Author Topic: New Royal Enfield Book  (Read 616 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
on: November 25, 2021, 01:38:50 am
I just stumbled upon an interview in GQ India with Amrit Raj, author of a fairly recent book titled, Indian Icon: A Cult Called Royal Enfield about the history of the marque, particularly in its new Indian home, at: https://www.gqindia.com/gq-gears/content/why-royal-enfield-is-no-ordinary-a-motorcycle-brand-but-the-stuff-urban-legend/amp

It seems like it might be worth a read, and is now available in hardback, paperback or Kindle format at Amazon and elsewhere.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 12:24:02 pm
I just stumbled upon an interview in GQ India with Amrit Raj, author of a fairly recent book titled, Indian Icon: A Cult Called Royal Enfield about the history of the marque, particularly in its new Indian home, at: https://www.gqindia.com/gq-gears/content/why-royal-enfield-is-no-ordinary-a-motorcycle-brand-but-the-stuff-urban-legend/amp

It seems like it might be worth a read, and is now available in hardback, paperback or Kindle format at Amazon and elsewhere.

I might just pick that up for a Christmas present for myself being the history (of anything) nut that I am. And the writer of the blurb even uses the expression "home in on" correctly which is very unusual in these days of the language going down the shitter.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.