Author Topic: 2016 Royal enfield Classic 350 - chicken Head Ignition switch installation  (Read 15696 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Installation of the chicken head knob I bought 3 years ago but never used so decided to put it on my 350 today. See video clip

https://youtu.be/dQlt46qnNg0
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 03:14:48 am by wildbill »

mike_bike_kite

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 06:13:29 pm
Now you just need a stem nut clock to complete the look.
2018 C5 Pegasus + NC750X + Vespa GT + Vespa GTS

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 03:10:59 am
yeah I might go down that road too. I have heaps of accessories to load up to my channel for this bike so who knows. next up will be the exhaust

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead

Haggis

• Grand Gearhead
Spare switch knob from my 1953 Matchless.
Off route, recalculate?

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
After a month just sitting there its was my very first ride out on the Street Scrambler and a bit of a surprise one at that!

https://youtu.be/3umGtwnWRog

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
trying out my new KTM DUKE 390

https://youtu.be/z8ysgDzoVNg

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
That is an impressive hunk of rock.

I also enjoyed the didgeridoo music.  Well, maybe enjoy isn't quite the right words for it.
Every time I hear those sounds I always seem to get a weird feeling.  It isn't fear.  More like a very uneasy feeling deep down inside me but strangely, I like the sounds.

Thanks for sharing.   :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead

I also enjoyed the didgeridoo music.  Well, maybe enjoy isn't quite the right words for it.
Every time I hear those sounds I always seem to get a weird feeling.  It isn't fear.  More like a very uneasy feeling deep down inside me but strangely, I like the sounds.

Thanks for sharing.   :)

Sub Harmonics.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
yeah I had to buy that music to put it on the clip. but it went with the theme ok. I don't expect to go back in a hurry as its a pretty long and endless haul out in the middle of no-where.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Ah, but it's a SACRED middle of no-where to some...  :-X

I read that the impending anti-erosion ban on tourists climbing what was more commonly known as Ayers Rock has only succeeded in bringing in MORE rock-climbing tourists eager to beat the deadline!

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Sub Harmonics.

ELF can send signals around the world. Like Noralys voice :)  And the didgaridoo.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Ah, but it's a SACRED middle of no-where to some...  :-X

I read that the impending anti-erosion ban on tourists climbing what was more commonly known as Ayers Rock has only succeeded in bringing in MORE rock-climbing tourists eager to beat the deadline!

A.

It's not so much an erosion mitigation strategy as a cultural respect thing. The rock is a special place to the traditional land owners and they'd prefer it was treated more respectfully than as an amusement.

But you're right. While they still can, some will.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
It's not so much an erosion mitigation strategy as a cultural respect thing. The rock is a special place to the traditional land owners and they'd prefer it was treated more respectfully than as an amusement.

But you're right. While they still can, some will.

Quite right. Look at the life-threatening clusterfuck Everest has become.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
"Chickenhead" has had interesting slang usages, now mostly passe: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickenhead_(sexuality)
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
I've never heard of "chickenhead" being used as a slang term.  I have heard of "chickenshit" though.  In fact, I've known several people who deserved that title.

The name I see being used for what is basically a bean bag toss contest is a good example of why people should be careful before they start using slang terms.  They call it a "Cornhole contest". ::)

Now, when I was young, we used that term all the time but it wasn't complimentary and it didn't have a thing to do with throwing a bag of something thru a hole in a board.

No.  Where I come from cornhole was another term for anal sex.  :o 8)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
I've never heard of "chickenhead" being used as a slang term.  I have heard of "chickenshit" though.  In fact, I've known several people who deserved that title.

The name I see being used for what is basically a bean bag toss contest is a good example of why people should be careful before they start using slang terms.  They call it a "Cornhole contest". ::)

Now, when I was young, we used that term all the time but it wasn't complimentary and it didn't have a thing to do with throwing a bag of something thru a hole in a board.

Same here.  (Wyoming in the'40s and '50s). Where men were men and sheep were nervous.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead

[...Snip!]

Knowledge of the fact that there is an American Cornhole Association with avid practitioners throughout this great land of ours ready to throw down at a moment's notice right there in public must really keep you looking over your shoulder with the bike in gear at traffic lights, Huh?

As for "cornhole", I believe the derivation of the term may have to do with the folksy Pre-Mr. Whipple practice of using dried corncobs instead of toilet paper back in more rugged times than ours.

"Uh-Oh! Looks like the Association caught another
one going for those pickles on the bottom shelf."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 02:21:29 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
       Where men were men and sheep were nervous.

Easy now, I was trying to swallow coffee when I read that and almost drown.
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
As for "cornhole", I believe the derivation of the term may have to do with the folksy Pre-Mr. Whipple practice of using dried corncobs instead of toilet paper back in more rugged times than ours.

I grew up with an outhouse to the age of 11 (1949). We used the Sears catalog, not corn cobs because we didn't grow much corn to speak of. It was NOT pleasant in the winter in Wyoming.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people

As for "cornhole", I believe the derivation of the term may have to do with the folksy Pre-Mr. Whipple practice of using dried corncobs instead of toilet paper back in more rugged times

That's bizarre. I always assumed it had to do with the undigested corn that comes out of that hole on occasion. Thanks for educating me.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
That's bizarre. I always assumed it had to do with the undigested corn that comes out of that hole on occasion. Thanks for educating me.

