Author Topic: Centre Stand  (Read 3085 times)

Link1473

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: March 27, 2023, 03:10:34 pm
Any of you had any experience of this site, just found it on Ebay. They have been very helpful

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #16 on: March 27, 2023, 03:42:26 pm
The Hitchcock's offering already has all the bits you'll need. That's just the stand. Look over the H's kit. No reason to add levels of difficulty.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

tomcraig

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: May 06, 2023, 02:34:37 am
After years of harming my back I resoived the stand problem on my 1960 Bullet by repositioning the stand mounting holes higher in the rear plates by about the width of the mount bolt.

Auldgit

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: January 15, 2024, 11:32:42 am
Hi all, new user here, just bought a Crusader and am finding it very difficult to get onto the centre stand, just read above about the modified kit available for the Bullet, is there a similar option for the Crusader? I'm ordering a bolt-on propstand to use while out and about, but will still need to use the centre stand in my garage. Any advice welcomed.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #19 on: January 15, 2024, 08:59:29 pm
Unless you have a machine shop handy you'll have really wished you'd have just bought this kit. Hitchcock's have been at this a long time. Ebay is great as long as you know EXACTLY what you want and feel "lucky". Myself, I don't need the extra hassle of "bits 'n piecing" things like this together. We only get so much time above ground....
:o ;D ;D ;D

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-shop/Stands-Accessories/19948

PART No. 92837
CENTRE STAND CONVERSION WITH ENGINE PLATES AND FIXINGS (INDIAN MADE)
£88.00

Product Details
CENTRE STAND CONVERSION WITH ENGINE PLATES AND FIXINGS (INDIAN MADE)

The standard Royal Enfield alloy centre stand fitted to the Redditch models was not very efficient. When fitted to the Bullets, lifting the bike onto the stand can be a real struggle. We have the answer.... A robust centre stand conversion (complete with engine plates) allowing you to roll the bike on and off the stand without difficulty or embarrassment! It uses well-designed Indian items, the conversion offers more than enough leverage to easily put the bike onto the stand.
For suitable models see the "Fitment Guide".
Note: Can also be fitted on the Redditch built Enfield twins with siamese exhaust pipes, but NOT twin pipes.

A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Lorenzo

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: January 16, 2024, 09:25:37 am
AzCal -
All well and good for a Bullet, but I don't think it will fit a Crusader ; it's certainly not listed in Mr. H's fitting guide.

Auldgit

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: January 16, 2024, 12:29:47 pm
Would be ideal for me, but don't think it will fit a Crusader. Haven't been able to find a suitable alternative yet. Thanks both for your interest.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #22 on: January 17, 2024, 01:13:14 am
For what it's worth I just checked the Crusader Sport and 350 Bullet parts books for 1961, cast alloy centre stand HAS THE SAME PART NUMBER.

This rather suggests that, possibly with a bit of ingenuity to allow for any differences in mounting, H's Indian Bullet centre stand could just be made to work after all. More investigation needed?

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Auldgit

• Scooter
Reply #23 on: January 17, 2024, 11:00:30 am
Well that's really interesting. More investigation certainly. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. As a matter of interest, what is the part number for the '61 Bullet stand? I have the Crusader booklet for '57 that came with the bike. Cheers AG

Lorenzo

• Scooter
Reply #24 on: January 17, 2024, 11:12:22 am
Yes, Crusader and Bullet had the same alloy centre stand part #38152, but on the Crusader the rear engine plates and the stand pivot pin are somewhat different from the Bullet arrangement.
If it is possible to use the Indian made stand and its pivot, they would likely be the only parts of a "stand fitting kit" usable.
However, it's a safe bet that someone, somewhere out there has converted a Crusader stand away from this original set-up.......
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 11:28:54 am by Lorenzo »

Auldgit

• Scooter
Reply #25 on: January 17, 2024, 11:36:10 am
Interestingly, my parts book gives the stand part number as 38823...!

Lorenzo

• Scooter
Reply #26 on: January 17, 2024, 12:03:47 pm
Same stand . #38152 is stand bare, #38823 is stand c/w. spring post.
Royal Enfield played with part nos. like this for a very long time.......

Auldgit

• Scooter
Reply #27 on: January 17, 2024, 01:25:17 pm
No wonder we get confused.....Cheers!