Author Topic: Bullet basket case  (Read 1884 times)

TonyVanda

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: October 28, 2021, 01:48:23 am
Thanks Adrian, I don't know about, or have ever heard of that website so thanks for the link. I have watched a lot of Paul Henshaw's vids on YouTube. What does ASBO stand for? Yes, the SuperStar was my first Royal Enfield and I got addicted. I've resto'd a 91 Bullet which was sold on, had 2000 Bullet 500 wreck, which I parted out to subsidize improvements to the SuperStar and now the J2 (and a dozen or so other bikes in between)

I'll start separate threads for the other bike problems I've got.

Regards
Tv
Aarrrgh, an oil drip!

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #16 on: October 28, 2021, 01:08:27 pm
ASBO stands for Anti-Social Behaviour Order, sort of an injunction for lesser acts of criminal behaviour or nuisance, in use in the UK a few years back. Usually seen as a badge of street cred to the (mostly but not always) youths who received them. Another failed attempt at solving juvenile delinquency.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

TonyVanda

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: October 31, 2021, 09:08:58 am
Yep, I measured the basket case steering stem along side the SuperStar and it's shorter as you said. So, thanks for giving me the heads up otherwise I'd have made a bg mistake. I've put the basket case on the back burner temporarily until i get the other two bikes running as they should.

Many thnks for your help.
Regards
Tv
Aarrrgh, an oil drip!

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #18 on: October 31, 2021, 04:31:16 pm
Probably wise, though I've never associated wisdom with any aspect of my own RE experience.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

TonyVanda

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: January 10, 2022, 09:47:18 pm
I dont know whether wisdom came into it but the basket case is sold. One of the members of the club was looking for an iron barrel project so out she goes. Now I've got to get the Bullet performing. Thanks for all the help.
Aarrrgh, an oil drip!