Author Topic: Itchy Boots - the Movie  (Read 672 times)

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead

Karl Childers

• Ghost in the machine.
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 01:19:20 am
The wife has been watching season six  with me, while she's not into motorcycles she loves the travel aspect of it and Noraly as the strong empowered woman that she is. We have yet to watch this finale but will be checking it out soon. In the meantime we've reverted back to season one and her India adventures on R E Himalayan which the Mrs. has not seen.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 01:23:29 pm
The wife has been watching season six  with me, while she's not into motorcycles she loves the travel aspect of it and Noraly as the strong empowered woman that she is. We have yet to watch this finale but will be checking it out soon. In the meantime we've reverted back to season one and her India adventures on R E Himalayan which the Mrs. has not seen.

:) :)

"The Wife" (SWMBO & 15 years my junior) & I have been watching Noraly since Day One in India & I've been raving about her on the forums once in a while since then also. Very strong, tough determined woman who learned her video craft very well. So many "motorcycle trip" videos can bore you to death in 5 minutes or are nothing but on & on about "how hard this is" & blah, blah, blah or mile after mile of a highway through the handlebars. She's learned how to put together videos that keep you interested.

And she just deals with it all no matter how hard it gets & just gets on with it.

Interest here seemed to fall off after she wasn't on an Enfield any longer. I don't care WHAT she rides. She da best!  :) :)

I tried my damnedest for the first year to get my two granddaughters hooked on her with not too much luck. I was hoping at least one of them might "get it". They were 18 Noraly's first year & just had too many competing interests, I guess. Plus neither of them even ride bicycles or have friends, boys or otherwise, with the least bit of interest in anything with wheels and motors. I don't think any of them have ever lifted the hood of a car.     

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 09:03:13 pm
            Interest here seemed to fall off after she wasn't on an Enfield any longer. I don't care WHAT she rides. She da best!  :) :)             
I too have been following her since India. She's a far better rider than I ever was or will be.
It takes guts to travel alone to some of the wild and barren places she's ridden in, it wouldn't have taken much of an 'off' to see her incapacitated in the middle of nowhere.
She is without a doubt, my No1 hero.

Frank

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 10:09:35 pm

"The Wife" (SWMBO & 15 years my junior) & I have been watching Noraly since Day One in India & I've been raving about her on the forums once in a while since then also. Very strong, tough determined woman who learned her video craft very well. So many "motorcycle trip" videos can bore you to death in 5 minutes or are nothing but on & on about "how hard this is" & blah, blah, blah or mile after mile of a highway through the handlebars. She's learned how to put together videos that keep you interested.

And she just deals with it all no matter how hard it gets & just gets on with it.

I tried my damnedest for the first year to get my two granddaughters hooked on her with not too much luck. I was hoping at least one of them might "get it". They were 18 Noraly's first year & just had too many competing interests, I guess. Plus neither of them even ride bicycles or have friends, boys or otherwise, with the least bit of interest in anything with wheels and motors. I don't think any of them have ever lifted the hood of a car.     

That describes my two 22-24 year old granddaughters exactly, too. Even though both of their parents own and ride 6 motorcycles and have followed Itchy Boots from the start of her travels, the two kids would rather sit in their rooms and watch Japanese anime and do Twitter and Facebook stuff.  :(

I am only 1/3 of the way through the Movie. I wonder what, if anything, she plans to do now?
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 11:39:13 pm
That describes my two 22-24 year old granddaughters exactly, too. Even though both of their parents own and ride 6 motorcycles and have followed Itchy Boots from the start of her travels, the two kids would rather sit in their rooms and watch Japanese anime and do Twitter and Facebook stuff.  :(

I am only 1/3 of the way through the Movie. I wonder what, if anything, she plans to do now?

She does give some hints & I'll say na' more say na' more. Pay close attention to her last monologue.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 11:50:36 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.