Author Topic: YouTube suggestions?  (Read 86081 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #60 on: May 22, 2020, 03:23:03 am
Here's one with some footage of home built engines not made by Allan Millyard. I love the first one, very impressed how he got some much of the engine working outside of the engine. Even the gearbox is on the outside  ;D. Don't think it'd last too long out on the road though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAncd8SOoDc

I beseech thee O Lord! Suffer none of these guys to move in nearby. Yeah verily even unto my adjacent zip codes. For their raucous creations do vex my ear drums. Except that Aniket fellow with his V-twin Musket Enfield. He's always welcome.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #61 on: May 22, 2020, 12:31:21 pm
The first one is pure living sculpture. Engine and transmission "Al Fresco".
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #62 on: May 22, 2020, 02:42:26 pm
The first one is pure living sculpture. Engine and transmission "Al Fresco".
Yes! fascinating to watch, can't see it getting regular road use though.
It would make an excellent exhibit in a motorcycle museum / showroom to show how things work.

Frank

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
Reply #63 on: May 22, 2020, 06:32:59 pm
Aniket's first Musket might not be the fastest version but it ticks all my boxes. That Hummer looks finger-hangry :o but what a project!
Lurker on a Vespa

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #64 on: May 22, 2020, 10:28:36 pm
There are some incredibly talented, creative and knowledgeable people in this world, and I am humbled when ever is see one of these builds.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #65 on: May 23, 2020, 03:29:23 am
There are some incredibly talented, creative and knowledgeable people in this world, and I am humbled when ever is see one of these builds.

So am I...I just don't wanna see, or more importantly, hear  them on my block. Especially that Suzuki. Recently some devotee of bolt-on "performance" gear moved in on the cul de sac a few hundred feet from my house along with his little purple wailing unmuffled Nipponese shitbox, which, even with his "Sick-Ass Drivin' Skillz", he appears incapable of parking less than 3 feet (about a meter) from the curb. So now, three or four O'Clock in the morning the whole neighborhood regularly erupts, sounding not unlike the pits at the Belgian Grand Prix, as he and all his Fast and Furious  fanboy dipshit buddies shriek and backfire hither and yon 'til dawn. I probably need take no action, as I'm fairly sure my otherwise pleasant Ethiopian neighbor with a 2 year old daughter regularly woken by these vehicular antics is likely to one day soon greet him the hard way with a fence post digger. And apparently there had already been an altercation between one of this guy's visiting boom-buddies and a retired Army guy living on the other side of the circle, unhappy with some jamoke loudly and repeatedly raging back and forth at maybe three times the speed limit past his home. Fisticuffs ensued--trained retired killer versus loudmouth nothing, who'd made the mistake of exiting his obnoxious ride. I was busy tinkering with my Bullet, so at the time only saw the lights of a goodly number of Prince William County's finest arriving to watch the fun.

So yeah, much as I can appreciate the finesse and creativity of such tinkerers, save those window-shuddering decibels for the track, OK? Just five minutes from here are all the sparsely traveled and twisty country roads you'd ever want to really let that swine squeal at full gallop, cascading all the way to the Appalachians and beyond. So, why are these ass clowns ripping it up and down Darbydale Avenue and its sidestreets with their 25 mph speed limit and speed humps? Oh...There goes one howling by now, and it's not even 11 PM yet.

So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #66 on: May 23, 2020, 06:50:30 am
So, why are these ass clowns ripping it up and down Darbydale Avenue and its sidestreets with their 25 mph speed limit and speed humps?
Perhaps because people have alternative views of reality? ...

https://youtu.be/ylhsbfQTPDQ?t=4

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #67 on: May 23, 2020, 02:26:02 pm
Holy Cow Bilgemaster! Lighten up a little. That rampant concern of yours must be exhausting.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #68 on: May 23, 2020, 05:01:55 pm
Holy Cow Bilgemaster! Lighten up a little. That rampant concern of yours must be exhausting.

Actually, in my heart of hearts I know I'll one day miss the sounds of internal combustion if I hang in there long enough to witness everyone whispering around in a nanny-state-approved autonomous electric ovum. But those dimwits around the corner really need to dial it back. And now for the obligatory video:

https://youtu.be/bc9xhAM8WMU
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:08:23 pm by Bilgemaster »

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #69 on: May 23, 2020, 05:26:57 pm
Nice, being a Long Islander I still lament the loss of those crazy-assed pioneers.

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
Reply #70 on: May 23, 2020, 05:38:27 pm
 LOL. I grew up near the San Diego Zoo's howler monkeys that serenaded me at all hours.
Lurker on a Vespa

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #71 on: May 23, 2020, 07:48:54 pm
Actually, in my heart of hearts I know I'll one day miss the sounds of internal combustion if I hang in there long enough to witness everyone whispering around in a nanny-state-approved autonomous electric ovum. But those dimwits around the corner really need to dial it back. And now for the obligatory video:

https://youtu.be/bc9xhAM8WMU

Classic!  8)
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
Reply #72 on: May 27, 2020, 05:43:05 pm
A local mechanic rode 250 mi from San Diego to Yuma Arizona on dirt and pavement. I was amazed by what can be done with a whopping 50cc Vespa Primavera on a popular day's ride. May be of interest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhn7jGm1NuE
Lurker on a Vespa

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #73 on: June 05, 2020, 08:14:11 am
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #74 on: June 05, 2020, 02:36:13 pm
A look inside the Ducati factory
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jR7ENFjqfb4&feature=emb_title

Thanx Gizzo! That's so hysterical I've just watched it three times and subscribed. There's something at once charming yet profoundly disconcerting about an Australian putting on an Italian accent...Like listening to some Dutch guy speaking English while gargling on a flatbed truck bumping along rough road.

Executive Summary: "Ducati: At least we don't make airplanes."