Author Topic: Electra 2005 Wiring harness  (Read 1139 times)

Debasis

• Neophyte
on: December 01, 2021, 01:39:59 pm
Hi Friends, Thanks for allowing me to be in this group. I am riding my Electra since 2005 seamlessly. Its a 4 gear (Right side) one without  self starter. Recently it has started showing some starting trouble and the service stations suggested for a change of wiring. But they are not finding the right one. Seems there are many variants of the wiring harness. How to get the right one and from where? Please help me. Thanks in advance-
Debasis

Freddy1

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 05:28:45 pm

Before changing the wiring I would try to change the service stations.

Forgive me, I wanted to be nice witty.

But I really think so.

richard211

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 05:53:59 am
Would you be able to upload a photo of the left side of your electra? It would give us a confirmation of what kind of alternator / ignition it has. Being that it's a 2005 Electra I suspect it's a TCI model.

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 11:14:26 pm
Before changing the harness l would run a check on the ignition system and check all connector for corrosion lose crimps etc, check coil HT leads and cap l have found from experience harnesses  can last 40 years and sill give good service.

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 11:58:15 pm
In fact my nephew gave me a view of-a bike he just rebuilt today for his daughter made a fine job of it but he is a design engineer, the harness on that is forty years old and functions perfectly l am sure it will last at least another 10 to 15 years she will be a teenager by then so the bike will be to small, proof they can last a long time your harness is just still a baby.