My dad grew up on a small farm in the Missouri Ozarks during the 1920's and he told me that they used corncobs in the old outhouse. When they ran out of cobs, the Sears Roebuck catalog got hung up in the pooper. As someone who grew up using Charmin, I had trouble visualizing wiping with corncobs or catalog paper, as in those days paper was a lot stiffer than paper is today. And besides I wanted to keep the Sears catalog woman's underwear and Allstate motorcycle sections around as long as possible for future reference, of course.  ;) 
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
My dad grew up on a small farm in the Missouri Ozarks during the 1920's and he told me that they used corncobs in the old outhouse. When they ran out of cobs, the Sears Roebuck catalog got hung up in the pooper. As someone who grew up using Charmin, I had trouble visualizing wiping with corncobs or catalog paper, as in those days paper was a lot stiffer than paper is today. And besides I wanted to keep the Sears catalog woman's underwear and Allstate motorcycle sections around as long as possible for future reference, of course.  ;)

See, your dad knew.

Our door also had an open space at the bottom for ventilation so while I was looking at the motorcycles and scooters (yeah, right) a chicken would wander in looking for bugs. I knew all the chickens every year from chicks and also had to kill one or two for Sunday dinner. We hung a piece of old rug over that space in the winter.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 02:31:11 pm by tooseevee »

Frogman8

• Scooter
Squeaky clean if you wash it. And no need for Preparation H either.
2011 G5: The 'new' 'Toofan' Mail. Thunderous name.. pedestrian pace
2008 Iron Barrel: Sold in a moment of madness
2001 Triumph Legend 900
2013 Kawasaki KLX 250, will ride someday
1991 Honda Nighthawk: Sold...Incredibly boring
1982 Honda Magna V45: Hmm
1988 Jawa/ Yezdi 350 twin: Many miles, more stor

chuychacon

• Bulleteer
  • TEAM BANZAI 88
chicken head switch to outhouse!
My outhouse has solar lighting ,gas heat ,and radio and real toilet paper, so I use it daily
Moto Guzzi Lemans 1980
Kawasaki 750 Twin Cafe 1982
Honda XL 350 older brothers age 18-20
Honda Dream 50cc hand me down age10-14

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
chicken head switch to outhouse!
My outhouse has solar lighting ,gas heat ,and radio and real toilet paper, so I use it daily

You must be one of the 1% that can afford a heated outhouse and real toilet paper.   ;D
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
You must be one of the 1% that can afford a heated outhouse and real toilet paper.   ;D

10 miles, uphill, both ways, in the snow, winter and summer... :) :)

Now, can we get back to those chicken-head knobs  ;D ;D :)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
       10 miles, uphill, both ways, in the snow, winter and summer... :) :)

Now, can we get back to those chicken-head knobs
;D ;D :)

Okeedokee! Wake me when someone uses a real  chickenhead knob for their Enfield's ignition.

"Cockadoodledoo, bitches!"
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 06:21:21 pm by Bilgemaster »

chuychacon

• Bulleteer
  • TEAM BANZAI 88
very funny people on this site
chicken head knob ! slang for a sex act!!
Moto Guzzi Lemans 1980
Kawasaki 750 Twin Cafe 1982
Honda XL 350 older brothers age 18-20
Honda Dream 50cc hand me down age10-14

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
I was wondering when, or if, one of our UK friends was going to run with the "knob" reference...

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
I was wondering when, or if, one of our UK friends was going to run with the "knob" reference...

Well, here in the Colonies "knobgobbler," while also poultry-related, clearly has more of a Thanksgiving turkey vibe, as in "gobble gobble gobble". Yet, depravities abound:  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dvbtu9sF5Kr0&ved=2ahUKEwiYzIjFzuzjAhWFjlkKHamsCMgQjjgwA3oECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1p7JBCyQw4CxtTHYDOs5sv

« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:31:46 pm by Bilgemaster »

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
well I might as well chime in. I won't have to worry about the chicken head idea any longer. after riding that 350 around I just couldn't do it any longer. in standard form I used to think a 500 was bad but the 350 well what can one say...
lucky for wildbill he always has a choice and thankfully its gone!
so next up on the list, not exactly sure at the moment as I want to get my bird and fishing channel going or trying to get it going  but I think I will buy either a new Himalayan in sleet or an interceptor in chrome
one or the other but probably not both!

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
well I might as well chime in. I won't have to worry about the chicken head idea any longer. after riding that 350 around I just couldn't do it any longer. in standard form I used to think a 500 was bad but the 350 well what can one say...
lucky for wildbill he always has a choice and thankfully its gone!

Well, just look at the sheer entertainment value your thread has provided!  It was worth it...

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Well, here in the Colonies "knobgobbler," while also poultry-related, clearly has more of a Thanksgiving turkey vibe, as in "gobble gobble gobble". Yet, depravities abound:  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dvbtu9sF5Kr0&ved=2ahUKEwiYzIjFzuzjAhWFjlkKHamsCMgQjjgwA3oECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1p7JBCyQw4CxtTHYDOs5sv

And... nope, I'm not gonna click on that link!  :-X

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead

I heard dozens of these "Brimley's" on Don Imus' show on the radio. Drivin' to work. Many years. Loved the man. And his brother, Fred. And Billy Sol.