Author Topic: Happy Birthday GT650  (Read 611 times)

George 350

• Lifetime with bikes
  • Scooter
on: March 01, 2021, 10:34:07 pm
March 1st -Just realised my 650 has reached its 2nd birthday of buying it. It was built Jan 2019.and is one of the earlier shipments to the the UK. 2 years old and still on original everything as I'm of the 'if I wanted a faster/comfier/noisier or whatever bike I would have bought a CBR1000/BMW/Hardley instead.
What has gone wrong with it? Nothing whatsoever.  I'm still on the Pirelli's- wasn't happy at first with the 'feel ', but after 3-400miles I began to get the feedback I sought so they will stay until worn out. No mods done, none planned as to me it isn't worth it - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (But I'm glad others do mods - makes aftermarket parts more likely when the time comes and the exhausts have rotted, levers worn out etc.).
Nearly time for salt free roads and regular riding again!
George
2019 RE Continental GT 650
1978 Morini 350 Sport
1967 Norton 650

Spicyred

• Ice Queenslander (Australia)
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 10:48:20 pm
March 1st -Just realised my 650 has reached its 2nd birthday of buying it. It was built Jan 2019.and is one of the earlier shipments to the the UK. 2 years old and still on original everything as I'm of the 'if I wanted a faster/comfier/noisier or whatever bike I would have bought a CBR1000/BMW/Hardley instead.
What has gone wrong with it? Nothing whatsoever.  I'm still on the Pirelli's- wasn't happy at first with the 'feel ', but after 3-400miles I began to get the feedback I sought so they will stay until worn out. No mods done, none planned as to me it isn't worth it - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (But I'm glad others do mods - makes aftermarket parts more likely when the time comes and the exhausts have rotted, levers worn out etc.).

Nearly time for salt free roads and regular riding again!
George

Nice one George.

Mine has the same build date too. Ten thousand k’s up now with zero commuting, all “pleasure” riding on secondary and tertiary country roads.
I changed the cans a week ago (AEWT102) at 10,000k and put 400k on it on Saturday. Very happy so far .......nice note, less bulbous look, little less weight, easier washing around rear of bike.

How many miles do you have now?
Current rides:
2021 Himalayan
2023 RNineT
Most recent:
2019 Ice Queen GT650

George 350

• Lifetime with bikes
  • Scooter
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 11:22:27 pm
Mileage: just up to 2000 miles, but I do share miles with 2 other bikes as well.
2020 was going to be the 'down to Spain' ride but Covid put paid to that.
Just hoping that the world will open up a bit this year so we can all get out and ride further than a day out from home.
2019 RE Continental GT 650
1978 Morini 350 Sport
1967 Norton 650