Author Topic: Show Those Sidecar Rigs  (Read 32301 times)

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
on: September 19, 2018, 03:56:07 am
My 2014 Royal Enfield with a Cozy sidecar.

Grant
2016 Royal Enfield Continental GT
2014 Royal Enfield C5 With Cozy Euro Sidecar

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 03:49:14 pm
VERY nicely done!
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 07:24:20 pm
Thank you heloego. My passenger loves to ride in it. Now winter is on its way, I need to find a good way to attach the side curtains to the sidecar while the top is up to keep the pup happy when it's cold. I've tried Velcro with out any success.

Grant

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 03:26:26 am
Try tucking the forward edge of the side curtains inside the windshield. There will still be a bit of billow at speed, but it does work.
My tub is currently out of service while I deal with the C5. Once that issue is rectified the Bonnie gets the tub, and away we go!
'12 C5 Classic

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 02:47:45 am
Heloego, Thanks for the reply.

My cursing speed is almost always about 60 +/- a couple of mph (a few GHG tweaks were done to achieve those speeds) due to any wind or the terrane. That being said I find the tucking of the side curtains behind the windshield is not work for me, could be that I have not attached the top to the sidecar properly.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 04:31:47 pm
Heloego, Thanks for the reply.

My cursing speed is almost always about 60 +/- a couple of mph (a few GHG tweaks were done to achieve those speeds) due to any wind or the terrane. That being said I find the tucking of the side curtains behind the windshield is not work for me, could be that I have not attached the top to the sidecar properly.

Could you install a bunch of these to help your wind problem? :

https://www.ebay.com/i/111712464039?chn=ps

There are other types of these things that snap On and Off.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 04:36:08 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 07:39:53 pm
Those have been considered, where to place them so the side windows can be secured on unsecured from both inside and outside of the sidecar.

Grant

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 01:05:00 am
Did your car come with the studs to attach the tonneau cover? If so, the side cover can be attached at that point simply by adding a grommet to the cover. Easy enough.
If you want an alternate attach point inside the car, you can drill out the two pop rivets of the stud, place another stud inside the wall, and use pop rivets to secure them both. You should get slightly longer pop rivets, easily available at any hardware store.
Note: The studs are hard enough to turn and lock in place even with only one grommet installed. Useful to keep a small pair of needle-nosed pliers handy so you can pull it catch out and turn to lock.
'12 C5 Classic

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 01:58:34 am
That Enfield rig is Gorgeous Grant, looks great with that Cozy. My C5's a Chrome Maroon too so I could be just a little biased! Lol!

Here's my 2012 Scrambler, Ardeneshwar. Just swapped stock 5-1/2" black plastic headlight for chrome Bonneville 7"and Bonneville headlight brackets, which brought the turn signals up beside headlight instead of below (used to look like a t-rex! :o).

Ignition switch came up onto headlight bracket also.  :)  Stock Scrambler ignition switch location on forks, interfered with steering dampener and had to be bent forward for clearance. paint cracked, rust ran down forks, and looked terrible.  :P

Beautiful now. :)  Also lost old fly-screen, and put on new medium sized Triumph windshield.  Still sporting Thruxton exhaust.

Upgraded brakes to EBC chelated pads and EBC rotors with stainless steel caliper pins.  Stops quicker now, but rear locks up easier. ???

Just did DGR with rig! Tally Ho!  8)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 02:13:51 am by Narada »
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 11:12:38 pm
Heloego,

It did come with studs and a tonneau cover, I did receive two studs with the top. My enclosure may be of a different design from yours, the top attaches via velcro to the outside of the sidecar windshield leaving side curtains unattached, they can possibly be tucked to the inside of the windshield but it looks as if wind would catch where the material transitions from the from the top to the side curtains. A photo will show a better description of what I perceive to be a problem, I will post one later.

Narada,

I like the looks of your rig especially with the 7" headlamp upgrade. I do remember reading about the changes to it here on this forum.

My C5 has quite a number of changes/upgrades to assist in tugging the car, PCV, AT200, Pete's Cams and Twin Fin manifold, free flowing exhaust system and the brakes were upgraded to EBC with stainless line. Engine changes let it cruise at 55-60 in 5th gear without any complaint as long as there are no strong headwind or steep grades.

Grant

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 04:01:50 am
Photos where side curtains meet windshield,

Grant

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 12:38:03 pm
   I installed one of the grommets that came with the car to the lower corner of the flap so it will fit nicely over the catch seen below the flap.
   You may need a pair of pliers to pull the catch out enough to turn it, but it does hold the flap very securely once in position.
   Then tuck the rest of the flap back inside the windshield.
   I'l find the pics I've already taken, or take some more to illustrate, and post soon.
'12 C5 Classic

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 04:17:23 pm
Thank you.

Grant

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 06:28:27 pm
Just checked Imgur from work. No pics that will help, so I'll take one when I get home and put it up here.
'12 C5 Classic

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 11:02:53 pm
Like this. If necessary, some Velcro on the inside of the windshield can help.
'12 C5 Classic