Author Topic: My New Ride-The 650 Interceptor/2nd time Around!  (Read 36061 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: November 28, 2019, 07:34:55 am
500 klm review. this beats my previous interceptor trek by roughly 150 klm in distance travelled but still behind the 019 cb500x earlier on this year. but I expect to pass that milestone too

https://youtu.be/14widsIv3Kg

Breezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2019 Interceptor, 2021 R NineT
Reply #31 on: November 29, 2019, 08:47:30 am
Good stuff. Where did you get that song?  ;D

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: November 29, 2019, 10:46:12 pm
that's an original in fact I actually penned that myself......lol

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #33 on: November 30, 2019, 01:31:12 am

I like the song! Is that you singing? If you have ever adjusted the valves on an antique VW, you know how to do this. It is even easier than the bike because they are easy to reach. There are some youtube videos that say you don't have to remove the gas tank. Technically that's true but it is so much easier with the tank out of the way and it only takes a few minutes to remove. I did have trouble the first time pulling the fuel line at the "quick release" but after the first time it is simple. Also, you don't need a new gasket. Just clean the old one. It is reusable rubber. Then glue the gasket into the valve cover. That prevents it from slipping around on reassembly.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: November 30, 2019, 05:32:10 am
I could say it was me BUT..lol it was actually the wife singing it. I will have a go at adjusting the tappets myself although I have never done that task before as I usually rather pay some-one to do mechanical work. this time I am curious to see how its done so I will have a go and see what happens.
note taken on that quick release on the tank fuel line.

Breezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2019 Interceptor, 2021 R NineT
Reply #35 on: November 30, 2019, 10:22:16 am
Cool! A man of many talents!

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: November 30, 2019, 10:40:43 pm
and master on none!...lol

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 07:26:16 am
I had a go at adjusting the tappets today and it actually worked out ok. took the bike for a run afterwards and all good. never done that task before to anything...bike or car! so was lucky to end up with a good result and no leaks.

https://youtu.be/qgGyJabfmiU

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: December 04, 2019, 08:34:15 am
500 klm service - oil/filter change

https://youtu.be/Bv_P1P9cpuI

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: December 06, 2019, 09:14:30 am
fitting the new slash/cut mufflers

https://youtu.be/36bdWYsqpeQ

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: December 06, 2019, 03:00:20 pm
I keep getting the feeling that sooner or later some Euro bureaucrat will realize it it is just too easy to remove motorcycle mufflers and mandate that from now on they be welded on to the bike's chassis.   :o
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Dr Mayhem

• Grease Monkey
Reply #41 on: December 06, 2019, 03:48:13 pm
I keep getting the feeling that sooner or later some Euro bureaucrat will realize it it is just too easy to remove motorcycle mufflers and mandate that from now on they be welded on to the bike's chassis.   :o
[/quote

LoL  ;D You're not saying that some of our law makers here in the good ol' USA aren't bought and paid for are you? Hell freezes over first  ;)

Edit: I must learn how to read better!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 03:50:25 pm by Dr Mayhem »
Guy
19 Conti GT in Dr Mayhem paint 08/24/2019
06 HD Street Bob
04 Buell XB12S Lightning

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: December 06, 2019, 11:37:37 pm
better sound clip on the exhaust. remember too this is no high priced job. in US$ - $110 would pull it up

https://youtu.be/ttmEIX1FjmI
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 11:43:45 pm by wildbill »

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: December 07, 2019, 01:02:33 am
forgot to mention-big greeting too the forum member-who drops me a thumbs down per video clip. this has been going on for 30 or so clips...lol

well I must say-what a poor sample of a human you are! you must be truly unhappy with your miserable life and I bet you are indeed a miserable grumpy old sod of a guy too.

my bet is you probably have one bike - used -got it cheap- because your a tighta//- when toilet duty calls remove the paper from public toilets to save buying  it- and use both sides as wipes.

that's what splits you and I . I may have sh/t on one side BUT you my friend your covered in in..LOL

I will let you know via clips when I am about to buy the next bike 28in my case there is always the next set of wheels my friend. but in your case - not so lucky!

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #44 on: December 07, 2019, 01:19:18 am
forgot to mention-big greeting too the forum member-who drops me a thumbs down per video clip. this has been going on for 30 or so clips...lol

well I must say-what a poor sample of a human you are! you must be truly unhappy with your miserable life and I bet you are indeed a miserable grumpy old sod of a guy too.

my bet is you probably have one bike - used -got it cheap- because your a tighta//- when toilet duty calls remove the paper from public toilets to save buying  it- and use both sides as wipes.

that's what splits you and I . I may have sh/t on one side BUT you my friend your covered in in..LOL

I will let you know via clips when I am about to buy the next bike 28in my case there is always the next set of wheels my friend. but in your case - not so lucky!

You do a great job on your videos. I have known world class musicians and songwriters. They can sell out a venue but let them get one bad review and they are torn up about it. The world has more than its share of a$$holes. Just ignore them and they will go bother someone else. I have attempted to make a few GoPro videos. It is not easy. If someone doesn't appreciate your efforts, let them try to make them.

This reminds me of the first motorcycle race I ever attended, the Sacramento Mile. Harley V-Twins sliding on dirt at 120 mph! The lead changing several times each lap. This loudmouth 300 pound "biker" in front of me was shouting at one of the racers that they weren't up to his standards. I told him that the guy in LAST PLACE was better than everyone in the stands. Some people need some perspective.