Author Topic: Planning a local get together  (Read 6435 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 10:12:53 pm
Indeed, when the weather's fine, as it was yesterday, that Blue Ridge Parkway, with its 45 mph speed limit throughout, is just about the best place on the planet you can take a Bullet. It's just SO gorgeous at some of those overlooks that it almost gets dull...After a couple of uninterrupted hours of serene and exquisite natural vistas you just yearn to see a burned out old muffler shop with some gibbering meth addicts hanging around. Skyline Drive, which leads into it from the north, is also sublime, but its $25 toll and 35 mph speed limit sort of quells my enthusiasm for it. 35's kind of an awkward sustained speed with my 5-speed. 45's just better.

Seriously though, anyone who can should make a special point of  riding that Blue Ridge Parkway, even if you have to trailer your ride there from far off.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

DavidGraves

• Grease Monkey
Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 12:54:25 am
Hello Bilgemaster

Glad the ride went well.

Did you just receive a PM from me ?

Somehow seems it did not send.

David Graves

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 01:33:36 am
Hello Bilgemaster

Glad the ride went well.

Did you just receive a PM from me ?

Somehow seems it did not send.

David Graves

Lemme check on the laptop. The mobile version of the Forum doesn't include the PM feature unless you wade through the browser menus to a checkbox for "View Desktop Site" or similar.

=======================

Update: Got your message and responded.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 02:38:46 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: August 28, 2019, 10:47:11 am
Check out the first annual "Royal Ramble" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBqPD3Nhmck
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.