Author Topic: Odometer / dash always on, anyone know how to fix this?  (Read 1424 times)

dexterkane

• Scooter
OK so picked up a GT535 today. It needs a bit of love, one of the strangest things is the odometer never turns off, so when the bike is off the battery light is on. Sure I will find it dead before long. Anyone come across a fix for this?

Thanks!

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 02:42:00 pm
Sounds like a wiring problem around the meter. Open the headlight bucket use a VOM meter to see what's hot.
I use this. Power Probe 3.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

dexterkane

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 01:08:10 pm
Sounds like a wiring problem around the meter. Open the headlight bucket use a VOM meter to see what's hot.
I use this. Power Probe 3.

So finally got round to checking this today. With the ignition set to off there was current running to the solid red wire here. None of the others. This connector leads to the dash. Wondering if this is meant to be happening or someone's bodged it further upstream for some reason.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 01:35:07 pm
Try to identify the + (hot) Positive wire going to the meter, (speedometer). Find the - ground.
  Also, download the manual here to get a look at the schematic.
  Follow the wires back from the meter. Somewhere, there will be a closed connection, making the circuit work.
  I'm not sure of this, but, RE might have the hot on all the time. That means if the ground wire grounds out, the circuit goes on.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Dinasaur

• Scooter
  • Fitter machinest RE Harley Ducati
Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 03:19:33 am
The larger solid red wire is constant battery power to your ignition switch and speedo
GT 535 Harley Ducati