Author Topic: best way to add waterproofing/resistance to hitchcock usb charger while in use?  (Read 750 times)

iblastoff

• Grand Gearhead

(not my photo but same install location)

just curious whats a good suggested way to make this thing potentially water resistant WHILE in use? is there a clean way to do it thats not just "try to stick it all in a ziplock bag while in use" kind of way?

and damn the anodized black on this thing SUCKS. the circular rim on mine is already fully brown.

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT

(not my photo but same install location)

just curious whats a good suggested way to make this thing potentially water resistant WHILE in use? is there a clean way to do it thats not just "try to stick it all in a ziplock bag while in use" kind of way?

You could dedicate a black cord to it / cut a slot in the cap / black silicon seal from the underside.
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

richard211

• Grease Monkey
 It's better to buy a dedicated waterproof USB connector. They are available as a set. Some of these types of USB connectors support data transfer.
 The female USB port is usually mounted on a panel and the inside portion accepts a male USB cable. This portion will need to be sealed, one could use hot glue, silicone etc.
 When the USB cable needs to be used, one would unscrew the cap off the female USB socket, insert the male USB plug and then screw the waterproof housing on the male USB cable to the female connector.
 The male USB are mostly available with mirco USB on the end that plugs into a device. There are also Type C cables available.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 06:33:56 am by richard211 »