Author Topic: Headlight peak  (Read 5083 times)

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: December 01, 2021, 06:02:28 am
On the one screw ring, are there two tabs?
2022 Rocker Red Continental GT650

Pitch

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: December 01, 2021, 06:19:01 am
I don't think so, I have a 2020 interceptor, but the workshop manual pinned to the top of the board appears to be for the 2019 models, from the look of that there is only a single tab.

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2020 INT650 "Orange Crush"
Reply #17 on: December 07, 2021, 03:44:43 pm
Yep. And since we are offering opinions instead of answering the question, I love my goofy mesh grille. I also love my brown leather seat.

I actually like the mesh grill, but I'm not sure why. I've been considering ordering one for quite some time, but other stuff keeps knocking it out of the shopping cart.
“It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.”

- President George Washington

lucky phil

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: December 07, 2021, 08:50:33 pm
I actually like the mesh grill, but I'm not sure why. I've been considering ordering one for quite some time, but other stuff keeps knocking it out of the shopping cart.

Because you've got no taste?  ;)

Ciao
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2020 INT650 "Orange Crush"
Reply #19 on: December 07, 2021, 10:33:52 pm
Because you've got no taste?  ;)

Ciao

I don't need taste. I'm American.  ;)

Ciao
“It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.”

- President George Washington

hammer

• Bulleteer
Reply #20 on: December 07, 2021, 11:52:47 pm
Wonder if I can get 3 of them on to go around the entire headlight.

lucky phil

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: December 08, 2021, 06:07:26 am
I don't need taste. I'm American.  ;)

Ciao

Well there is that ;)

Ciao
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Adelaide, South Aust- Conti GT 650 2019
Reply #22 on: December 08, 2021, 06:48:27 am
Well there is that ;)

Ciao
I get a bit of a giggle at the retro- accuracy thing. I love that my bike harkens to a more romantic era, but to slavishly adhere to period sensibilities to me is nonsense. If I’d had one of the bikes of that era , I would have modded the shit out of it to the best of my abilities. As I’ve done to every vehicle I’ve ever owned. I know you don’t like my taillight Phil, but would I have stuck it on a classic bike In it’s day if it was available? You betcha.
To me that’s what the whole cafe movement was about.
Minimalist. I’d probably have wet myself over lighter plastic mudguards to shed the weight of those chrome monsters. But I love the look of a classic, and I wouldn’t dream of butchering a classic now. I’d sell my soul for a Vincent, no matter how obsolete the technology is. But a $10 k modern retro’s a great toy. My desire is to make mine look like that old bike I would have barstardised In it’s day. I know I’ve gone a little sideways, but what the hey?! I think it was the title of the thread that got me started😁
Edit- actually, upon reflection, wasn’t the first thing we did to our K2 etc Hondas was piss off the front chrome guard and fit a tiny plastic’bikini’ guard, for example?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 06:53:44 am by Starpeve »
I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

lucky phil

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: December 08, 2021, 11:26:09 pm
I get a bit of a giggle at the retro- accuracy thing. I love that my bike harkens to a more romantic era, but to slavishly adhere to period sensibilities to me is nonsense. If I’d had one of the bikes of that era , I would have modded the shit out of it to the best of my abilities. As I’ve done to every vehicle I’ve ever owned. I know you don’t like my taillight Phil, but would I have stuck it on a classic bike In it’s day if it was available? You betcha.
To me that’s what the whole cafe movement was about.
Minimalist. I’d probably have wet myself over lighter plastic mudguards to shed the weight of those chrome monsters. But I love the look of a classic, and I wouldn’t dream of butchering a classic now. I’d sell my soul for a Vincent, no matter how obsolete the technology is. But a $10 k modern retro’s a great toy. My desire is to make mine look like that old bike I would have barstardised In it’s day. I know I’ve gone a little sideways, but what the hey?! I think it was the title of the thread that got me started😁
Edit- actually, upon reflection, wasn’t the first thing we did to our K2 etc Hondas was piss off the front chrome guard and fit a tiny plastic’bikini’ guard, for example?

Taste and style are an interesting topic with regards to motorcycles and cars. My views are pretty well defined and considered. I was actually in a Harley Dealership yesterday and they had on display one of the new Harley Adventure bikes. What an over styled horrible piece of shit those things are. So much of it has been "stylised" from the engine to the bodywork, efffing awful. By comparison the BMW R1250GS appearance is largely dictated by it's function and it looks like something that's meant to do the task at hand. It's design has an honesty about it, just as an example. I won't even get started on the Harley electric bike except to say I'd rather drive a Morris 1100 than ride that abomination. It looks like someone mounted a couple of wheels on a telegraph pole transformer. If that's the future of motorcycling I'm out of it.

Ciao   
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: December 08, 2021, 11:32:51 pm
So, because I have an overwhelming need for symmetry, I swapped out my rear turn indicators from U.S. round to everywhere else rectangle.
 Not the front, just the rear. Why you ask?
Because the front has a round headlight, so it needs round turn indicators.
The taillight is rectangular so it needs rectangular turn lights!
 But thats just me.

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: December 09, 2021, 12:02:00 am
So, because I have an overwhelming need for symmetry, I swapped out my rear turn indicators from U.S. round to everywhere else rectangle.
 Not the front, just the rear. Why you ask?
Because the front has a round headlight, so it needs round turn indicators.
 But thats just me.
👍 Your Bike YOUR CALL 👍
2020 RE 650 GT (Mr Clean)
2014 C5
56 MGA
58 Healey 3000 (Resto in Progress)
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid
Tipo 184 Kit ordered & awaiting delivery for build👍

Yinzer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Pittsburgh, Pa.
Reply #26 on: December 09, 2021, 03:41:50 am

:o I just found myself thinking about that for a long time.

...and now I can't seem to stop ::)
2022 Interceptor MkIII (My bike)
1998 Iron Bullet 500 (Shared bike)
2023 Hunter 350 (Dad's bike)

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: December 09, 2021, 01:44:54 pm
:o I just found myself thinking about that for a long time.

...and now I can't seem to stop ::)

My job is done😉

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: December 09, 2021, 01:56:30 pm
My job is done😉

That's Evil - Funny but Evil👍🤣🤣
2020 RE 650 GT (Mr Clean)
2014 C5
56 MGA
58 Healey 3000 (Resto in Progress)
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid
Tipo 184 Kit ordered & awaiting delivery for build👍

Haggisman2

• Grease Monkey
  • 2018 Interceptor
Reply #29 on: December 09, 2021, 09:53:20 pm
A friend of mine used to have white wall tyres on the driver side and plain black tyres on the kerb side of his car, I asked him why. He said the drivers side was the side most people looked at.
It used to agitate my OCD lots
Previously "Haggisman"