Author Topic: DoorDash Deliveries on a Himalayan  (Read 970 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
on: October 30, 2022, 11:13:56 pm
For you intrepid Himi types, you might enjoy the YouTube channel "Nomad Brad" at https://youtube.com/user/bradbailey701.

Brad's one of those DoorDash food delivery drivers down in Texas who gets it done astride a Himalayan. He just sort of recently popped up on my YouTube shorts feed, and I find I really enjoy his cheerful stuff and thought I should pass it along.

Now that I think on it, doing a bit of DoorDashing might be a fine way to afford a nice new bike and even make a few bucks besides. I know a lot of folks have done similar gigs with Uber or Lyft chiefly to get a car out of it. I believe they may even offer some programs for vehicle purchase, though I have no details on that, good or bad.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

him a layin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 01:30:14 am
nice. i used to deliver auto arts, so can identify.

FortWorthKarl

• Scooter
  • Back to riding after 20 years! First time RE owner
Reply #2 on: December 18, 2022, 12:00:19 am
Thanks for the heads up! I'm in Fort Worth, Texas and do Doordash/Uber Eats in my regular car.

Would love to put around town on the Scram, I'll have to check out his channel and see how he deals with multiple drinks/larger orders!
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time...I think I've forgotten this before. ~Steven Wright

FortWorthKarl

• Scooter
  • Back to riding after 20 years! First time RE owner
Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 05:08:49 am
I found this food carrier on Amazon and ordered it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ICNT5HA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now, I just need to work out a stable rack on the bike to support it.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time...I think I've forgotten this before. ~Steven Wright

him a layin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 04:31:50 pm
i'm having a hard time imagining making a living in today's world. yes, maybe driving/delivery.