Author Topic: introductory  (Read 549 times)

johnakay

• Scooter
on: December 05, 2021, 08:20:06 pm
Hiya all just joined.
currently don't own a RE as yet.
more than likely the meteor later in the new year.
I like the classic 350 to but not all the chrome tank looks nice but the m/guards .look like to much work for me.
getting a new Forza 750 in jan 2022.
been a biker most of my life. at the age of 70 I think its time for more relax riding.
wife comes with me just about all the time and she loves it.
currently got an old Suzuki T500k which will be replace with an RE.
she smoke to much for my liking even though I had all the work done.
most of my speed these day on country roads is between 50/60 mph.
so the 350 will be ideal for local ride out and the Forza for long ride out.
oh and my name is John.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 08:33:18 pm
Welcome to the hoard of the archaic! The Meteor looks to be an excellent choice. It has more "beans" than the old pushrod 350, less maintenance & still retains a nice "thump". I myself find that 20 HP or so pushes me along the backroads about as fast as I'm willing to go anymore. More time to enjoy the scenery & smells, more heads-up time to brake for deer!  ;D
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 10:40:27 pm
Welcome aboard 'Johnakay', if only prospectively! I'm one if those greybeards still thumping around on one of those Iron Barrel Bullet 500 engineering fossils, but I've been fairly well impressed by those new Meteor 350s and their Classic brethren. If you just want to get out and about and smell the roses, it truly ain't a bad choice. Frankly, its newfangled performance is easily on par with my old 500 or better. The old ones have their undeniable primitivo virtues, but the new Meteor and it's ilk might have just a bit more on tap for modern roads.

So, where are you anyhow? You might do well to compete your profile for best results for many questions you may have in future, the answers to which can often depend on locality.

So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.