Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1846255 times)

xrbeast

• Scooter
Reply #8250 on: April 09, 2022, 04:02:24 pm
I've also installed a free-flow header pipe on my classic 350 uce BS4, paired with an indori silencer. A bit too loud for my liking. So i ordered a universal DB killer, with intent to install it  and hoping to bring down the decibels a tiny bit.

Also, waiting for my main and idle jets, so i can up size them a little, to match the exhaust mods. I have also installed a the round K&N filter that fits in the stock airbox.

Relic

• Scooter
Reply #8251 on: April 22, 2022, 07:54:05 am
New rear tire day.

My back tire was toast after 8,600km (5,300 miles) and with the New Zealand winter approaching thought it timely to fit some new rubber.

The old tire was the OEM Ceat, same as fitted to the Bullet Trials. Grip was great but my recent ride around NZ's South Island chewed it up. The road chip is hard on relatively soft compound rubber.

I am fortunate to have a spare rear wheel with new Avon and disc etc already fitted so it was a simple matter of swapping the old wheel out and fitting the already shod replacement.

2021 Classic 500

Rad Rich

• Scooter
Reply #8252 on: April 25, 2022, 04:26:57 pm
I rode the hell out of it on Saturday.  Ended up with a nice run for Schoops burgers for the wife and I.

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8253 on: May 30, 2022, 10:32:22 am
Siblings together finally in the same garage👍 Finished enclosing carport to make space for the Healey Resto  - connection- Signed off on Healey paint combination this morning and close to the 2014 C5
2020 RE 650 GT (Mr Clean)
2014 C5
56 MGA
58 Healey 3000 (Resto in Progress)
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid
Tipo 184 Kit ordered & awaiting delivery for build👍

Relic

• Scooter
Reply #8254 on: July 10, 2022, 03:37:30 am
Its my bike's birthday - 1 year old, and it also turned 10,000kms (6,200miles) this week so I gave the bike the once over, cleaned the chrome and took it for a ride.

The miles have passed with much enjoyment and minimal issues. The rear wheel was replaced under warranty at ~2,500kms due to what looked like a bad batch of spokes. Royal Enfield and my dealer were fantastic with the warranty claim. A captive nut on the exhaust came loose while away on a ride and was easily welded back on. The only other factory part to fail was one of the centre stand springs that snapped earlier this month and shot across my garage when lifting the bike up after a run.

I feel very fortunate to have secured one of the last of the Classic 500's. Recently I've had a good look at the new Classic 350's and yes, they are great looking, well finished and have received very positive reviews, but there is just something about the UCE powered classic. I love the kick start, the excellent torque of the 500, and the (admittedly mild on this bike) vibration that comes from a large single.

Something tells me this bike will stay for some time yet.

2021 Classic 500

xrbeast

• Scooter
Reply #8255 on: July 30, 2022, 01:30:00 pm
i've reposition my needle clip upwards by 1 notch on my carb 350uce. Was bogging when full throttle and couldn't go pass 100km/h. With the new needle position, bogging is gone and now it goes up to 110km/h.

Main 117.5
idle jet 12.5
needle position topmost.

cone type air filter
original header
aftermarket indori exhaust with short baffle installed

top picture - plug check after needle position adjustment
bottom pic - before

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #8256 on: July 31, 2022, 07:54:34 am
Beating the crap out if some one  else's Royal Enfield, slogging through Spiti Region of Himalayas, ha ha! Bullets rule the mountains! 8)  :o

Monsoon rain just closed the road behind us, we're pressing on!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 07:57:26 am by Narada »
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

WnRn

• Scooter
  • 2011 C5 500 Classic "DugDug"
Reply #8257 on: September 01, 2022, 02:02:35 am
Was not today but a few days back put the old brit style seat back on that I had fitted before but, well I did not fit well enough. This time its fitted way better.  Also but a set of stainless replica Velocette handlebars on it. They came off my 56 Velocette Mac that I am doing work on so repurposed them for the time being.

The chief enemy of creativity is common sense (Pablo Picasso)

Frog

• Scooter
Reply #8258 on: September 01, 2022, 03:45:14 pm
Got home from the family emergency trip about 10 days ago, but have been too busy to do anything with the Rumbler.  Last night I hooked up the battery to the charger and topped it off, only took a couple of minutes at 2A setting. Then I started to put the battery back in place and was having a tough time doing it.  Then it sank in that my shed mate (the same guy that messes with my tools and wears my clothes) hadn't put the bike on the center stand - THAT's why the battery kept trying to slip out.  Once I popped it up onto the center stand the battery stayed put while attaching the terminals and adjusting the bracket to hold it in place. Once that was done I turned the key, punched the starter and she came alive! 

So this morning I dusted her off, wheeled her out of the garage, cranked her up and road into town to take care of some necessary chores.  It was good to be on two wheels again.

Me thinks I 'know' you from somewhere else......  :-)

WnRn

• Scooter
Reply #8259 on: September 04, 2022, 05:50:34 am
Dry sump UCE? Nah just made a fake oil tank out of a later model RE side cover. Just needs oil level decal.

oldphart

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8260 on: September 15, 2022, 11:03:12 am
I bought it  ;D

Shameless bragging to come once I've got it home (hopefully tomorrow)
Grandpa Slow

2021 Classic 500

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #8261 on: September 16, 2022, 09:43:16 pm
Took the Bullet for its annual MOT test (UK), passed with flying colours so did a celebration 60 miles in the sunshine around Dorset ;D
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

WnRn

• Scooter
Reply #8262 on: September 17, 2022, 11:15:59 pm
Fitted a set of replica BSA M20 handlebars. They come raw so just painted them in a clear top coat.
Trip Machine black leather grip wrap on top of the Biltwell grips. Helps top dampen the vibes down a bit.
Put a oil level sticker on the fake oil tank.
Put the high OEM muffler on. It was super loud and had a broken baffle inside that rattled around. Stuffed the inside of the muffler with stainless steel wool which has made it quitter and hold the loose baffle in place. Had to cut some length off the end of the muffler pipe to be able to get all the stainless wool in. Checked the spark plug after a ride and perfect colour of plug so jetting etc is spot on.

WnRn

• Scooter
Reply #8263 on: September 21, 2022, 02:58:56 am
Replaced running lights and instrument lights with  BA9S BAYONET LED globes. Now I should be able see the neutral light in full sun light. And made the others brighter too.

the possum

• Scooter
Reply #8264 on: September 29, 2022, 08:39:00 am
I didn't do much today - raining.
However, I recently pulled the inner cable from my speedo drive and carefully cleaned it with WD-40, wiped it clean (again), then lightly greased (wheel bearing grease - all I had ) it before reinstalling.
The end result is that my speedo needle is now quite steady - instead of wagging about.