Author Topic: Dude, Harley bros get…..  (Read 16773 times)

Brian10x

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #105 on: December 06, 2022, 02:11:55 pm
He must have titanium testicles to deal with that much vibration for that long.
The road to redemption is paved by dried bodily fluids.

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #106 on: December 06, 2022, 02:41:02 pm
Rode to work yesterday. Ended up beside a guy on a custom harley at a red light.
 He looked at my bike and said ‘that's badass!’ and gave me a fist bump and then the light turned green and we went our separate ways.
 I would call that friendly.
(And no, he was not flirting, with my jacket, riding pants, helmet & gloves you can not tell if I’m female or male)
2022 Rocker Red Continental GT650

jackthebiker

• Bulleteer
Reply #107 on: December 06, 2022, 03:30:35 pm
I just sold my 2021 HD Heritage Classic, before that I had a 2019 Road King, both great bikes. Handling, comfort, power, and reliability were excellent. I usually have more than one bike, but right now I just have a 2022 W800. I am considering buying a 650 Interceptor this spring. I have owned 45 motorcycles from 11 different brands in my life and have ridden more, and I gotta say the negative attitude towards HD on this site makes little to no sense. I have been riding since 1968, and I would never have owned a Harley years ago, they certainly had little power, and were trouble. One of the only bikes I have owned that had no issues(recalls or problems) in over 20,000 miles was my first Harley, a 2010 Electra Glide. There is no more stable and comfortable motorcycle going down the road at 80 mph than a newer Road King. I have never been a "waver", but that doesn't mean I think I am better than you.  :)
48 motorcycles purchased in my life from 12 different brands. Currently own a 2022 Royal Enfield 650 INT and a 2022 Kawasaki W800.

Brian10x

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #108 on: December 06, 2022, 03:35:35 pm
There are good and valid reasons for the Harley hate. I can only speak for myself, as a former owner.  HD WILL NOT make a motorcycle I like, with an even firing, smooth running engine, and at a price that I can afford. They flat out refuse, leading me to buy 20 years of Hondas.

HD is a marketing firm, disguised as a motorcycle factory.

jackthebiker

• Bulleteer
Reply #109 on: December 06, 2022, 03:50:43 pm
There are good and valid reasons for the Harley hate. I can only speak for myself, as a former owner.  HD WILL NOT make a motorcycle I like, with an even firing, smooth running engine, and at a price that I can afford. They flat out refuse, leading me to buy 20 years of Hondas.

I never said they made a motorcycle to fit every ones needs. My point was simple, that they make a great motorcycle now, but not always. Let me guess, the HD you owned was several years ago. I have had LOTS of Hondas, including a 1992, 1995, and a 2018 Gold Wing all bought new.
48 motorcycles purchased in my life from 12 different brands. Currently own a 2022 Royal Enfield 650 INT and a 2022 Kawasaki W800.

12many

• Scooter
Reply #110 on: December 06, 2022, 04:06:49 pm
Some of the disdain or dislike (not hate) towards some in the Harley crowd is merely a reaction to the attitudes displayed by those Harley riders. They reap what they sow. They are the ones instigating “attitude” Life’s too short to endlessly take the high road. They get attitude right back at em. Just like some in the British steel bike crowd who have attitudes towards Royal Enfields from India. Seen that as well.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 04:08:53 pm by 12many »

Breezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2019 Interceptor, 2021 R NineT
Reply #111 on: December 06, 2022, 04:10:58 pm
'It has been pointed out that Jonathan Swift in his 1726 novel Gulliver's Travels described this phenomenon when writing about how two groups entered into a long and vicious war after they disagreed on which was the best end to break an egg.'

The narcism of small differences, played out to perfection. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism_of_small_differences

A Harley wouldn't be my first choice... but I'd still take it over a car.

Brian10x

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #112 on: December 06, 2022, 04:11:17 pm
I just wish, and pray, and sincerely hope they will some day realize the hundred year old firing order should be moderdized and come into the new century like everyone else. Sure, they can continue making those lazy boy recliners on wheels, and I applaud the effort on electric and the Pan America, but there stubborn refusal to engineer a truly modern, (270 degree crank?) twin , that would appeal to a huge number of us, really grinds my gears.

I am American, and I want to buy American. It irks me that Americans don't make a product I want to spend my money on.

Rant off.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #113 on: December 06, 2022, 04:23:38 pm
Some of the disdain or dislike (not hate) towards some in the Harley crowd is merely a reaction to the attitudes displayed by those Harley riders. They reap what they sow. They are the ones instigating “attitude” Life’s too short to endlessly take the high road. They get attitude right back at em. Just like some in the British steel bike crowd who have attitudes towards Royal Enfields from India. Seen that as well.
Agree.

(And no, he was not flirting, with my jacket, riding pants, helmet & gloves you can not tell if I’m female or male)
Hate to tell you (but not really  ;)) but guys can tell you're a female rider, even with all the gear on. Some sort of straight version of a gaydar, I suppose.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

hammer

• Bulleteer
Reply #114 on: December 06, 2022, 04:26:45 pm
 In the begining of a long trip I will wave to other riders. After many miles I become focused on just the road in front of me and will realize that a group of riders going the other way waved to me--- all of them. Too late to wave back, maybe they think I'm a jerk or unfriendly. Not true, but how will they ever know ?

jackthebiker

• Bulleteer
Reply #115 on: December 06, 2022, 04:44:52 pm
I agree completely, it always irked me when I got the my Harley is better than your Royal Star Venture. ( I had a 1999, 2004, and 2007 ) But then I would smile to myself as I blew past them. I lived north of Tomahawk WI for a few years, home of the fall ride. I always got a kick out of seeing them unload their Harley from a trailer and then drive them into town like they just made a long trip. My buddy bought a new Soft Tail Springer around 1990, beautiful bike, but he couldn't ride to far because it vibrated so bad.

jackthebiker

• Bulleteer
Reply #116 on: December 06, 2022, 04:54:25 pm
I just wish, and pray, and sincerely hope they will some day realize the hundred year old firing order should be moderdized and come into the new century like everyone else. Sure, they can continue making those lazy boy recliners on wheels, and I applaud the effort on electric and the Pan America, but there stubborn refusal to engineer a truly modern, (270 degree crank?) twin , that would appeal to a huge number of us, really grinds my gears.

I am American, and I want to buy American. It irks me that Americans don't make a product I want to spend my money on.

Rant off.

The new Milwaukee 8 engines are not the same as the old engines, to the complaints of some of the Harley faithful. My 2010 Electra Glide shook bad at idle, and when you hit the started the sound of the starter engaging was enough to wake the dead. My newer M8 engines have lost at lot of the old Harley character. That goodness.

whippers

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #117 on: December 06, 2022, 05:34:11 pm

It’s actually a finance firm disguised as a motorcycle company
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor Baker Express
2007 Ducati Monster S4RS

The older I get the Faster I was

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #118 on: December 06, 2022, 06:07:02 pm
As an aside, I was antiquated with a guy who put the word out that he would buy Harleys for X% more than a dealer's trade-in value. He and his son would build double decker racks and load them into shipping containers and send them to Norway. This was in the late '80s and '90s. He would do 4 a year. He lived in a nice house.
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

Island Rider

• Grease Monkey
Reply #119 on: December 06, 2022, 08:12:27 pm

Rant off.

You know they devised a balance shaft or some such, made a smooth(ish) Harley, and got endless complaints. They know their market and it isn't you ;)