Author Topic: Honda GB750  (Read 595 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
on: April 05, 2023, 05:28:45 am
https://www.hondaprokevin.com/new-2024-honda-gb750-motorcycle-release-date-announcement-coming

Long story short. Will Honda take this awesome engine they’ve built and throw it in a classically styled motorcycle for all of the riders out there that want a more “vintage” hotrod? I still think we need to see the GB350 imported here to the US, Europe and more corners around the world as I think it’d sell like hot cakes in that price range, but… A GB750 with 90 horsepower, in a fairly light package with the right design behind it – would sell extremely well because there are a LOT of people that want that styling but don’t want to take step down in performance, like they would be with the 350.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Leofric

• Grand Gearhead
  • UK
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 01:12:05 pm
I read a test report that the fuelling /throttle response on the 750 hornet can be a bit snatchy !
The seat looks a bit thin to me as well . Will have a sit on one next time I am at my local Honda dealer.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 03:29:51 pm
The $8K, 420 pound, 90 HP Hornet looks to be a serious street flogger. Likely the thinness of the seat is secondary to the importance of that tailpiece keeping you from sliding right off the back when the old right wrist wrings the throttle WFO! ;D

The 120+ MPH top end is way more than I'm interested in. The Interceptor's 45 ponies will easily do the trick for about $2K less. The GB750 does look a treat though...
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.