Author Topic: 2020 models  (Read 1451 times)

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
on: December 06, 2019, 02:26:51 pm
I am now seeing ads by my two local dealerships that they have 2020 models in stock!

Pictures look exactly the same.  Prices seem the same.

Any word on if RE has made any changes / improvements?  Or just a continuation of the previous years production run?

Each dealer does have one 2019 model offered at a good discount....I'm not ready to buy until the spring...so I will probably miss out on the discounted bikes.  But glad there seems to be no price increase over last year.

Cookie

mwmosser

• Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 02:34:32 pm
The 2020s are in at my local dealer as well. I looked them over and saw no changes immediately visible to the naked eye, nor any price increases. There was one 2019 left, discounted. I think any changes to the 650 Twins will be no earlier than 2021 (obviously, since the 2020s are literally sitting in dealers' showrooms now). But I haven't even seen any articles teasing changes yet. Perhaps more HP a la what Triumph did with the Street Twin, but who knows.
2019 Interceptor 650 Mark Three

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 06:27:20 pm

The 2020s are in at my local dealer as well. I looked them over and saw

Were 500 singles included in the latest delivery?  I've read that these will be discontinued in the next few months.

Big news for 2020 was the conversion of the 350s to BS-VI compliance.  This has apparently been delayed.  We won't very likely be seeing those in the US anyway.

The Himilayan is supposed to get ABS and 4-way flashers in 2020.

I think folks will be excited in 2021 or whenever the 650 version of the "adventure bike" that is rumored to be in the works, comes out.

mwmosser

• Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 06:50:28 pm
I did read that about the Himalayan but didn't get up close and personal to test the flashers. I think our dealer only stocks 650 Twins and Himalayan. I don't recall seeing any 500s at all. But then again I wasn't looking.
2019 Interceptor 650 Mark Three

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 07:03:20 pm
RE had a habit (good habit) of making changes on an ongoing basis and not by model year. It was excruciating to get India to understand that even with no changes a model year makes a difference in the western world. I can't speak for the policy today.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com