Author Topic: Thoughts on performance cam  (Read 4525 times)

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #30 on: December 10, 2022, 10:13:35 pm
I'd like to see some photos too. Especially the AJ. Brings a certain Velocette to mind, built by everyone's favourite Kawasaki chopper upperer.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

bthtony55?

• Scooter
Reply #31 on: December 11, 2022, 09:13:37 am
When you make a post, just below the text box are the words "Attachments and other options".  Click on that and you will see an area to "attach" pics.  You will need to have the picks downloaded on your computer first of course.  I usually put them on the Desktop.  I also resize them to the smallest pixel count I can.  Usually, if you are looking at the pic on your computer and with cursor on the pic, right click.  If you are using Windows, you should see an option to resize the pic in the drop-down menu.  Hope this helps.  I do not think posting a pic is going to be a problem.

I hope this works. I have tried to follow your guide. If it does you should see my ES2 Norton, my 1000cc V Twin Norton and my Ariel 700 V Twin. The frame on the Norton V is an Eglie copy I made. The Norton single has my home made 4 valve head on. I think I should be ok taking a few thou of the enfield barrel.
Tony

Tony
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 09:18:16 am by bthtony55? »

bthtony55?

• Scooter
Reply #32 on: December 11, 2022, 12:57:53 pm
I hope this works. I have tried to follow your guide. If it does you should see my ES2 Norton, my 1000cc V Twin Norton and my Ariel 700 V Twin. The frame on the Norton V is an Eglie copy I made. The Norton single has my home made 4 valve head on. I think I should be ok taking a few thou of the enfield barrel.
Sorry to hijack this post by the way.
Tony

Tony

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #33 on: December 11, 2022, 05:18:52 pm
Tony

Tony

I think we can call that success!  The pics came through fine.  Very nice trio of bikes you have there.  Thanks for sending the pics!

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #34 on: December 12, 2022, 03:01:09 am
Tony

Tony
Some very ambitious and impressive projects there!
Nice looking unique bikes!
Home of the Fireball 535 !

bthtony55?

• Scooter
Reply #35 on: December 12, 2022, 03:13:09 pm
Thanks both. I feel a little guilty hijacking the post so better keep to Enfield stuff. Apologies for that folks. Just trying to show I've done lots of engineering over the last 50 years but you never stop learning about stuff.  I do like to get the best out of my bikes. Roll on the spring eh.
At lease I know how to post pictures now.
Tony

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #36 on: December 12, 2022, 11:24:36 pm
Wow. Men in sheds, eh?  8)
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

12many

• Scooter
Reply #37 on: December 17, 2022, 03:39:20 am
Determine what the specs of the oem cam are. Do you know? Has anyone here physically measured duration @ .004”, .008 etc or @  .050”, .200”, know the lobe lift, the lobe separation angle and where the intake centerline is? Can’t make recommendations without knowing the cam specs you have. You’re looking for improved low to midrange increases. I’d start researching outfits that can re-grind these cams. Endless lobe profiles exist that could possibly be ground on your core. You have options. But it’s not a pull a cam install a cam simple deal. Lots more to it than “bolt-on”
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 03:50:31 am by 12many »

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: December 17, 2022, 05:00:05 pm
Determine what the specs of the oem cam are. Do you know? Has anyone here physically measured duration @ .004”, .008 etc or @  .050”, .200”, know the lobe lift, the lobe separation angle and where the intake centerline is? Can’t make recommendations without knowing the cam specs you have. You’re looking for improved low to midrange increases. I’d start researching outfits that can re-grind these cams. Endless lobe profiles exist that could possibly be ground on your core. You have options. But it’s not a pull a cam install a cam simple deal. Lots more to it than “bolt-on”

Are you looking for UCE cams to buy?
ACE Motors - sales & administration

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #39 on: December 17, 2022, 06:23:56 pm
Yes, I know all the factory specs.
Home of the Fireball 535 !