets the Makita. Carry a robust cable & lock if you want theft resilience. If you loop it thru the wheels, at least there'll be a rolling chassis when you return... :o - ACR -
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:37:39 pm
Ah, so there was a side stand on the brit built models. I just think its odd that my bullet locks the bars to the right when every other bike locks left. Locking left makes it less tippy on the side stand . How about the U.C.E bikes, do they lock on the left? That neck lock is only there to keep an honest person honest....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 09:41:41 pm by cyrusb »
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 10:49:49 pm
And there's these spiked jewels. They apparently fit in the tapered passenger peg/sidecar? lug, so are ambidextrous so to speak. Problem sol-ved!  ;D - ACR -

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-shop/Stands-Accessories/18992
PART No. 37188A ; PROP STAND ASSEMBLY ; £44.00   In Stock
PROP STAND ASSEMBLY
This is the original style prop stand as fitted to the 1950's Redditch and and early Indian Bullets. Whilst it is not as practical as the stands fitted to the later Bullets it gives a nice retro look. **These are old stock and will require re-painting**

A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.